Page 13 of 56 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bshrader View Post
    I dont know if it's been mentioned here yet, but did anyone read Gilbert Johnson's (Puff Johnson's dad) response to the players declining to play in the NIT through a vote?

He says: "I think it should've been Coach's decision, not the kids' decision," Gilbert Johnson said. "They should have played in the NIT. Win or lose; they needed that experience. I don't like the way they ended it. To cap it off, with them saying no to the NIT? Why give them that decision? Apparently, they struggle to make the right decision. Seen that all year. Why leave that in their hands?"

I nearly spit my Sprite out, and it came through my nose reading this.

If that isnt the ultimate troll job, I dont know what is!
    Quote Originally Posted by nocilla View Post
    Sounds like Puff Johnson may be the next transfer portal entrant?
    Puff should transfer to Pitt. Return the favor that Cam Johnson pulled on the Panthers.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Agreed. This board's singular focus on UNC during a really magnificent run in March is confusing to me.

I understand fretting over UNC#2 in Chapel Hill, but the last few weeks of obsessing over their slim NCAA chances, and now "who's staying" is just... meh.

I mean, I also don't understand why people are so focused on Jay Bilas when there's so much great stuff going on in house with our program RIGHT NOW!

Some folks gotta stay on their soap boxes I guess. I'll leave y'all to it.
    It's not a singular focus. It's enjoying it while we can, as icing on the cake that is our great season, combined with something akin to bikeshedding. A lot of low-hanging fruit as far as commentary goes, whereas pre-game analysis for our matchup(s) requires a little more work.

Besides, there's plenty of miscellaneous basketball content in this thread, just like most DBR threads.

Agreed. This board's singular focus on UNC during a really magnificent run in March is confusing to me.

I understand fretting over UNC#2 in Chapel Hill, but the last few weeks of obsessing over their slim NCAA chances, and now "who's staying" is just... meh.

I mean, I also don't understand why people are so focused on Jay Bilas when there's so much great stuff going on in house with our program RIGHT NOW!

I will never understand the number of times folks both here and in the announcer thread take the time composing admonishments of those who enjoy those threads. Not your cup of tea? Great; don't drink it.

Quote Originally Posted by BLPOG View Post
    It's not a singular focus. It's enjoying it while we can, as icing on the cake that is our great season, combined with something akin to bikeshedding. A lot of low-hanging fruit as far as commentary goes, whereas pre-game analysis for our matchup(s) requires a little more work.

Besides, there's plenty of miscellaneous basketball content in this thread, just like most DBR threads.
    Oh yeah, it's a fun distraction during a bit of a break in game action. Come Thursday, it's all Duke. Right now, it's Duke plus some fun needling as a pleasant side show.

Quote Originally Posted by BandAlum83 View Post
    It seems readily apparent to me that the collapse was caused by the Coach K curse that kicked in at halftime.

I am fascinated with determining who cast the spell/curse:
    • Is there a termination date on the curse?
    • Does the curse survive Hubris' tenure?
    • Can UNC break the curse with a pre-defined set of offerings?
    • What are the parameter of the curse? (i.e. general despair inducing results, losing seasons, failure to make the NCAAT, etc)

Does anyone have any insights?
    With UNC, the number of horcruxes involved is always the variable that must be determined first.

Quote Originally Posted by AustinDevil View Post
    I will never understand the number of times folks both here and in the announcer thread take the time composing admonishments of those who enjoy those threads. Not your cup of tea? Great; don't drink it.
    I just prefer to revel in our accomplishments rather than the schadenfreude of others.

Apparently I'm in the minority.

I just prefer to revel in our accomplishments rather than the schadenfreude of others.

Why must one exclude the other?

We can't We enjoy both?

Why must one exclude the other?

We can't We enjoy both?
    Karma I guess?

Sure, you and other are right. I should just bail out and let you all have your fun.

And if you happen to live around here and have to listen to never-ending deluge of UNC propaganda and have to see that god-forsaken hue of blue everywhere you go — there is no way to not take joy in their abject despair.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Until Duke plays Thursday night, there's not much going on with the team that's "new". However, Carolina falling to pieces gives us something fresh to smile at every day.
    That's why I'm reading.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Schadenfreude rules! There's a reason why they say, "My two favorite teams are Duke and whoever is playing Carolina." And this year, my two favorite teams are Duke and Nobody, and nobody absolutely brings a smile to my face like Nobody!

9F
    I will never talk about That Game. GTHC.

I’ve never seen Oral Roberts play, so I don’t really have anything to add to that thread other than “I hope we win.”

I DO hope we win, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Matches View Post
    I’ve never seen Oral Roberts play, so I don’t really have anything to add to that thread other than “I hope we win.”

Well you probably saw them 2 years ago - they were one of the big stories that year, and made it to the sweet sixteen as a Cinderella.

I’m with the Shadenfreude folks. Last year, the cheats delighted in saying vulgar, ugly things to coach K when Duke played them in the Dean dump. Then, at the end of the season and in the final four, some of the players, and many, many of their fans were unrelenting in their mockery of the two Duke losses, especially the final four. So karma is a “bear” as they say. And I’m loving every minute of it.

I dont know if it's been mentioned here yet, but did anyone read Gilbert Johnson's (Puff Johnson's dad) response to the players declining to play in the NIT through a vote?
    Several of the players' parents have been spouting off across various channels, none of it good (for UNC). Several of them have mentioned the NIT and the decision not to play - there is conflicting information going around where some reports state that the players were allowed to vote, while others say some players wanted to play but were overruled. IC is irate that these parents have the gall to speak their mind, believing instead they should keep their mouths shut.

That program put the "fraud" in schadenfreude. I'm enjoying it for as long as I can.

Quote Originally Posted by moonpie23 View Post
    can we turn off the tears for them? i mean, seriously...they cheated for 20 years to keep their "student athletes" eligible .. their fanbase ranks up there with bama, patriots, and clemson... they place the creator of the 4 corners offense in on the HIGHEST of pedestals with 2nd place going to "ol huck" that kept watch over the whole thing...

the deserve every single nanobyte of the negative vortex they are currently experiencing...

it's like trying to rationalize Wells Fargo...

sheesh
    Truer words have never been written. . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Matches View Post

They have a 900 ft Jesus protecting the rim so pretty tough sledding in the lane.

https://beyondchron.org/he-talked-to-a-900-foot-jesus/

Quote Originally Posted by UrinalCake View Post
    Several of the players' parents have been spouting off across various channels, none of it good (for UNC). Several of them have mentioned the NIT and the decision not to play - there is conflicting information going around where some reports state that the players were allowed to vote, while others say some players wanted to play but were overruled. IC is irate that these parents have the gall to speak their mind, believing instead they should keep their mouths shut.

That program put the "fraud" in schadenfreude. I'm enjoying it for as long as I can.
    Yup.

https://247sports.com/college/north-...516366/?page=1

<Munching on popcorn, watching the Tarheel "faithful" shoot their own>

9F
    I will never talk about That Game. GTHC.

Quote Originally Posted by kako View Post
    Yup.

https://247sports.com/college/north-...516366/?page=1

<Munching on popcorn, watching the Tarheel "faithful" shoot their own>

9F
    Fantastic thread. True Tar Cheat fans inside and out.

Wwe're using Facebook's algorithm