View Poll Results: Who will win the East?

Voters
90. You may not vote on this poll
  • Purdue

    5 5.56%
  • Marquette

    7 7.78%
  • Kansas State

    0 0%
  • Tennessee

    1 1.11%
  • Duke

    77 85.56%
  • Kentucky

    0 0%
  • Michigan State

    0 0%
  • Memphis

    0 0%
  • Florida Atlantic

    0 0%
  • USC

    0 0%
  • Providence

    0 0%
  • Oral Roberts

    0 0%
  • Louisiana

    0 0%
  • Montana State

    0 0%
  • Other

    0 0%
Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 608
  1. #21
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by arnie View Post
    I donít see us beating Purdue. Theyíve proven themselves all year and won the very difficult BIG tourney.

    All we did was win the very weak ACC tourney, a tournament the committee didnít watch or even google the game scores.
    As a lower seed, weíve got a tough #1 no matter where we go.

    Purdue is a very good team. I am not sure they are better than the other #1 seeds though.

    We gotta beat someone, it might as well be them. letís get it on!
    Duke 28. Clemson 7.

  2. #22
    I love our chances in a rematch with Purdue- the Derek Lively II Purdue saw in December has grown into a man !

  3. #23
    Should we get to play Purdue, I like our chances.

    Scheyer did not know what his team was last fall. He does now. He is also comfortable in his role as head coach.

    I am sure Purdue is better today than when we played them last year, but I would be hard pressed to believe they have progressed more than we have since then.

    And he would have more than a few days to prepare for the adjustments necessary to deal with the big guy.

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Lewisville, NC
    Dickie V, Laphonso, and Seth all pick Duke to win the region. And Jay too.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by roywhite View Post
    Dickie V, Laphonso, and Seth all pick Duke to win the region. And Jay too.
    And Reece, too. Kinda worries me that everyone on ESPN picked us to go to FF.

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Undisclosed
    Bilas is the only one of the four to have us beating the Tide to advance to the championship.
    Duke 28. Clemson 7.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Bilas is the only one of the four to have us beating the Tide to advance to the championship.
    Yeah, but he has losing to UCONN - almost as distasteful as last year, if such a blasphemy occurred. I didn't look at a sports page for three weeks in '99.

  8. #28
    I was afraid that they beat San Diego State by 37, but then I clicked and found it was South Dakota State! As Gildna Radner would say, Nevermind.

  9. #29
    I like our draw this year. ORU scares me worse than Tennessee, but Jon has all week to prepare them. Also think Purdue is the weakest 1 seed. I like our chances. We are the hunters this year, not the hunted. I think this Duke team will be loose and ready. Canít wait!

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Music man55 View Post
    I like our draw this year. ORU scares me worse than Tennessee, but Jon has all week to prepare them. Also think Purdue is the weakest 1 seed. I like our chances. We are the hunters this year, not the hunted. I think this Duke team will be loose and ready. Canít wait!
    This is the best line I have seen, absolutely agree. Letís go get it!
    Duke 28. Clemson 7.

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by gam7 View Post
    The more I am reading about Oral Roberts, the scarier they seem. They have a net ranking of 36, which is very high for a 12 seed. They are kenpom #56, slotting in just behind NC State. All of their 4 losses were quad 1 losses ó Houston, St. Maryís, Utah State, New Mexico. The Houston loss was their only loss by more than 10.
    Tough opening matchup for Duke. Smart - well coached team with a pro guard and huge big that doesnít lose. Duke will need to play smart in this one.

  12. #32
    Bilas has hit a new low picking Uconn over DUKE in the National Championship!Come on Jay.

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Hartford Dukie View Post
    Yeah, but he has losing to UCONN - almost as distasteful as last year, if such a blasphemy occurred. I didn't look at a sports page for three weeks in '99.
    I'm with u.I was crushed losing to the conn in 99.

