View Poll Results: Who will win the East?

Voters
90. You may not vote on this poll
  • Purdue

5 5.56%
  • Marquette

7 7.78%
  • Kansas State

0 0%
  • Tennessee

1 1.11%
  • Duke

77 85.56%
  • Kentucky

0 0%
  • Michigan State

0 0%
  • Memphis

0 0%
  • Florida Atlantic

0 0%
  • USC

0 0%
  • Providence

0 0%
  • Oral Roberts

0 0%
  • Louisiana

0 0%
  • Montana State

0 0%
  • Other

0 0%
Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by NYBlueDevil View Post
    I did not watch the whole game, but from what I saw the difference between how TN played defense against FAU versus Duke is that there was much less bumping and grabbing out on the perimeter (and bringing the ball up the court, for that matter) in the FAU game. Whether that was an adjustment to how the refs were calling the game or a specific game plan because the FAU guards were quicker and/or stronger than the Duke guards I do not know. The rebounding under the boards seemed to me to have about the same level of heavy physicality in both games.
    I had absolutely no doubt the next game they played would be officiated differently. I knew Tennessee wouldn't try that twice as well to much had been said on social media to let it go again.
    It was just a recipe for disaster for us
    . Turnovers they were allowed to maul us plus hot from 3 .
    Still for most of the game we were in it.
    Yes I think because it was duke they let
    Rugby ball slide.
    I have always disliked Barnes style of play .I think it's junk basketball.
    Glad they lost I hope he never wins another ncaa tourney game his entire career.

Quote Originally Posted by wavedukefan70s View Post
    Yes I think because it was duke they let Rugby ball slide.
    Hmm. Not sure what you mean by “because it was Duke”. Is Duke in some kind of doghouse category for refs to treat them unfairly?

If so, maybe they haven’t gotten the memo that Darth Vader is gone. The “evil” Coach K is no longer coaching the Blue Devils. What would they have against us now that he is no more (on the sidelines, at least)?

Quote Originally Posted by wavedukefan70s View Post
    I had absolutely no doubt the next game they played would be officiated differently. I knew Tennessee wouldn't try that twice as well to much had been said on social media to let it go again.
    Plavsic must not have gotten the memo.

Fun game and I’m really impressed with FAU. Turnovers are the only thing that has been an issue but otherwise FAU has clearly looked better.

Did the announcer just say that K State doesn’t have a single player who started their career at K State? I understand these kids have to have certain rights, but do people really think that’s good for college basketball?

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Did the announcer just say that K State doesn’t have a single player who started their career at K State? I understand these kids have to have certain rights, but do people really think that’s good for college basketball?
    I didn’t catch the comment, but it appears to be true. And not only that, among the 11 guys who have played for K State this year, only Markquis Nowell and Ismael Massoud played for K State last year (and they don’t have anybody who played for them 2 years ago).

So their entire roster has a combined 2 seasons of experience with K State. I guess there is more than one way you can build a “one-and-done” team.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Yes, the announcer did say that. I believe it is horrible for college basketball.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by House P View Post
    I didn’t catch the comment, but it appears to be true. And not only that, among the 11 guys who have played for K State this year, only Markquis Nowell and Ismael Massoud played for K State last year (and they don’t have anybody who played for them 2 years ago).

So their entire roster has a combined 2 seasons of experience with K State. I guess there is more than one way you can build a “one-and-done” team.
    I wasn’t paying close enough attention, but did he say that the coach was also new and the two returning players had transferred in (one from wake?). Maybe the other players all left when the previous coach left, if I heard that correctly. They were describing it as something to admire. I guess it is pretty amazing that they built a team out of nothing, but I agree that it does seem like an example of what is wrong with the college game, not something to be proud of.

Quote Originally Posted by Tooold View Post
    I wasn’t paying close enough attention, but did he say that the coach was also new and the two returning players had transferred in (one from wake?). Maybe the other players all left when the previous coach left, if I heard that correctly. They were describing it as something to admire. I guess it is pretty amazing that they built a team out of nothing, but I agree that it does seem like an example of what is wrong with the college game, not something to be proud of.
    Yes this was my thinking. Amazingly this is Tang’s first year so I’m sure some of the attrition was due to that change.

An exciting, fast paced game. FAU up 42-38 at the half. Will one of the teams run out of gas in 2nd half?
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    Yes, the announcer did say that. I believe it is horrible for college basketball.
    I don't know about that, but Nowell is absolutely brilliant for college basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    I don't know about that, but Nowell is absolutely brilliant for college basketball.
    I’m not referring to one individual transferring, I am talking about the big picture. Unlimited transfers equates to free agency with zero rules. It is bad for college basketball.
    Bob Green

I can’t stand the new transfer rule. They need to change it back to something resembling the previous rules.

I’m not referring to one individual transferring, I am talking about the big picture. Unlimited transfers equates to free agency with zero rules. It is bad for college basketball.
    I guess I am surprised that there is such a sense of surprise about this. It seems like a more-or-less natural progression to me, given that "college" went out of college basketball some time back. Even, to some degree, at Duke, and even in football ... otherwise, how to explain the volume of posts discussing desired transfers in the football portal transfer thread?

FAU getting ragged and the game is in a danger spot for the Owls.

Quote Originally Posted by AGDukesky View Post
    FAU getting ragged and the game is in a danger spot for the Owls.
    For sure. This is effectively a home game for KSU.

Officials definitely favoring KSU big-time here in the second half. Three of FAU’s six fouls have been offensive. And I think all three were questionable. That may be the difference in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDukie View Post
    For sure. This is effectively a home game for KSU.
    I’m in the building. There are a lot of FAU fans here. Def not like a home game for KSU.

The pace of this game is fantastic and both teams making runs. Who will make the final run?

Quote Originally Posted by freshmanjs View Post
    I’m in the building. There are a lot of FAU fans here. Def not like a home game for KSU.
    Sounds pretty raucous for KSU watching on TV.