Page 1 of 48 12311 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Tar Heels off-season thread

I didn't realize this, but if your team is fortunate enough to salvage a Titanic/Lusitiana wreck of a season (apologies to icebergs and torpedoes) by having the 'high privilege and great honor" of accepting an NIT invitation, your team receives, in addition to your travel and hotel expenses comped along with game show worthy parting gifts, a grand total of $4,000 for each win (that was in 2019, so maybe it's around $4,316 now given inflation). I believe that pays for: one win - a banner, two wins - a banner with piping around it, three wins - imitation silk banner with piping and two brass-ringed holes for hooks to hang it. Four wins? Just hang it up.
    Fq0wDeBX0AEsMUd.jpg

Don't forget the "priceless" heckling from your "neighbors".

Quote Originally Posted by Boswell View Post
    I didn't realize this, but if your team is fortunate enough to salvage a Titanic/Lusitiana wreck of a season (apologies to icebergs and torpedoes) by having the 'high privilege and great honor" of accepting an NIT invitation, your team receives, in addition to your travel and hotel expenses comped along with game show worthy parting gifts, a grand total of $4,000 for each win (that was in 2019, so maybe it's around $4,316 now given inflation). I believe that pays for: one win - a banner, two wins - a banner with piping around it, three wins - imitation silk banner with piping and two brass-ringed holes for hooks to hang it. Four wins? Just hang it up.
    Fq0wDeBX0AEsMUd.jpg
    Well, don't they have to share that windfall with the rest of the ACC?

Dear lord I hope they go to the NIT, put up a banner, and even have a banner reveal ceremony next year where they invite everyone back to celebrate. It might be tough to coordinate flights from Turkey, New Zealand, and the Philippines to get all their players back in town, but I hope they can figure out a way to do it. They will just need to make sure it is a day where the Delaware 87ers and Maine Red Claws have the weekend off.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post

Dear lord I hope they go to the NIT, put up a banner, and even have a banner reveal ceremony next year where they invite everyone back to celebrate. It might be tough to coordinate flights from Turkey, New Zealand, and the Philippines to get all their players back in town, but I hope they can figure out a way to do it. They will just need to make sure it is a day where the Delaware 87ers and Maine Red Claws have the weekend off.
    So going to the NIT would be a net-financial negative after all those travel costs. I hope this doesn’t give them a reason to decline! I want Duke to get it’s $137.15 out of their participation!

I don't understand the need for arranging all that travel. Won't most of these players still be in Chapel Hill next season?

I would like them to be one of the last 4 in

And then lose the play-in game.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post

No, that would be horrible. The baby blues don't deserve an NCAA bid and I can't take another week of them playing with a chance to win. That would put a complete damper on the bracket reveal for me and I'd be pi**ed.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post

Particularly if they get in at Wolfpack expense. The Triangle area sports rhythms would be entertaining for decades.

Is that a dig at those countries? Turkish league is very competitive and 3 of the last 10 or so champions of Euroleague were Turkish teams.

Quote Originally Posted by evrim View Post
    Is that a dig at those countries? Turkish league is very competitive and 3 of the last 10 or so champions of Euroleague were Turkish teams.
    Pretty sure it's a dig at uNC having no NBA talent among it's upper classmen.

Anyone have any sense as to whether Davis Love(s) Bacon returns? Tar Heel fans seem to have a hate on for Love- so perhaps we want him to return.

Quote Originally Posted by 1991 duke law View Post
    Anyone have any sense as to whether Davis Love(s) Bacon returns? Tar Heel fans seem to have a hate on for Love- so perhaps we want him to return.
    Bacon? 🥓

Freudian slip?

Pretty bad look for UNCheat but the problem is...they would have lost and looked even worse. I hope recruits can see that the players don't matter, it's all about the brand. NIL money bought them a very experienced team this year...but the transfer, Manek, who learned to play elsewhere, was the key to last years unfortunate run, 9F

I'm so happy that they are not in the NCAA, it's just such a better tournament now.

FuI'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this. UNCheat!

Quote Originally Posted by elvis14 View Post
    Pretty bad look for UNCheat but the problem is...they would have lost and looked even worse. I hope recruits can see that the players don't matter, it's all about the brand. NIL money bought them a very experienced team this year...but the transfer, Manek, who learned to play elsewhere, was the key to last years unfortunate run, 9F

I'm so happy that they are not in the NCAA, it's just such a better tournament now.

FuI'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this. UNCheat!
    This post is worth the wankers.

9F!

The last time uNC was officially eliminated from the NCAA tournament, a nationwide pandemic caused the elimination of the tournament itself and gave those cheating Cheaters another two years of misguided boasting about their tournament streak.

What in this world do the deities have in mind for us this week?

too bad it wasn’t last year.
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

Will cheats consider a CBI tourney bid? They could win this one.

Quote Originally Posted by 75Crazie View Post
    The last time uNC was officially eliminated from the NCAA tournament, a nationwide pandemic caused the elimination of the tournament itself and gave those cheating Cheaters another two years of misguided boasting about their tournament streak.

What in this world do the deities have in mind for us this week?
    More impact from the SVB collapse? All the online payment platforms go down so nobody can see that UNC isn't there?

I guess that could be interpreted as they didn't think they were good enough to compete in this field?!