  14. #34
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Philadelphia

    I can't even type the name

    Quote Originally Posted by Hartford Dukie View Post
    Yeah, but he has losing to UCONN - almost as distasteful as last year, if such a blasphemy occurred. I didn't look at a sports page for three weeks in '99.
    Khalid El-Am*n. . .I still can't believe we lost that one. Battier, Brand, Langdon--just painful to contemplate, even 24 yrs. later.

  15. #35
    The last time Duke won a tournament game, as the lower seed, was 1994... over Purdue. And I genuinely believe the road jersey "losing streak" ends in the Big Apple.

    If I am Purdue, I am kicking and screaming, because this bracket sets up a sequel to Michigan St. having to play UConn in New York (2014-ish), where the Boilers must now do the same. Yes, Cameron may be the biggest home advantage for Duke, but the New York area is not far behind.

    Duke also beat Marquette, in 1994, so repeating history is always nice.

    However, uh... Marquette scares the heck out of me. But, an Elite 8 season would not be so bad.

  16. #36
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Washington, DC area
    Quote Originally Posted by mattyoung18 View Post
    Bilas has hit a new low picking Uconn over DUKE in the National Championship!Come on Jay.
    I know, right? Going with uCon just because they have a top 4 kenpom and pretty much every other metric doesn't mean they should be favored!

    -jk

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluegrassdevil1 View Post
    The last time Duke won a tournament game, as the lower seed, was 1994... over Purdue. And I genuinely believe the road jersey "losing streak" ends in the Big Apple.

    If I am Purdue, I am kicking and screaming, because this bracket sets up a sequel to Michigan St. having to play UConn in New York (2014-ish), where the Boilers must now do the same. Yes, Cameron may be the biggest home advantage for Duke, but the New York area is not far behind.

    Duke also beat Marquette, in 1994, so repeating history is always nice.

    However, uh... Marquette scares the heck out of me. But, an Elite 8 season would not be so bad.
    I was at that game!!! I went with my dad, i was a Sr. in HS and Knoxville wasn't far. That pass from Capel was just marvelous!

  18. #38
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Philadelphia

    Yeah--I'm plenty critical of Jay

    Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    I know, right? Going with uCon just because they have a top 4 kenpom and pretty much every other metric doesn't mean they should be favored!

    -jk
    but not for this. The question will be how he conducts himself if we end up playing UConn or anyone else. Will he overcorrect for any concern about Duke bias and fall into shtickery, or will he draw on his considerable gifts as an analyst and call the game evenly?

  19. #39
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    raleigh
    i'm picking duke...i picked them back in '24 and 25 and those turned out ok...
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

  20. #40
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Earth
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluegrassdevil1 View Post
    The last time Duke won a tournament game, as the lower seed, was 1994... over Purdue. And I genuinely believe the road jersey "losing streak" ends in the Big Apple.

    If I am Purdue, I am kicking and screaming, because this bracket sets up a sequel to Michigan St. having to play UConn in New York (2014-ish), where the Boilers must now do the same. Yes, Cameron may be the biggest home advantage for Duke, but the New York area is not far behind.

    Duke also beat Marquette, in 1994, so repeating history is always nice.

    However, uh... Marquette scares the heck out of me. But, an Elite 8 season would not be so bad.
    Don't assume Purdue gets out of Columbus. The Memphis-FAU 2nd round is tougher than it looks.

    I don't have the time to look it up, but I would love to know our record in MSG v. Meadowlands v. Barclays outside the ACC. I'm totally guessing we win 85% of our P5 games in the Big Apple. I could do a BWI train trip to Philly in the AM to go to the noon lax game then to MSG for the nightcap in the E8 if we get there. It has the potential of being a great day.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 322
    Last Post: 03-30-2023, 03:37 PM
  2. Replies: 269
    Last Post: 03-27-2023, 07:30 AM
  3. Replies: 153
    Last Post: 03-26-2023, 06:52 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •