Page 21 of 56 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidBenAkiva View Post
    Bacot officially returning for his 5th and final year.

https://twitter.com/goodmanhoops/sta...n7Z35YJV_Hcw-Q
    To establish records like 3 Senior Days?

Quote Originally Posted by roywhite View Post

They literally pay better than the G-league.

You can't make this crap up...

Unbelievable.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidBenAkiva View Post
    Bacot officially returning for his 5th and final year.

https://twitter.com/goodmanhoops/sta...n7Z35YJV_Hcw-Q
    Quote Originally Posted by roywhite View Post
    He wanted his second senior night, too. It's becoming a tradition.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    I don't see why people are surprised by this in the slightest. He isn't an NBA talent. He's a dang good college talent. He can probably make more NIL money than playing in Eastern Europe or something.

I fully expected him to return. And really, outside of them being rivals, his return is good for college basketball.
    Plush 5th year Heels are fully vested in the Fats ride share program so he’ll get a new ride equipped with a bag of weed and a pistol for his bonus senior year. Also included is a Graduate degree and wild, exotic traveling all season.

No doubt they will be looking for Brady Manek 2.0 to salvage this. I suppose they thought Nance was going to be that but did not pan out.

This leads me to believe Davis will very likely be back and Love is also still a possibility. They obviously need a few better-than-replacement bodies in the portal.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    Puff the Magic Transfer!
    Just curious, but do we think whoever lands him will immediately become a title contender in the eyes of Jay Bilas?

Quote Originally Posted by Matches View Post
    Eh. They went to the NIT with him one year, lost in the first round in another, and would have missed the tournament altogether in another. Bacot’s a very good player and seemingly a high-character guy, but he’s injury-prone and a difficult guy to build a team around.
    He will be the likely POY unless he gets injured.

Quote Originally Posted by jaywilliams22 View Post
    Bacot has nowhere to go. Color me not surprised. He's displayed 0 game outside of 5 feet from the basket...the NBA doesn't have room for that in today's game. Bacot and RJ Davis will form a solid 1-2 punch, probably better than most in the ACC.
    I think is really sad for him. With no where to go, obviously no classes to attend and prospects of another lackluster season I doubt he enjoys next year at all. In March 2024, I guess the “university” will ask him to leave.

Quote Originally Posted by simplyluvin View Post
    No doubt they will be looking for Brady Manek 2.0 to salvage this. I suppose they thought Nance was going to be that but did not pan out.

This leads me to believe Davis will very likely be back and Love is also still a possibility. They obviously need a few better-than-replacement bodies in the portal.
    Can Leaky come back- maybe as a player coach?

Quote Originally Posted by arnie View Post
    I think is really sad for him. With no where to go, obviously no classes to attend and prospects of another lackluster season I doubt he enjoys next year at all. In March 2024, I guess the “university” will ask him to leave.
    Well, he did have a brief role on Season 3 of Outer Banks so there's always acting...

Quote Originally Posted by luvdahops View Post
    Well, he did have a brief role on Season 3 of Outer Banks so there's always acting...
    He could play a student but that’s a bit of a stretch.

Quote Originally Posted by luvdahops View Post
    He’s been an actor for a while. Any time they call a foul on him, he acts like he never fouls. Personally, maybe Hubris brings the whole circus back, minus some rarely played bench guys, and losing all his star recruits to Pitino at St. Johns.

Quote Originally Posted by arnie View Post
    Oh, he’ll enjoy it. He’s a BMOC. And maybe the NYT will do another magazine cover article on him.

Quote Originally Posted by UrinalCake View Post
    Looks like prized 2024 recruit Ian Jackson is going to break his commitment to the CHeats and instead follow Pitino to St. John’s. What a shame.

https://twitter.com/Andrew__Slater/s...917166082?s=20
    No one is reporting this as far as I can tell,
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

Quote Originally Posted by lotusland View Post
    He could play a student but that’s a bit of a stretch.
    Lord have mercy I spit my tea out on that.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    He wanted his second senior night, too. It's becoming a tradition.
    Yes. And as we learned from Leaky, you get a framed jersey in the opposite color for your 2nd senior day!

Quote Originally Posted by dukelifer View Post
    He will be the likely POY unless he gets injured.
    I’ve heard that before. Will believe it when I see it.

Serious question

With Bacot’s announced return for a fifth year will he become vested in the UNC retirement system?

Asking for a friend.

Quote Originally Posted by indy1duke View Post
    With Bacot’s announced return for a fifth year will he become vested in the UNC retirement system?

Asking for a friend.
    Rumor has it they lured him back with stock options. (Tee hee, tee hee, I tickle myself sometimes.)