New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley

Carolina Panthers 2023 - The Everything Is New season

New coach and new QBs. The past playcallers are officially gone now with Darnold off to San Fran.
    For now at least new Coach Frank Reich and owner David Tepper hold onto the #1 pick, and it looks like they'll be going for a QB. It's not too often that the new guy starts though, even the first rounders, so the Panthers have brought in Andy Dalton on a two year deal.
    Two years seems smart, knowing that if he's not on the bench to start the season, sooner or later he will be.

The Carolina Panthers and free agent quarterback Andy Dalton are expected to reach an agreement on a two-year, $10 million deal that includes $8 million fully guaranteed, a source told ESPN's Adam Schefter.

The maximum value of the contract is $17 million, the source said.

Dalton will give Carolina the veteran it has been seeking to help bring along the quarterback it selects with the No. 1 overall pick in the upcoming NFL draft. The Panthers are focused on Ohio State's C.J. Stroud and Alabama's Bryce Young with the first pick, according to sources, although they will continue to evaluate Florida's Anthony Richardson and Kentucky's Will Levis.
    https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...-year-10m-deal
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Another new face. Sounds like a good one, too.

The Carolina Panthers have agreed to a three-year contract with Cincinnati Bengals free agent tight end Hayden Hurst, a source told ESPN's Jeremy Fowler on Tuesday.

Hurst is coming off one of his most productive seasons in the NFL, catching 52 passes for 414 yards -- his second-highest career totals in each category -- during the regular season.
    https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...st-source-says
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

If they changed their hideous color scheme I'd like them a lot more...

They are really putting together a good team. This coaching staff is a breath of fresh air. The free agents "look" like they can fill some holes.

New blood was sooooo needed. I'm more excited about what other moves the front office/coaches make before draft as I am to see who they actually draft at QB.

The Panthers will be very young, but I think this staff will have them in sync early and we'll win some games early.

Yes, I drink the Panther cool-aid ..

are you a "new" panther fan?
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese