Page 32 of 56 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dukelion View Post
    If they want to take the ball out of Davis' hands and instead put it into a freshman pass-first PG without a reliable jumpshot, thereby making Davis a catch and shoot 6' shooting guard...who are we to argue?
    To be fair, we kind of did the same thing with Tyus and Quinn. That team had its share of defensive issues but they figured it out at the right time.

This feels like a desperation move to me. I’m kind of shocked they haven’t gotten interest from any better players in the portal; maybe that’s still to come but if not that would be terrible. And by terrible I mean awesome (for us).

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Yeah but RJ Davis is best with the ball in his hands. He was PG this year and last and his 114.3 Ortg on KenPom topped the team among the regular players. I doubt he will take kindly to being moved off the ball as a senior.

What's more, Cadeau is 6-1, 165... He is basically the same size as Davis (maybe an inch taller and 10-15 pounds lighter). Cadeau is also not known as a strong defender. If you roll out a pair of 6-nothing PGs who weigh less than 180, your team is probably going to struggle mightily on D.

This feels like some fairly serious positional overlap that could be problematic for Carolina. I think the talk that Cadeau and Ian Jackson will reclass was based on the notion that RJ and Caleb would be moving on this year. With RJ still on the team, I just don't see how Cadeau makes sense.
    Davis and Cadeau will play 0-2 seasons with each other. If Cadeau reclassifies, imo he’s the primary PG. I don’t think Davis has ever (in college) been thought of mostly as a PG. He was simply a bit closer to a PG than was Love, and Trimble wasn’t ready to play significant minutes. At any rate, Davis is more scorer than passer, whereas Cadeau’s more passer than scorer.

I don’t know whether Davis would welcome being more 2 than 1, but his coach could persuade him.

Quote Originally Posted by UrinalCake View Post
    Cadeau is 6'1, 165lb and would be 19 years old. RJ Davis will be one of the best scorers in the league but is 6'0, 160lb and already gets exploited defensively. That would be a REALLY small backcourt...
    I’m not convinced Cadeau is that tall. Maybe 6’ tops. But I do think he’s a heady PG, nifty handle, sees teammates, gets those assists.

That backcourt defensively? Yes, that could be a significant problem for the Heels.

Quote Originally Posted by gumbomoop View Post
    That backcourt defensively? Yes, that could be a significant problem for the Heels.
    Hubert checks his roster to see if he’s got a rim protector at center backing up these tiny guards…

Quote Originally Posted by wilko View Post

They are zombie cockroaches and you will wear out boots trying to stomp them all out. There is no end. They just keep coming.

Or similarly the elves and the orcs, or the wraith and the ancients (stargate)... some might say a current world conflict feels like that as well.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBenAkiva View Post
    Justin McKoy and Tyler Nickel have both entered the Transfer Portal. First dominos to fall...
    Quote Originally Posted by Matches View Post
    McKoy transferred there from UVa - wonder if he’ll hit up a 3rd ACC school. That would surely be some sort of record.
    Unless the ACC expands aggressively, and I mean aggressively, then Justin McKoy transferred as far away from the league and from Chapel Hill as possible.

justinmckoy.jpg

(source)

Quote Originally Posted by brevity View Post
    Unless the ACC expands aggressively, and I mean aggressively, then Justin McKoy transferred as far away from the league and from Chapel Hill as possible.

justinmckoy.jpg

(source)
    Good place to spend your last year of college.

What a weird time to make this announcement. At least we know when their off-season will end.

Jon Rothstein @JonRothstein

Source: North Carolina will open the 2023-24 college basketball season against Radford on November 6th in Chapel Hill.

10:43 AM · Apr 4, 2023

Comments include:
    "0-1 start for the heels"
    "Cupcake game for Radford"
    "Gonna tell my kids about this."
    "Big of UNC to wait until after the national championship to announce this as to not steal the media spotlight #class"
    "could be big in determining NIT seeding"

Timberland’s visit came and went with no commitment, and now he is off to visit Kansas and UConn. Reality might be settling in for the CHeats that he’s going Bye, Bye, Bye. Time for them to Cry Me A River.

