Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Quote Originally Posted by clinresga View Post
    Yeah, Native pointed that out upthread in post #99.

I know that Native and scottdude have argued that Beaton was sending an extremely subtle pro-Duke message by parodying rabid Duke haters. I'm confident that 99 out of 100 readers who didn't know his backstory (like me) would have read this as another anti-Duke diatribe and missed any purported pro-Duke message. So he's either 1) being so subtle that his message is totally lost 2) is so fearful of being seen as biased that he's overcompensating or 3) is so cynical that he's willing to vilify his alma mater knowing that ragging on Duke generates eyeballs/clicks.

So Native and scottdude, since you know Andrew, I'm hoping that you can pull some strings and convince him to target a different school next year. UHCheat would seem like an obvious choice.
    Using "big, bad Duke" gave me a sense he might be making fun of the haters.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Using "big, bad Duke" gave me a sense he might be making fun of the haters.
    That's what I saw, too.

-jk

Quote Originally Posted by clinresga View Post
    Yeah, Native pointed that out upthread in post #99.

I know that Native and scottdude have argued that Beaton was sending an extremely subtle pro-Duke message by parodying rabid Duke haters. I'm confident that 99 out of 100 readers who didn't know his backstory (like me) would have read this as another anti-Duke diatribe and missed any purported pro-Duke message. So he's either 1) being so subtle that his message is totally lost 2) is so fearful of being seen as biased that he's overcompensating or 3) is so cynical that he's willing to vilify his alma mater knowing that ragging on Duke generates eyeballs/clicks.

So Native and scottdude, since you know Andrew, I'm hoping that you can pull some strings and convince him to target a different school next year. UHCheat would seem like an obvious choice.
    Who whoa whoa, slow down. Don't put undue pressure on that team down the road into making the field of 64. That's a lot to ask!
    Hard at work making beautiful things.