Page 47 of 56 FirstFirst ... 374546474849 ... LastLast
    scottdude8 is online now Moderator, Contributor, Zoubek disciple, and resident Wolverine
    Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    There ought to be a rule that states that anything that exposes or denigrates the tarheels is fair game.
    On that note, I can't believe how we haven't dug into the fact that Bacot threw not-so-subtle shade at Wilcher on his way out. Bacot tweeted out "Running from the grind" right after the news broke, which Wilcher apparently took as a direct dig at him.

Obviously we don't know the intricacies of the situation here, let alone with Mgbako with us, but the contrast is pretty remarkable.
    Scott Rich on the front page

Trinity BS 2012; University of Michigan PhD 2018
    Duke Chronicle, Sports Online Editor: 2010-2012
    K-Ville Blue Tenting 2009-2012

Unofficial Brian Zoubek Biographer
    If you have questions about Michigan Basketball/Football, I'm your man!

Quote Originally Posted by scottdude8 View Post
    On that note, I can't believe how we haven't dug into the fact that Bacot threw not-so-subtle shade at Wilcher on his way out. Bacot tweeted out "Running from the grind" right after the news broke, which Wilcher apparently took as a direct dig at him.

Obviously we don't know the intricacies of the situation here, let alone with Mgbako with us, but the contrast is pretty remarkable.
    As someone who likes Bacot more than most folks here, that's a pot shot that I like to think would NOT come from one of our players in a similar situation.

I wonder if Cadeau’s reclass could backfire on Hubert. One of the big arguments for keeping him has been the stellar 2024 class - “let’s see what he can do these studs he recruited.” If UNC flops with Cadeau next year, all of a sudden “wait til 2024” sounds hollow.

Bacot tweeted out "Running from the grind" right after the news broke
    Is “grind” another word for “NIT” or “professional career”? If so Bacot could simply be referring to himself.

Strange tweet. Seems to be throwing more shade on Hubert’s summer training work.

Are you sure? What I saw from both sources was regarding another DEcommitment.
    Quote Originally Posted by dukelion View Post
    I assume the decommitment will be related to Jackson's arrival.
    Quote Originally Posted by brevity View Post
    Edited to add: I see more rumors flying as I was writing this post. Great.
    Quote Originally Posted by dukelion View Post
    The Ian Jackson reclass potential has been reported on extensively.

https://247sports.com/Article/UNC-ba...023-209477478/

I'm glad that he's now addressed it but I sort of take issue with the rumor mongering accusation. I mean it's pretty obvious this wasn't random speculation, rather a natural extension of the conversation that originated from numerous well sourced/respected articles.

Anyways...such is life in DBR message boards.
    The moderators have decided that a rumor isn't a rumor if you can count the followers. You demand satisfaction. I'm already losing, so, sure.

I apologize to both scottdude8 and dukelion for applying the label of rumor to their comments about a future, not-yet-reported decommitment within the UNC program. It's abundantly clear that I should have read "I assume the decommitment will be related to Jackson's arrival" as a factual report about Ian Jackson reclassifying to 2023, and not at all a rumor about Ian Jackson decommitting.

Moderators, please punish me as you see fit. I just presented a rumor in previous paragraph, and as this thread has proven, I have no followers.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    There ought to be a rule that states that anything that exposes or denigrates the tarheels is fair game.
    Wouldn't that be called the exception that proves the rule?

scottdude8 is online now Moderator, Contributor, Zoubek disciple, and resident Wolverine
    Quote Originally Posted by brevity View Post
    The moderators have decided that a rumor isn't a rumor if you can count the followers. You demand satisfaction. I'm already losing, so, sure.

I apologize to both scottdude8 and dukelion for applying the label of rumor to their comments about a future, not-yet-reported decommitment within the UNC program. It's abundantly clear that I should have read "I assume the decommitment will be related to Jackson's arrival" as a factual report about Ian Jackson reclassifying to 2023, and not at all a rumor about Ian Jackson decommitting.

Moderators, please punish me as you see fit. I just presented a rumor in previous paragraph, and as this thread has proven, I have no followers.
    I can’t speak for dukelion, but nothing you said was problematic or offensive to me in any way brev, nor meriting anyone sort of intervention, so we’re all good. Truth be told I think I agree more with you than dukelion about this, but I am somewhere in the middle.

The new world of social media journalism is something that is evolving at a rapid pace and we’ll all have to adjust to moving forward. My hope is that as mods we can come up with a more clear, objective guide for how we’ll deal with this moving forward.

I only listen to CERTIFIED "insiders"... most of the UNC stuff isn't as secret and one would imagine..

www.manalislshi.org says...
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

Quote Originally Posted by moonpie23 View Post
    I only listen to CERTIFIED "insiders"... most of the UNC stuff isn't as secret and one would imagine..

You’ve set my therapy back several years. Thanks for nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by moonpie23 View Post

The M word around these parts.

I had not even noticed that no one had posted this yet but D'Marco Dunn is now hoping his UNC "classes" will transfer to Penn State. He picked the Nittany Lions last night.

Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Dunn

Dunn's UNC "classes" apparently weren't good enough for Georgetown: https://twitter.com/HilltopHoops_/st...44640928309250

Quote Originally Posted by MChambers View Post
    Dunn's UNC "classes" apparently weren't good enough for Georgetown: https://twitter.com/HilltopHoops_/st...44640928309250
    (Insert slide whistle and "wah-wah" sound).

In the “random thoughts” department - Simeon Wilcher was a high school teammate of Mackenzie Mgbako. Any chance they both end up at IU to form a decommitment all-stars team?

Quote Originally Posted by MChambers View Post
    It's the second instance of this we've heard of, right?

How much you want to bet nothing changed after the days of Nyang'oro and Crowder?

Some of the comments are hilarious.

"Isn't he like 24 ? Get a job and stop subtweeting kids lol"

"Mando needs to move on from college and go get a job. Talking about running from the grind, dudes running from a 9-5"

"Big talk about a “grind” for a 17th-year senior who has yet to take the leap that a grind would produce. Coming out of high school as highly regarded as he was, but hasn’t improved any so no NBA team would consider him for their waterboy position."

"Bacot is literally running from JOB APPLICATIONS"

A small, partial, and not nearly complete list of impact NBA players who are younger than Armando Bacot...

Zion Williamson
    RJ Barrett
    Kevin Porter Jr.
    Talen Horton-Tucker
    Anthony Edwards
    LaMelo Ball
    Tyrese Haliburton
    Tyrese Maxey
    Jaden McDaniels

And pretty much all the good players in the past 3 drafts.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

How long has Armando been in Chapel Hill?

He's been there so long that...he's run out of crip courses designed for athletes.

Yuk, yuk.

Quote Originally Posted by roywhite View Post
    He's been there so long that...he's run out of crip courses designed for athletes.

Yuk, yuk.
    Um, I hear they NEVER run out of those over there...