Page 5 of 83 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BigZ View Post
    Transfer portal should not be open until after the tournament.
    Why? If a player’s season is over why should he/she have to wait?

Or bowl games. Why would the NCAA do this?

Quote Originally Posted by Nrrrrvous View Post
    247 already has him transferring to Syracuse. 100%
    That's their prediction calculation. 2/2 prognosticators chose Syracuse.

Quote Originally Posted by Matches View Post
    They are expecting at least one more, not counting Love or Bacot.
    I wonder if any of Bacot, Davis and Love would consider coming back to UNC without the NIL money. Can they get as good a deal if they transfer?

This could present some delightful issues if things start to unravel even a bit next year. Here's hoping, anyway!
    Man, if your Mom made you wear that color when you were a baby, and you're still wearing it, it's time to grow up!

Quote Originally Posted by killerleft View Post
    I wonder if any of Bacot, Davis and Love would consider coming back to UNC without the NIL money. Can they get as good a deal if they transfer?

This could present some delightful issues if things start to unravel even a bit next year. Here's hoping, anyway!
    Their sponsors can't be too happy with their investments in an under-achieving, dysfunctional group. Do they want more of the same?

Quote Originally Posted by BigWayne View Post
    Interesting to leave a school whose coach has just retired in order to go to another school whose coach has just retired.

200 kids in the portal as of this morning. Yikes, not sure if CBB really wants this. Admission Departments can not be happy with this trend.

Quote Originally Posted by roywhite View Post
    Their sponsors can't be too happy with their investments in an under-achieving, dysfunctional group. Do they want more of the same?
    I heard Bacot signed on for the next season of Outer Banks, where he will play a sand flea.

Quote Originally Posted by AGDukesky View Post
    Why? If a player’s season is over why should he/she have to wait?
    They should wait because the portal is not open yet. Because the season isn’t over yet and tournaments and bowl games are supposed to be important. They still don’t have to play. For that matter they could quit mid season. But they are still under scholarship. I don’t know where the idea came from that colleges should be run in such a way as to maximize student convenience. The rest of the world doesn’t work that way.

Bacot is out of eligibility isn’t he? I guess if he goes to grad school at UNC he can play next year, but I don’t see that happening. He looks done.

Quote Originally Posted by BigWayne View Post
    I mean, two people can't be wrong!
    "That young man has an extra step on his ladder the rest of us just don't have."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBlue View Post
    200 kids in the portal as of this morning. Yikes, not sure if CBB really wants this. Admission Departments can not be happy with this trend.
    No trend, it's already here. Last year something on the order of 1700 out of a total of 5000 D1 CBB players entered the portal. The game has already been changed.

Quote Originally Posted by clinresga View Post
    No trend, it's already here. Last year something on the order of 1700 out of a total of 5000 D1 CBB players entered the portal. The game has already been changed.
    I'm not a fan of this whole situation. The one small bit of good news is that I believe you only get one transfer where you don't have to sit out. So most (but not all) of the players who transferred last year are unlikely to transfer again, so that will at least slightly lower the numbers.

The implementation of NIL and transfers without sitting out a year at basically the same time was a perfect storm, with the addition of the bonus covid year making it even bigger. One could argue (and we have many long threads here that discuss this) that these changes are generally good things as they empower the players, but it has turned things into total chaos.

JJ Starling has committed to Syracuse. If they can hold onto Mintz for another year, that could be a really good backcourt next season. I feel like 'Cuse hasn't had good wings or forwards in a while. If Autry can develop or snag a couple of athletic wings that can score, he might be able to get the Orange back on track.

this is pure speculation and me speaking out of a my backside but could Whiteside be a transfer? Go to some smaller program and be "the guy" next year.

this is pure speculation and me speaking out of a my backside but could Whiteside be a transfer? Go to some smaller program and be "the guy" next year.
    I don't see that with his NBA prospects still showing being drafted in the first round.

Whiteside was my beach volleyball nickname

Hassan Whiteside? I believe he exhausted his eligibility years ago.

Dariq Whitehead, I suppose he could transfer since anyone can. I would be absolutely shocked if he wasn't playing professionally next season. I know his stock has slipped, but he is clearly a talented player and the shooting stroke looks good. Some team is going to sign him, maybe in the 1st or early 2nd at the latest.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Almost impossible not to compare him to Tatum.
    {wipes drool off phone}

Quote Originally Posted by aivroadstr View Post
    Bacot is out of eligibility isn’t he? I guess if he goes to grad school at UNC he can play next year, but I don’t see that happening. He looks done.
    He still has a covid year if he chooses to use it.