0 0%
  • Drake

0 0%
  • Kent State

0 0%
  • Other

0 0%
Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

2023 NCAAM Midwest Regional Thread (uoʇsnoH, sɐxǝ┴, ɹǝᴉʌɐX, ɐuɐᴉpuI)

Discussion and predictions here!
    Just be you. You is enough. - K, 4/5/10, 0:13.8 to play, 60-59 Duke.

You're all jealous hypocrites. - Titus on Laettner

You see those guys? Animals. They're animals. - SIU Coach Chris Lowery, on Duke

I believe Miami's chances are centered around Omier's health. If he can play and play well, they can make a run. If not, their chances become limited due to the lack of rebounding and rim protection. I like to think Duke would have beaten the U even if Omier had played, but any reasonable person would have to admit that Duke benefited greatly from his being out.

Also, how healthy is Sasser? Another big question.

9F
    I will never talk about That Game. GTHC.

Texas versus an underseeded Texas A&M in the second round feels too good to be random.

I went with A&M

Wow, a lot of Texas love...not much confidence in Houston apparently on this board. Most metrics have Houston as the top team in the country, but I guess people are influenced by TX impressive showing in the B12 tournament and their results as of late, as well as Houston's loss to Memphis. I think I'm choosing Houston in my pool myself...But still undecided. We shall see.

Can I just place a bet on a team from the state of Texas winning the region?

Miami-Indiana would be a GREAT second round matchup. As for this region as a whole, I think Houston (assuming Sasser is healthy) is the toughest team to beat in the country. Tough, old, experienced, tournament-tested, physical, well-coached, with a stud freshman to boot. Someone is gonna have to play awfully well to prevent them from getting to the Final Four.

My struggle with this region is Indiana. Which team shows up? Kent State has talent. So does IU, but it tends to disappear often. Still noodling on this one, classic overthinking perhaps.

I'd also like an update on Sasser, but probably not going to get one in time. That guy's the real deal.

And of course, Omier's status clouds Miami.

9F
    I will never talk about That Game. GTHC.

Houston looks terrible but this is what it does for stretches

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Northern Kentucky is exposing Houston.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Northern Kentucky is exposing Houston.
    And Northern Kentucky is a scorching 2/12 (16%) from 3... That's usually the equalizer. Only down 3.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluedog View Post
    And Northern Kentucky is a scorching 2/12 (16%) from 3... That's usually the equalizer. Only down 3.
    I have Houston winning this one, but not the next. I'm not a fan of betting on high seed teams from non Power Five conferences. Gonzaga used to be in that bunch too, but they've had time and experience on their side for a few years now to legitimize them. Houston, not so much.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    I have Houston winning this one, but not the next. I'm not a fan of betting on high seed teams from non Power Five conferences. Gonzaga used to be in that bunch too, but they've had time and experience on their side for a few years now to legitimize them. Houston, not so much.
    This could be the Zags year. I don't see any great teams this year. Well, except one...

Doesn’t look like Norse are planning to go away.

Do they always turn the ball over this much? I haven't seen them play before.

So. Uh, hey. This is potentially interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by BigZ View Post
    I went with A&M
    Oops

Best thing that happened for Virginia today was Arizona losing. But Houston is giving them a run for their money.

NK has decided that threes are the only way to go and missing them, while Houston is shooting them just because, and making them.

Finally double digits. That might be it. Still, an exciting fight so far.