View Poll Results: Who will win the East?

Voters
90. You may not vote on this poll
  • Purdue

5 5.56%
  • Marquette

7 7.78%
  • Kansas State

0 0%
  • Tennessee

1 1.11%
  • Duke

77 85.56%
  • Kentucky

0 0%
  • Michigan State

0 0%
  • Memphis

0 0%
  • Florida Atlantic

0 0%
  • USC

0 0%
  • Providence

0 0%
  • Oral Roberts

0 0%
  • Louisiana

0 0%
  • Montana State

0 0%
  • Other

0 0%
Page 1 of 31 12311 ... LastLast

2023 NCAAM East Regional Thread (ǝnpɹnԀ, ǝʇʇǝnbɹɐW, ʇS sɐsuɐʞ, ǝǝssǝuuǝ┴)

Discussion and predictions here!
    Just be you. You is enough. - K, 4/5/10, 0:13.8 to play, 60-59 Duke.

You're all jealous hypocrites. - Titus on Laettner

You see those guys? Animals. They're animals. - SIU Coach Chris Lowery, on Duke

2023 NCAAM East Regional Thread (Purdue, Marquette, Kansas State, Tennessee)

I know it would have been nice to see a 4 next to our name, but I’m honestly pretty happy with our draw. Tennessee’s point guard is out and Eright called them out as a first round upset candidate. Purdue is the #1 I would most want to face and also the most likely to get upset before we would even reach them. Yes Oral Roberts will be tough but we can take care of business against them. And if we are able to advance out of this weekend then we stay on the east coast.

Quote Originally Posted by pfrduke View Post
    Discussion and predictions here!
    Really curious about if we can keep it going. Tennessee a tough 2nd round if we get through ORU (undefeated in conference!).

-c

scottdude8 is online now Moderator, Contributor, Zoubek disciple, and resident Wolverine
    Quote Originally Posted by UrinalCake View Post
    I know it would have been nice to see a 4 next to our name, but I’m honestly pretty happy with our draw. Tennessee’s point guard is out and Eright called them out as a first round upset candidate. Purdue is the #1 I would most want to face and also the most likely to get upset before we would even reach them. Yes Oral Roberts will be tough but we can take care of business against them. And if we are able to advance out of this weekend then we stay on the east coast.
    Yeah, everything besides our first round matchup is great… if we can get past Oral Robert’s we’ve got a lane. But man is that a tough first round matchup… Max Abmas plus a 7 foot 5 dude.

If Tyrese can continue his lockdown D, maybe we win this game easy. But I’m nervous, I have to say.
    Scott Rich on the front page

Trinity BS 2012; University of Michigan PhD 2018
    Duke Chronicle, Sports Online Editor: 2010-2012
    K-Ville Blue Tenting 2009-2012

Unofficial Brian Zoubek Biographer
    If you have questions about Michigan Basketball/Football, I'm your man!

Duke will win the East. But I’m disappointed that we won’t be in Greensboro this coming Friday/Sunday.
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Duke -7 against Oral

Duke over Marquette in regional final

I'm really unfamiliar with our 1st game.Thoughts on them?

Max Abmas is really tough and Oral Roberts has a gaudy record. I always worry about facing a low seed with an NCAA tournament tested point guard. Get ready to blanket him, Tyrese!

This will be one of the few years when I will considering Duke for a deep run. I rarely pick Duke beyond the 2nd or 3rd game, but this is the softest bracket Duke has had in maybe 15 years on the 1-4 lines.

As I said above, this is a good draw for us - We'll handle Oral Roberts - beat nobody - our spread has already moved from -5.5 to -7. Then we'll handle Tennessee if they even win their first round game. Purdue is the best #1 for us to see. Second weekend is in NYC where we'll pack the Garden. We have a real path to FF.

Tennessee is #4 overall in T-Rank. Are they really three seeds worse without their PG? They also force a ton of turnovers. I don't like this draw if Duke manages to win the first game.

Quote Originally Posted by duke2x View Post
    This will be one of the few years when I will considering Duke for a deep run. I rarely pick Duke beyond the 2nd or 3rd game, but this is the softest bracket Duke has had in maybe 15 years on the 1-4 lines.
    This!

I don’t see us beating Purdue. They’ve proven themselves all year and won the very difficult BIG tourney.

All we did was win the very weak ACC tourney, a tournament the committee didn’t watch or even google the game scores.

Quote Originally Posted by duke2x View Post

Aside from the comment in bold...yeah, agree...in the past, Duke would get a seed higher than they should have...but get hammered with a ridiculous path.
    This year, maybe the opposite. And no pressure. I kinda like this.

Quote Originally Posted by ns7 View Post
    Tennessee is #4 overall in T-Rank. Are they really three seeds worse without their PG? They also force a ton of turnovers. I don't like this draw if Duke manages to win the first game.
    Tennessee is 4-6 in their last 10 games. We will be favored.

I always like the tournament because it doesn't matter how much you win by, 1 or 20, no one cares. The way it should be

Quote Originally Posted by arnie View Post
    I don’t see us beating Purdue. They’ve proven themselves all year and won the very difficult BIG tourney.

All we did was win the very weak ACC tourney, a tournament the committee didn’t watch or even google the game scores.
    The ACC won the Challenge 8-6. Purdue played a 8/9 that didn't make the field, 13, and 10 to win the title. There's a lot of mediocre parity below Purdue in the Big 10 this year. It's not unlike the ACC outside of Duke, UVA, and Miami.
    Last edited by duke2x; 03-12-2023 at 07:31 PM.

We have no answer for Edey if Derek gets in foul trouble.

But the first things first. Smother Abmas the way we smothered Smith and we win the first round. Tennessee without their point guard is doable. After that, who knows?

The more I am reading about Oral Roberts, the scarier they seem. They have a net ranking of 36, which is very high for a 12 seed. They are kenpom #56, slotting in just behind NC State. All of their 4 losses were quad 1 losses — Houston, St. Mary’s, Utah State, New Mexico. The Houston loss was their only loss by more than 10.
    "I don't like them when they are eating my azaleas or rhododendrons or pansies." - Coach K