Page 3 of 56 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by 1991 duke law View Post
    Anyone have any sense as to whether Davis Love(s) Bacon returns? Tar Heel fans seem to have a hate on for Love- so perhaps we want him to return.
    Bacon? 🥓

Freudian slip?

Quote Originally Posted by gofurman View Post
    so the ones that COULD come back are Love.. Bacot and RJ Davis, is that right? of the starters. IE, Black and Nance are gone for sure?
    anyone? ofo the starter those are the only 3 that can return right? Black and Nance are gone for sure?

anyone? ofo the starter those are the only 3 that can return right? Black and Nance are gone for sure?
    I think both Black and Nance are out of eligibility.

Their fans are majorly down on Caleb Love. If I were him I wouldn't want to stick around, but who knows.

Yes. Love and Davis will be seniors next year, and I feel certain at least Davis will stay.

Bacot would be a 5th year player, if he chooses to use his extra year of eligibility and stay like Leaky Black did.

Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post
    Do you think it is poor sportsmanship to turn down an invitation to a post-season tournament? I imagine that Clemson will accept a bid.
    I’m not sure UNC has any choice. I doubt their paid talent deals included NIT games.

I have one word to say: Cowards.

9F
    I will never talk about That Game. GTHC.

Quote Originally Posted by SavDukeGrad View Post
    abuse he is getting from his own fans. They have certainly made him their scapegoat this year.
    I all fairness, Love earned it. 37.8% from the field...and you took the most FGA on the team. Toss in 29.9% from three and the most attemps on the team combined with the most turnovers on the team...well I can see a few problems. The hilarious part of it...37.8% was a career best FG% and his turnovers were a career low...so he is showing progress!

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Well, don't they have to share that windfall with the rest of the ACC?

Dear lord I hope they go to the NIT, put up a banner, and even have a banner reveal ceremony next year where they invite everyone back to celebrate. It might be tough to coordinate flights from Turkey, New Zealand, and the Philippines to get all their players back in town, but I hope they can figure out a way to do it. They will just need to make sure it is a day where the Delaware 87ers and Maine Red Claws have the weekend off.
    Is that a dig at those countries? Turkish league is very competitive and 3 of the last 10 or so champions of Euroleague were Turkish teams.

Quote Originally Posted by PackMan97 View Post
    I all fairness, Love earned it. 37.8% from the field...and you took the most FGA on the team. Toss in 29.9% from three and the most attemps on the team combined with the most turnovers on the team...well I can see a few problems. The hilarious part of it...37.8% was a career best FG% and his turnovers were a career low...so he is showing progress!
    There’s miles of space between Carolina fans acknowledging Love’s struggles or even hoping he moves on and hounding him into leaving social media.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedog View Post
    Well, to be fair, I think we technically turned down the NIT in 2021 although we had COVID Issues to deal with so perhaps that was a large factor (as we had to pull out of the ACC tournament due to it). A lot of teams seemingly turned it down that year so it might have been an anomalous year, but it's also a fact that Duke did turn down the NIT the last time the invite may have come two years ago.
    The Duke women turned down an NIT bid just last year. Happy that's not even close to being an issue this year.

Quote Originally Posted by PackMan97 View Post
    Money quote from the twitters: "If Caleb Love took a shot in Myrtle Beach, it would land in Scotland." That on top of an IC poster referring to him as "fool's copper" tells you everything you need to know about him. Love is a team killer. I made the joke early in the year that he only learned his teammates' first names because he figured out calling them by number rather than name didn't get him the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by kako View Post
    I have one word to say: Cowards.

9F
    i mean...duke would have almost surely turned down an NIT invitation just 2 years ago.
    April 1

Quote Originally Posted by uh_no View Post
    i mean...duke would have almost surely turned down an NIT invitation just 2 years ago.
    100%. I don’t get the hate on this particular issue.

Quote Originally Posted by uh_no View Post
    How dare you inject "reason" into an anti-UNC thread?!

Quote Originally Posted by kshepinthehouse View Post
    100%. I don’t get the hate on this particular issue.
    I think it has something to do with a particular light shade of blue.

Quote Originally Posted by camion View Post
    I think it has something to do with a particular light shade of blue.
    Yea but if they had accepted a bid we’d be mocking them mercilessly for playing in the event. If they made a run, we’d laugh at them for hanging a banner. If they lost early, we’d laugh at that.

I’m generally pro-NIT, I think it’s a good team-building exercise. There are times when I think it’s understandable to just be done though. Us in 2021 was one such time. This is another.

Quote Originally Posted by Matches View Post
    Yea but if they had accepted a bid we’d be mocking them mercilessly for playing in the event. If they made a run, we’d laugh at them for hanging a banner. If they lost early, we’d laugh at that.

I’m generally pro-NIT, I think it’s a good team-building exercise. There are times when I think it’s understandable to just be done though. Us in 2021 was one such time. This is another.
    But, but, but... We wear the proper shade of blue. They don't.

I don't get your not getting it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    How dare you inject "reason" into an anti-UNC thread?!
    It's times like this when I really miss Oats...

UNC had a number of players on the bench who allegedly were decent players coming out of high school but got little or inconsistent playing time this year. One would think the NIT would be a great chance for those players to get consistent playing time for at least one game so UNC can have a better sense of what they have in real game situations. It is kind of like a college football team accepting a bid to a mediocre bowl.

That being said, I agree with those above who said that no matter what UNC did, there would have been a bunch of posters here criticizing/insulting it. I am all-in on the rivalry but at some point we are the ones who end up looking a bit ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    UNC had a number of players on the bench who allegedly were decent players coming out of high school but got little or inconsistent playing time this year. One would think the NIT would be a great chance for those players to get consistent playing time for at least one game so UNC can have a better sense of what they have in real game situations. It is kind of like a college football team accepting a bid to a mediocre bowl.

That being said, I agree with those above who said that no matter what UNC did, there would have been a bunch of posters here criticizing/insulting it. I am all-in on the rivalry but at some point we are the ones who end up looking a bit ridiculous.
    If hating them is wrong, I don’t want to be right. 😇