View Poll Results: Who will win the West

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • Kansas

    11 31.43%
  • UCLA

    8 22.86%
  • Gonzaga

    10 28.57%
  • Connecticut

    6 17.14%
  • St. Maryís

    0 0%
  • TCU

    0 0%
  • Northwestern

    0 0%
  • Arkansas

    0 0%
  • Illinois

    0 0%
  • Boise State

    0 0%
  • Arizona State

    0 0%
  • Nevada

    0 0%
  • VCU

    0 0%
  • Iona

    0 0%
  • Other

    0 0%
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 154
  1. #21
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Chesapeake, VA.
    Quote Originally Posted by TexHawk View Post
    I mean - I know what you're going for here, but in this region alone:

    - Bill Self Tournament Record: 55-21. 24 appearances, 2.3 wins per tournament. 4 F4s, 2 titles.
    - Mark Few Tournament Record: 38-22. 23 appearances, 1.7 wins per tournament. 2 F4s, 0 titles.

    Few isn't a slouch by any means, he's made 7 straight S16s (minus Covid). But Self has 17 more tournament wins in just one more appearance (and not all as a high-seeded blue-blood).

    Other current notables (wins per tournament)
    - Shaka Smart: 0.7
    - Rick Barnes: 0.9
    - Mick Cronin: 0.9
    - Matt Painter: 1.1
    - Kelvin Sampson: 1.2
    - Bob Huggins: 1.3
    - Scott Drew: 1.6
    - Mark Few: 1.7
    - Tom Izzo: 2.1
    - Rick Pitino: 2.3
    - Bill Self: 2.3
    - John Calipari: 2.6

    Notable recent retirees:
    - Jim Boeheim: 1.8
    - Roy Williams: 2.6
    - Coach K: 2.8. Not to go too crazy with K love on a Duke board, but the dude almost *averaged* an E8 appearance every year. That's insanity.
    Let's not forget Jon Scheyer, currently averaging 1.0 wins per year.

  2. #22
    Iona up 11-8. This one is over. Kidding. But you can't jinx because jinxes aren't real. Go Gaels!

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Mechanicsburg, PA
    Iím impressed with Iona. UConn is big and athletic but Iona answers every time.

  4. #24
    Gaels could be playing Gaels in the second round. No way thatís ever happened.

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Mechanicsburg, PA
    Ruh-Roh Iona

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post
    Let's not forget Jon Scheyer, currently averaging 1.0 wins per year.
    Currently averaging 1.0 wins per game.

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Chesapeake, VA.
    Grand Canyon giving Gonzaga a fight right now.

    Also, can I just say how much I dislike Drew Timme?

  8. #28
    How does Perdue have ONE MORE offensive rebound than FDU? Astonishing.

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post
    Grand Canyon giving Gonzaga a fight right now.

    Also, can I just say how much I dislike Drew Timme?
    Join the club.

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Honolulu
    Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    Iona up 11-8. This one is over. Kidding. But you can't jinx because jinxes aren't real. Go Gaels!
    Iona only has a 15-second run in them. Just not sustainable.

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by JetpackJesus View Post
    Iona only has a 15-second run in them. Just not sustainable.
    Is that a Karen Sypher reference?

  12. #32
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Honolulu
    Quote Originally Posted by missfinch View Post
    Is that a Karen Sypher reference?
    I suppose indirectly.

  13. #33
    No Self again today.

    From my fringe-fringe-insiders, "he just doesn't feel right, doesn't want to be a distraction." There's a much-larger-than-expected contingent within the program that has been pushing him to just call it a season and come back in the fall after a full recovery. His place in the game is secure, he's the best coach in the game as is, etc. But at the same time, he really wants to be out there, because today could be his last chance to coach Wilson/McCullar/Dick.

  14. #34
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Mechanicsburg, PA
    Quote Originally Posted by TexHawk View Post
    No Self again today.

    From my fringe-fringe-insiders, "he just doesn't feel right, doesn't want to be a distraction." There's a much-larger-than-expected contingent within the program that has been pushing him to just call it a season and come back in the fall after a full recovery. His place in the game is secure, he's the best coach in the game as is, etc. But at the same time, he really wants to be out there, because today could be his last chance to coach Wilson/McCullar/Dick.
    Feel terrible for him but he has to shut it down and get healthy. I know my pulse is elevated 10-20 points watching Duke play as soon as the game starts- it is just too much of a risk.

  15. #35
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    North of Durham
    Quote Originally Posted by TexHawk View Post
    No Self again today.

    From my fringe-fringe-insiders, "he just doesn't feel right, doesn't want to be a distraction." There's a much-larger-than-expected contingent within the program that has been pushing him to just call it a season and come back in the fall after a full recovery. His place in the game is secure, he's the best coach in the game as is, etc. But at the same time, he really wants to be out there, because today could be his last chance to coach Wilson/McCullar/Dick.
    Did he travel with the team?

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    Did he travel with the team?
    Yes - he's been running the practices, but not at the arena for the games. He (supposedly) even Zoom-ed in at halftime against Howard to deliver notes.

  17. #37
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    If youíre looking for more awful officiating, check out this Arkansas KU game

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by jipops View Post
    If youíre looking for more awful officiating, check out this Arkansas KU game
    Kansas- out. I thought they had this game wrapped up

  19. #39
    And out goes Kansas. With all respect to assistant coaches, it's tough not having the head coach on the sidelines, especially in tight games.

  20. #40
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Put your shirt on Mussleman. For goodness sake!

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 322
    Last Post: Yesterday, 03:37 PM
  2. Replies: 269
    Last Post: 03-27-2023, 07:30 AM
  3. Replies: 607
    Last Post: 03-26-2023, 01:22 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •