• Florida Atlantic

7 10.61%
  • Miami

27 40.91%
  • Connecticut

27 40.91%
Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

2023 NCAAM Final Four Thread

Exactly what everyone predicted from the outset, right? Poll attached - prognosticate away!
    Just be you. You is enough. - K, 4/5/10, 0:13.8 to play, 60-59 Duke.

You're all jealous hypocrites. - Titus on Laettner

You see those guys? Animals. They're animals. - SIU Coach Chris Lowery, on Duke

Egg on the Pundits Faces

Who would have thought

Miami ACC
    UCONN Big East
    Fla Atl Conference USA
    Saqn Diego St Mountain West

Not a team with a higher seed. SEC, Big 10, Big 12 all eliminated.

FAU...why not!!

As the current possessor of third place in the DBR bracket challenge I’m pulling rank on almost all of you and declaring this tournament over. Time to accept that UCONN is about to get #5 😖

By far and away the most crazy and unpredictable tournament that I can remember. There is so much apparent parity in college bball. Bilas said that NIL and the transfer portal has evened the playing field and the blue bloods are less dominant now. I also think COVID has done something to the talent pool, perhaps widening the gap between veteran players (read 6th seniors) and kids out of high school. For the latter it may have stunted some of their development.

Quote Originally Posted by Saratoga2 View Post
    Who would have thought

Miami ACC
    UCONN Big East
    Fla Atl Conference USA

I'd be more inclined to rag the pundits if my own brackets weren't totally trash.

I voted with my heart, not my brain.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    I'd be more inclined to rag the pundits if my own brackets weren't totally trash.
    Yes but they get paid and are supposed to be experts...so rag away.

Kind of annoying that, at least IMO, we’re better than two of the FF and even with a third (Miami).

Quote Originally Posted by Saratoga2 View Post
    Who would have thought

Miami ACC
    UCONN Big East
    Fla Atl Conference USA

You can also add the P12 to that list. The only conference that is a surprise is the Big 12(-2) as I thought TX might be legitimate. If Mark Mitchell had only been healthy...

I think:

SDSU over FAU.
    Miami over UConn.

SDSU is a defense wins angle. I question their ability to score at times, but they seem to be able to do enough. And even though FAU has gotten this far, I just don't have confidence they can keep it going. BTW, this could be the lowest-rated FF game in a long time.
    Miami over UConn is more emotional. Tough to ever pick UConn, and they have been rolling. Perhaps Larranaga's experience beats out Hurley's. Miami has just been playing so tough. It will be a battle with UConn. And I'm pretty sure the so-called experts will pick the winner of this game over the winner of the other game, regardess.

Miami over SDSU.

Again, somewhat emotional pulling for the ACC. But Miami is proving to have several weapons that get the job done. It may be an ugly game. People seem to doubt SDSU, but their defense is legit. Still, I picked Miami.

9F
    I will never talk about That Game. GTHC.

Quote Originally Posted by tommy View Post
    Kind of annoying that, at least IMO, we’re better than two of the FF and even with a third (Miami).
    I think there are at least 16 other teams that think the same thing. Not much can be said, though. These 4 teams won their games, the other 64 teams didn't.

9F
    I will never talk about That Game. GTHC.

For all the heat the ACC has taken, there’s this

Final four teams, 2022 and 2023

ACC - 3
    Big East - 2
    Big 12 - 1
    Mtn West - 1
    Conf USA - 1
    B1G - 0
    SEC - 0
    Pac 12 - 0

Quote Originally Posted by kako View Post
    I think:

SDSU over FAU.
    Miami over UConn.

SDSU is a defense wins angle. I question their ability to score at times, but they seem to be able to do enough. And even though FAU has gotten this far, I just don't have confidence they can keep it going. BTW, this could be the lowest-rated FF game in a long time.
    Miami over UConn is more emotional. Tough to ever pick UConn, and they have been rolling. Perhaps Larranaga's experience beats out Hurley's. Miami has just been playing so tough. It will be a battle with UConn. And I'm pretty sure the so-called experts will pick the winner of this game over the winner of the other game, regardess.

Miami over SDSU.

Again, somewhat emotional pulling for the ACC. But Miami is proving to have several weapons that get the job done. It may be an ugly game. People seem to doubt SDSU, but their defense is legit. Still, I picked Miami.

9F
    I think UConn wins this. Too big, D is good and shooting is very good. Miami’s D is not good enough and that will be the difference. It could be a close game though.

I might pick Miami to win it all, but man, UCONN has been just killing teams. They are playing at such a high level, I don’t know if the other three final four teams really can match them. I’m not a fan of UCONN( too many bad memories regarding their past games against Duke), but unless they just have a bad game, I see no way they will lose next weekend!

Can't have uconnvict Winning this thing.
    Anyone else.

Saturday's Final Four Schedule

No. 5 San Diego State vs. No. 9 Florida Atlantic | 6:09 p.m. | CBS
    No. 4 UConn vs. No. 5 Miami (Fla.) | 8:49 p.m. | CBS

Announcers: Jim Nantz/Bill Raftery/Grant Hill/Tracy Wolfson

I am expecting an underwhelming FF. Getting here was a heckuva fun ride, but championship matchups between essentially random teams usually aren’t that compelling.

Quote Originally Posted by brevity View Post
    Saturday's Final Four Schedule

No. 5 San Diego State vs. No. 9 Florida Atlantic | 6:09 p.m. | CBS
    No. 4 UConn vs. No. 5 Miami (Fla.) | 8:49 p.m. | CBS
    The Final Four match-ups include the best team from the Mountain West vs the best team from CUSA and the 3rd best* team from the ACC vs the 3rd best* team from the Big East.

If similarly rated teams were matched up in college football's post-season, it wouldn't be the in Final Four. Instead, it would probably be in the Duluth Trading Company Cure Bowl and the Duke's Mayo Bowl.

*Based on the tournament selection committee's pre-tourney 1-68 seed list.

Quote Originally Posted by House P View Post
    If similarly rated teams were matched up in college football's post-season, it wouldn't be the in Final Four. Instead, it would probably be in the Duluth Trading Company Cure Bowl and the Duke's Mayo Bowl.
    On the other hand, if college basketball were more like college football, the Selection Committee would just skip the first four rounds and automatically plug Alabama into the Final Four.