Page 2 of 56 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
    Not surprised. This team doesn’t need more games. It needs a dark retreat.

Quote Originally Posted by dukelifer View Post
    Not surprised. This team doesn’t need more games. It needs a dark retreat.
    As fun as it is to poke fun, I would not want to play any more games either if I were them*.

*The good news is that this is still poking fun

Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post
    Do you think it is poor sportsmanship to turn down an invitation to a post-season tournament? I imagine that Clemson will accept a bid.
    Yes I do too. Also, what about Wake and Syracuse? Does this week’s retirement mean Boeheim wouldn’t coach them one more time?

Quote Originally Posted by 75Crazie View Post
    The last time uNC was officially eliminated from the NCAA tournament, a nationwide pandemic caused the elimination of the tournament itself and gave those cheating Cheaters another two years of misguided boasting about their tournament streak.

What in this world do the deities have in mind for us this week?
    More impact from the SVB collapse? All the online payment platforms go down so nobody can see that UNC isn't there?

Do you think it is poor sportsmanship to turn down an invitation to a post-season tournament? I imagine that Clemson will accept a bid.
    I thinking that if teams really like playing with one another, even if it is a bit disappointing not to be in the big dance, to play a few more games and have the change to (yes, indeed) hang another banner is reason enough for most teams to accept the invitation. I don't know about the "etiquette" aspect of it but maybe this particular team doesn't want to play any more games with one another. . . .

i don't understand why they would do this...the last few games

....they
    ............looked

.....................good.. .
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

UNC made the right decision. Time for this group to move on. Serious post.

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    UNC made the right decision. Time for this group to move on. Serious post.
    Agreed. They’re embarrassed and this would have just added to it. Love deleted his Twitter this weekend amid abuse from fans including their own. Bacot is injured. They need to move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Matches View Post
    Agreed. They’re embarrassed and this would have just added to it. Love deleted his Twitter this weekend amid abuse from fans including their own. Bacot is injured. They need to move on.
    I think it is really sad when a player has to delete his twitter, or insert whatever, because of the abuse he is getting from his own fans. They have certainly made him their scapegoat this year.

Quote Originally Posted by SavDukeGrad View Post
    I think it is really sad when a player has to delete his twitter, or insert whatever, because of the abuse he is getting from his own fans. They have certainly made him their scapegoat this year.
    Agree with this. We're all fans, but at the end of the day these are kids. Surely lots of hounding came from peers, but knowing that lots of hounding came from folks my age makes me sad.

-c

It is sad. Love should take his talents elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by cruxer View Post
    Agree with this. We're all fans, but at the end of the day these are kids. Surely lots of hounding came from peers, but knowing that lots of hounding came from folks my age makes me sad.

-c
    With the (admittedly massive) exception of the cheating scandal, my primary problem with carolina has always been the fans, not the players. The treatment of Caleb Love is case in point. But, hey, carolina fans, please tell us more about the “Carolina Way.”

Yes I do too. Also, what about Wake and Syracuse? Does this week’s retirement mean Boeheim wouldn’t coach them one more time?
    Well, to be fair, I think we technically turned down the NIT in 2021 although we had COVID Issues to deal with so perhaps that was a large factor (as we had to pull out of the ACC tournament due to it). A lot of teams seemingly turned it down that year so it might have been an anomalous year, but it's also a fact that Duke did turn down the NIT the last time the invite may have come two years ago.

Really makes me think they'll have a complete overhaul of the roster next year.

Really bad look for UNC, and especially Hubert. I get that Bacot and Love are probably done but even if you only have 6-7 guys bought in you go play the games. Either Hubert himself is a man child or he’s lost the entire locker room. You don’t just quit on a season, no matter how butthurt you are over missing the tourney. I don’t see how he recovers from this, especially considering they have basically no one coming in next year unless they hit the portal really hard. I could be wrong and their whole team comes back. Doesn’t that make this even worse though?

Yes...

Quote Originally Posted by pamtar View Post
    Really bad look for UNC, and especially Hubert. I get that Bacot and Love are probably done but even if you only have 6-7 guys bought in you go play the games. Either Hubert himself is a man child or he’s lost the entire locker room. You don’t just quit on a season, no matter how butthurt you are over missing the tourney. I don’t see how he recovers from this, especially considering they have basically no one coming in next year unless they hit the portal really hard. I could be wrong and their whole team comes back. Doesn’t that make this even worse though?
    Isn't that what sports is all about? Sad...

Am I right - looks like Clemson and Va Tech from the ACC. I’m surprised Wake isn’t in NIT, though I don’t really know the criteria. But I know Wake and Syracuse were higher in the ACC standings than Va Tech.

Quote Originally Posted by pamtar View Post
    Yea I don’t think they want the whole team back and I think their chances of hitting the portal hard are better than bringing everyone back.

so the ones that COULD come back are Love.. Bacot and RJ Davis, is that right? of the starters. IE, Black and Nance are gone for sure?

Is there a rule that you're not allowed to pursue players from the portal while your season is still ongoing? That would be the only justifiable reason for turning down a bid, they want to get a jump start on offering (i.e. buying) from the pool of players who aren't in any tourneys. Otherwise accept the bid, figure out who is staying and who is leaving and play the guys who want to be there next season. If that means playing all the freshmen then so be it, it would be great experience for them.