• Drake

0 0%
  • Kent State

0 0%
  • Other

0 0%
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by pamtar View Post
    Hell yeah! Go Canes! Would love to see Coach L get another FF, maybe even a championship. He doesn’t have much coaching left and his team is very likable.
    Elephant in the room. Is Larranaga too nice?

Quote Originally Posted by TywinBlue View Post
    I've watched a LOT of the tournament and (unfortunately) UCONN looks like the best team left in the field...
    They look good. But on any given night…

I've watched a LOT of the tournament and (unfortunately) UCONN looks like the best team left in the field...
    Ugh. Please no.

Why is that unfortunate? The brother of one of our top 5 players has a good chance to win a title. I’m 100% ok with that. If it was Calhoun, that’s a different story.

Quote Originally Posted by dukelifer View Post
    Elephant in the room. Is Larranaga too nice?
    Lol he shouldn’t have kissed Pack. Good thing they weren’t playing in Orlando…. /s

Hell yeah! Go Canes! Would love to see Coach L get another FF, maybe even a championship. He doesn’t have much coaching left and his team is very likable.
    Yep. And you gotta love a coach who keeps players in school til they hit there 30's or graduate, whichever comes last. Just kidding, sorta.

Why is that unfortunate? The brother of one of our top 5 players has a good chance to win a title. I’m 100% ok with that. If it was Calhoun, that’s a different story.
    1999 and 2004. The names, other than the one on the front of the jersey, are irrelevant (to me).

Xavier’s center is absolute trash, yet he seems to be the focal point of their offense. We would murder both of these teams.

Quote Originally Posted by JetpackJesus View Post
    1999 and 2004. The names, other than the one on the front of the jersey, are irrelevant (to me).
    YES... I have a total disdain for UConn... but I gotta admit, it's all because of Calhoun... but I just can't get that out of my system. I do pull for the Hurley's, but this is hard.

Quote Originally Posted by gep View Post
    YES... I have a total disdain for UConn... but I gotta admit, it's all because of Calhoun... but I just can't get that out of my system. I do pull for the Hurley's, but this is hard.
    Yeah, Calhoun was the absolute worst. I disliked him more than any other college basketball coach ever.

Xavier’s center is absolute trash, yet he seems to be the focal point of their offense. We would murder both of these teams.
    We would murder both of these teams? I don’t know about that. Texas is way more athletic than Duke. I’m glad Duke and Texas didn’t match up.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    We would murder both of these teams? I don’t know about that. Texas is way more athletic than Duke. I’m glad Duke and Texas didn’t match up.
    Also, we aren't Alabama.

Texas is really, really good and balanced. They don’t have a star. That may bite them at the end of a close game, although both Rice and Carr can do it. But it’s worked for them the last couple of months.

Xavier just doesn’t have the horses.

I agree. They’ve looked super. And they’re the remaining team that I most want NOT to win it. Calhoun was a schmuck and they stole two titles from us. If they win this I think that’ll be five, tying us. Not acceptable.

Congratulations to Miami!

Because I lived in CT for 30 years. Calhoun was a big problem.

I still remember when all state employees were being furloughed due to a budget problem. Calhoun, as the highest paid state employee, was asked by the press if he would take a pay cut. Before the reporter could get the entire question out, Calhoun said “not a dime…I want to retire some day!” I could not believe that UConn fans would continue to support him after that.

Besides that, the fans were just plain obnoxious.

Quote Originally Posted by Tooold View Post
    Because I lived in CT for 30 years. Calhoun was a big problem.

I still remember when all state employees were being furloughed due to a budget problem. Calhoun, as the highest paid state employee, was asked by the press if he would take a pay cut. Before the reporter could get the entire question out, Calhoun said “not a dime…I want to retire some day!” I could not believe that UConn fans would continue to support him after that.

Besides that, the fans were just plain obnoxious.
    Amen to all of this. I will N-E-V-E-R root for UConn. May they go down in flames!!!

I know this is the 1st time that none of the 4 #1 seeds made the E8, but is this also the first time that only 3 of the top 16 seeds have done so?
    The Midwest led the way by getting half of its top 4 seeds into the E8, but 2 Regions failed entirely to get any of their top 4 in.
    It seems like a shockingly low rate.

Although not normally a Miami fan, I’m certainly rooting for them today. Go ACC!

But they are one of the ACC teams that has frustrated me in recent years, even before NIL, because, like some others, they seem to have a knack for hanging onto their good players for years while ours bolt for the NBA asap.

So I took a look at their top 8 players who averaged double digit minutes this year, to see who might be back next year.

Jordan Miller - 5th year, has exhausted his eligibility.

Wong, Beverly, Walker - seniors (Miami refers to them as “4th year juniors” lol). Could come back for a 5th year.

Pack, Omier - juniors (or “3rd year sophomores”)

Poplar, Joseph - sophomores. (Sophomores will not get a 5th year)

I know some of our players have more NBA potential. But it’s hard for me to believe that there is not a home in the NBA for their big guards who can shoot (Miller is 6’7”, Wong is 6’4”)

They definitely lose Miller this year. And I guess Wong may try to parlay his excellent season and NCAA tournament exposure into a decent draft pick (though I won’t hold my breath that he leaves).

But I think they will be pretty stacked with returning players next year. And whoever they lose, I’m sure Ruiz will be there to help with a transfer or two, despite whatever financial difficulties his companies may be having.

Quote Originally Posted by SavDukeGrad View Post
    Although not normally a Miami fan, I’m certainly rooting for them today. Go ACC!

But they are one of the ACC teams that has frustrated me in recent years, even before NIL, because, like some others, they seem to have a knack for hanging onto their good players for years while ours bolt for the NBA asap.

So I took a look at their top 8 players who averaged double digit minutes this year, to see who might be back next year.

Jordan Miller - 5th year, has exhausted his eligibility.

Wong, Beverly, Walker - seniors (Miami refers to them as “4th year juniors” lol). Could come back for a 5th year.

Pack, Omier - juniors (or “3rd year sophomores”)

Poplar, Joseph - sophomores. (Sophomores will not get a 5th year)

I know some of our players have more NBA potential. But it’s hard for me to believe that there is not a home in the NBA for their big guards who can shoot (Miller is 6’7”, Wong is 6’4”)

They definitely lose Miller this year. And I guess Wong may try to parlay his excellent season and NCAA tournament exposure into a decent draft pick (though I won’t hold my breath that he leaves).

But I think they will be pretty stacked with returning players next year. And whoever they lose, I’m sure Ruiz will be there to help with a transfer or two, despite whatever financial difficulties his companies may be having.
    Wooga Poplar might end up the best NBA prospect on the Miami roster.