Quote Originally Posted by UrinalCake View Post
    Timberland’s visit came and went with no commitment, and now he is off to visit Kansas and UConn. Reality might be settling in for the CHeats that he’s going Bye, Bye, Bye. Time for them to Cry Me A River.
    Guess the heels aren't That Somebody, and they'll have to Try Again, Try Again.

I saw that Ian Jackson is making an extra visit to uncheat. They clearly are targeting at least one of him and Caddeau to come a year early. They may not suck as much as we would like next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Duke79UNLV77 View Post
    I saw that Ian Jackson is making an extra visit to uncheat. They clearly are targeting at least one of him and Caddeau to come a year early. They may not suck as much as we would like next year.
    That's fine. Bring them both next year. Let them be one and dones, then lose Bacot and maybe Davis at the same time. Then they've got the same problem next year.

Quote Originally Posted by robed deity View Post
    Guess the heels aren't That Somebody, and they'll have to Try Again, Try Again.
    I see what you did there

Seriously though....this is a big miss for them as Timberlake fits what they need...a shooter to surround Bacot and Davis.

Quote Originally Posted by Southgate0809 View Post
    That's fine. Bring them both next year. Let them be one and dones, then lose Bacot and maybe Davis at the same time. Then they've got the same problem next year.
    Yup

Jackson is a true alpha...he needs the ball in his hands. And he also doesn't have a reliable 3pt shot.

Pairing Cadeau and/or Jackson with Davis just seems round hole square peg to me....and then poof they'll all gone the following year.

Quote Originally Posted by Duke79UNLV77 View Post
    He cancelled that visit within the last day or so

I'm hearing from little birdies that Dontrez Styles is upset that some of his teammates beat him into the portal. He is almost a sure-thing to transfer.

Styles was a top 60-ish recruit coming out of high school in Kinston, NC 2 years ago. Clemson and NC State were quite hot for him... until Carolina came calling. Another kid who probably would want to stay in the ACC.
    Quote Originally Posted by chrishoke View Post
    On3/Joe Tipton: North Carolina transfer Dontrez Styles commits to Georgetown, Ed Cooley

“The connection between me and coach Cooley has been great and I trust him,” Styles said. “The opportunity is there and I’m ready to go take it and run with it.”

UNC picks up a pretty nice transfer...

Jaelyn Withers from Louisville. This kid was really strong earlier in his career but then seemed to fade and then came on last year to be their second best player (not saying much). Not sure if that was on him or on the coaching staff. Anyway, he has shown some ACC skills so he could be quite useful for the Heels. He is a stretch 4 who should fit nicely alongside Bacot.

https://twitter.com/TiptonEdits/stat...85029698547712

Still, not someone who strikes fear into my heart.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

UNC picks up a pretty nice transfer...

Jaelyn Withers from Louisville. This kid was really strong earlier in his career but then seemed to fade and then came on last year to be their second best player (not saying much). Not sure if that was on him or on the coaching staff. Anyway, he has shown some ACC skills so he could be quite useful for the Heels. He is a stretch 4 who should fit nicely alongside Bacot.

https://twitter.com/TiptonEdits/stat...85029698547712

Still, not someone who strikes fear into my heart.
    I look forward to UNC having a similar record to Louisville.

Quote Originally Posted by dlmzzz View Post
    I look forward to UNC having a similar record to Louisville.
    Setting the bar pretty high there...

Ohmygod!! Flip wishes Caleb Love "the best" at Michigan. Bwahahahahahaha!

https://twitter.com/kylefilipowski/s...94122442375168
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Ohmygod!! Flip wishes Caleb Love "the best" at Michigan. Bwahahahahahaha!

https://twitter.com/kylefilipowski/s...94122442375168
    Stop stop stop, Flip. I can only be so excited all at once.