Page 19 of 83 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dukelifer View Post
    Yep- likely somewhere high profile.
    TCU?
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    TCU?
    Ahhh now I see

Quote Originally Posted by duke79 View Post
    Today IS April 1, right?

But I do think Caitlin Clark could play on some men’s D-1 teams and score double digit points, if they could get her enough open shots.
    No chance. She can probably compete in drills and skills competition, but I think you are severely underestimating the difference in athleticism and strength here. Let the women's game be great on its own without trying to compare it or its stars to the men, it will never come out in their favor.

Quote Originally Posted by kmspeaks View Post
    No chance. She can probably compete in drills and skills competition, but I think you are severely underestimating the difference in athleticism and strength here. Let the women's game be great on its own without trying to compare it or its stars to the men, it will never come out in their favor.
    Ditto... we can absolutely celebrate the amazing achievements of Caitlin Clark while not advocating for her to compete with men.

An anecdote --

A few yeas ago, before I got a little bit too old for it, I used to take part in a weekend "dads" game at my son's school. I was easily among the worst players there and there were some quite good players. Every so often a couple former WNBA players who worked at the school would show up to play with us. One of them was a former WNBA all-star and both were less than 5 years out of the league. They were jaw-droppingly better than anyone else at seeing angles and anticipating what was going to happen on each play. They had devastatingly good jump-shots... but, merely playin with a bunch of dads (a couple of whom had played D3 college ball a couple decades ago) they were not the best players on the floor.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Ditto... we can absolutely celebrate the amazing achievements of Caitlin Clark while not advocating for her to compete with men.

An anecdote --

A few yeas ago, before I got a little bit too old for it, I used to take part in a weekend "dads" game at my son's school. I was easily among the worst players there and there were some quite good players. Every so often a couple former WNBA players who worked at the school would show up to play with us. One of them was a former WNBA all-star and both were less than 5 years out of the league. They were jaw-droppingly better than anyone else at seeing angles and anticipating what was going to happen on each play. They had devastatingly good jump-shots... but, merely playin with a bunch of dads (a couple of whom had played D3 college ball a couple decades ago) they were not the best players on the floor.
    Are you sure? Women understand men better than men understand women. I'm just going to leave this video here without further comment:

Quote Originally Posted by kmspeaks View Post
    Yeah, I'm watching the game now. All respect to Caitlin Clark but she could not compete against male college athletes.

Quote Originally Posted by tommy View Post
    Not sure if we'd be interested in adding a center via the portal this year, or if he'd be the kind of guy we'd be interested in, but you never know. TCU wide body Eddie Lampkin is entering the portal. Claimed Coach Dixon used racial language and that's why he left the team.
    Quote Originally Posted by brevity View Post
    Jon Rothstein (the real one) tweeted that TCU's Eddie Lampkin will decide upon a destination Sunday, and it will be one of the following: Arkansas, Cincinnati, Colorado, Florida, Georgetown, Memphis, Xavier.
    Eddie Lampkin announced he's transferring to Colorado.

An anecdote --

100% agree. I occasionally played with the women's team as part of the practice squad (Lindsay Harding years). They were obviously good, but it's just different.

Clark would get playing time on all the JV teams I have seen. I don't know how much effect the larger ball would have on her shooting.

Interesting conversation about Catlin Clarke...could we move this to something not titled 2023 Transfer Portal?

The transfer portal news could pick up very quickly soon (no inside information just that the season ends tonight).

Tramon Mark from Houston in the portal.

Former NC State big Ebenezer Dowouna has transferred to Georgia Tech and their new head coach, Damon Stoudemire.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBenAkiva View Post
    Former NC State big Ebenezer Dowouna has transferred to Georgia Tech and their new head coach, Damon Stoudemire.
    His minutes really fell this year at NCSU with the arrival of DJ Burns. He is a really good rim protector, but not much of a scorer.

Tech was super small this season so they need some size. Good pickup for Stoudamire.

Wow, I completely missed that Mighty Mouse was their new coach. Nice pickup for him. Odd to see that intra-conference transfers are becoming more common (I also saw that Nickel from the CHeats went to VT)

Will Baker - 7' center from Nevada in the portal. Did 1 year at Texas before two at Nevada.

One of the better guards just hopped into the portal. LJ Cryer, a 6'1' off guard from Baylor, just jumped into the fray. He's a career 42.5% shooter from 3 and was third on the team in scoring at 15.0 per game this past season.

One of the better guards just hopped into the portal. LJ Cryer, a 6'1' off guard from Baylor, just jumped into the fray. He's a career 42.5% shooter from 3 and was third on the team in scoring at 15.0 per game this past season.
    UNC would kill for him. Let's hope he has no interest.

scottdude8 is offline Moderator, Contributor, Zoubek disciple, and resident Wolverine
    Wow... that's a very big name, and seems like a surprise. Add him to the Dickinson/Love (yes yes, I know) caliber at the very top of the transfer portal, I think.
    Scott Rich on the front page

Trinity BS 2012; University of Michigan PhD 2018
    Duke Chronicle, Sports Online Editor: 2010-2012
    K-Ville Blue Tenting 2009-2012

Unofficial Brian Zoubek Biographer
    If you have questions about Michigan Basketball/Football, I'm your man!

Dang.

Jeff Borzello @jeffborzello

BREAKING: Oral Roberts star Max Abmas is in the transfer portal. Averaged 21.9 points this season, 22.8 points last season, 24.5 points in 20-21.

4:26 PM · Apr 3, 2023

New best player in the portal...

Max Abmas from Oral Roberts. One of the top scorers in all of college basketball.

https://twitter.com/GoodmanHoops/sta...01660287991811