Page 1 of 46 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 1048

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Durham, NC

    Tar Heels off-season thread

    I didn't realize this, but if your team is fortunate enough to salvage a Titanic/Lusitiana wreck of a season (apologies to icebergs and torpedoes) by having the 'high privilege and great honor" of accepting an NIT invitation, your team receives, in addition to your travel and hotel expenses comped along with game show worthy parting gifts, a grand total of $4,000 for each win (that was in 2019, so maybe it's around $4,316 now given inflation). I believe that pays for: one win - a banner, two wins - a banner with piping around it, three wins - imitation silk banner with piping and two brass-ringed holes for hooks to hang it. Four wins? Just hang it up.
    Fq0wDeBX0AEsMUd.jpg

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Don't forget the "priceless" heckling from your "neighbors".

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Hot'Lanta... home of the Falcons!
    Quote Originally Posted by Boswell View Post
    I didn't realize this, but if your team is fortunate enough to salvage a Titanic/Lusitiana wreck of a season (apologies to icebergs and torpedoes) by having the 'high privilege and great honor" of accepting an NIT invitation, your team receives, in addition to your travel and hotel expenses comped along with game show worthy parting gifts, a grand total of $4,000 for each win (that was in 2019, so maybe it's around $4,316 now given inflation). I believe that pays for: one win - a banner, two wins - a banner with piping around it, three wins - imitation silk banner with piping and two brass-ringed holes for hooks to hang it. Four wins? Just hang it up.
    Fq0wDeBX0AEsMUd.jpg
    Well, don't they have to share that windfall with the rest of the ACC?

    Dear lord I hope they go to the NIT, put up a banner, and even have a banner reveal ceremony next year where they invite everyone back to celebrate. It might be tough to coordinate flights from Turkey, New Zealand, and the Philippines to get all their players back in town, but I hope they can figure out a way to do it. They will just need to make sure it is a day where the Delaware 87ers and Maine Red Claws have the weekend off.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Atlanta
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Well, don't they have to share that windfall with the rest of the ACC?

    Dear lord I hope they go to the NIT, put up a banner, and even have a banner reveal ceremony next year where they invite everyone back to celebrate. It might be tough to coordinate flights from Turkey, New Zealand, and the Philippines to get all their players back in town, but I hope they can figure out a way to do it. They will just need to make sure it is a day where the Delaware 87ers and Maine Red Claws have the weekend off.
    So going to the NIT would be a net-financial negative after all those travel costs. I hope this doesn’t give them a reason to decline! I want Duke to get it’s $137.15 out of their participation!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    New Orleans, Louisiana
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Dear lord I hope they go to the NIT, put up a banner, and even have a banner reveal ceremony next year where they invite everyone back to celebrate. It might be tough to coordinate flights from Turkey, New Zealand, and the Philippines to get all their players back in town, but I hope they can figure out a way to do it. They will just need to make sure it is a day where the Delaware 87ers and Maine Red Claws have the weekend off.
    I don't understand the need for arranging all that travel. Won't most of these players still be in Chapel Hill next season?

  6. #6
    I would like them to be one of the last 4 in






    And then lose the play-in game.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    I would like them to be one of the last 4 in






    And then lose the play-in game.
    No, that would be horrible. The baby blues don't deserve an NCAA bid and I can't take another week of them playing with a chance to win. That would put a complete damper on the bracket reveal for me and I'd be pi**ed.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    I would like them to be one of the last 4 in






    And then lose the play-in game.
    Particularly if they get in at Wolfpack expense. The Triangle area sports rhythms would be entertaining for decades.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Well, don't they have to share that windfall with the rest of the ACC?

    Dear lord I hope they go to the NIT, put up a banner, and even have a banner reveal ceremony next year where they invite everyone back to celebrate. It might be tough to coordinate flights from Turkey, New Zealand, and the Philippines to get all their players back in town, but I hope they can figure out a way to do it. They will just need to make sure it is a day where the Delaware 87ers and Maine Red Claws have the weekend off.
    Is that a dig at those countries? Turkish league is very competitive and 3 of the last 10 or so champions of Euroleague were Turkish teams.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Honolulu
    Quote Originally Posted by evrim View Post
    Is that a dig at those countries? Turkish league is very competitive and 3 of the last 10 or so champions of Euroleague were Turkish teams.
    Pretty sure it's a dig at uNC having no NBA talent among it's upper classmen.

  11. #11
    Anyone have any sense as to whether Davis Love(s) Bacon returns? Tar Heel fans seem to have a hate on for Love- so perhaps we want him to return.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by 1991 duke law View Post
    Anyone have any sense as to whether Davis Love(s) Bacon returns? Tar Heel fans seem to have a hate on for Love- so perhaps we want him to return.
    Bacon? 🥓

    Freudian slip?

  13. #13

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Pretty bad look for UNCheat but the problem is...they would have lost and looked even worse. I hope recruits can see that the players don't matter, it's all about the brand. NIL money bought them a very experienced team this year...but the transfer, Manek, who learned to play elsewhere, was the key to last years unfortunate run, 9F

    I'm so happy that they are not in the NCAA, it's just such a better tournament now.

    FuI'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this. UNCheat!

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by elvis14 View Post
    Pretty bad look for UNCheat but the problem is...they would have lost and looked even worse. I hope recruits can see that the players don't matter, it's all about the brand. NIL money bought them a very experienced team this year...but the transfer, Manek, who learned to play elsewhere, was the key to last years unfortunate run, 9F

    I'm so happy that they are not in the NCAA, it's just such a better tournament now.

    FuI'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this. UNCheat!
    This post is worth the wankers.

    9F!
    Duke 28. Clemson 7.

  16. #16
    The last time uNC was officially eliminated from the NCAA tournament, a nationwide pandemic caused the elimination of the tournament itself and gave those cheating Cheaters another two years of misguided boasting about their tournament streak.

    What in this world do the deities have in mind for us this week?

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    raleigh
    too bad it wasnít last year.
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

  18. #18
    Will cheats consider a CBI tourney bid? They could win this one.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Earth
    Quote Originally Posted by 75Crazie View Post
    The last time uNC was officially eliminated from the NCAA tournament, a nationwide pandemic caused the elimination of the tournament itself and gave those cheating Cheaters another two years of misguided boasting about their tournament streak.

    What in this world do the deities have in mind for us this week?
    More impact from the SVB collapse? All the online payment platforms go down so nobody can see that UNC isn't there?

  20. #20
    I guess that could be interpreted as they didn't think they were good enough to compete in this field?!

Similar Threads

  1. MBB Off-season Thread
    By kAzE in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 08-22-2017, 03:46 PM
  2. Final Four Discussion Thread (Zags, Ducks, Heels, USC-East)
    By pfrduke in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 925
    Last Post: 04-06-2017, 01:29 AM
  3. MBB: Pre-season 2014-15 Thread
    By kAzE in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 282
    Last Post: 10-22-2014, 01:48 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •