0 0%
  • Drake

0 0%
  • Kent State

0 0%
  • Other

0 0%
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by cbarry View Post
    Wait- Xavier won?!! I turned it off with them up 13 with a couple minutes to go…. I thought my bracket pick was safe…. Oh well. 0-2 in my picks today.
    I did that yesterday when UVA had it wrapped up with 20 seconds left. HA!

Can't even blink in these games, otherwise you'll miss the comeback.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Did Coach Sampson screw the pooch by playing Sasser yesterday and allowing him to re-aggravate his injury? USA Today thinks so:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...n/11490195002/

I tend to agree. Sure, the Norse gave Houston a good run, but Sampson had to have confidence they could beat a 16 seed without Sasser. Need him for much tougher games to come, and I doubt he's 100% the rest of the tournament.

Quote Originally Posted by tommy View Post
    Did Coach Sampson screw the pooch by playing Sasser yesterday and allowing him to re-aggravate his injury? USA Today thinks so:

I tend to agree. Sure, the Norse gave Houston a good run, but Sampson had to have confidence they could beat a 16 seed without Sasser. Need him for much tougher games to come, and I doubt he's 100% the rest of the tournament.
    Yes. Terrible decision. Hope it bites them.

Of course the Committee in its great wisdom put #9 seed Auburn in Birmingham so Houston gets to play a road game in the second round…

Uh… Pitt? What the heck? That escalated quickly.

Yeah, this seems to be the consensus. Although I could have done without hearing Kenny, Clark and Charles talk about their respective groins.

Quote Originally Posted by AGDukesky View Post
    Of course the Committee in its great wisdom put #9 seed Auburn in Birmingham so Houston gets to play a road game in the second round…
    I thought they added some rule against it after #2 Duke got #7 SC in SC? But maybe not. I'm cheering for Auburn. Don't want Houston in Houston.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedog View Post
    I thought they added some rule against it after #2 Duke got #7 SC in SC? But maybe not. I'm cheering for Auburn. Don't want Houston in Houston.
    Don’t tell DaughterPK (in Tuscaloosa) that I am silently in solidarity with this sentiment.

I get it but as a Houston grad I was hoping it would happen. Not optimistic.

I thought this was also part of the rationale for Duke not being in Greensboro (though TN likely would have brought plenty of fans given it isn't that far away and they have a much larger alumni base).

Also, correct me if I'm wrong but Alabama has the game after Auburn so there will be a ton of Alabama fans there rooting against Auburn.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    I thought this was also part of the rationale for Duke not being in Greensboro (though TN likely would have brought plenty of fans given it isn't that far away and they have a much larger alumni base).

Also, correct me if I'm wrong but Alabama has the game after Auburn so there will be a ton of Alabama fans there rooting against Auburn.
    That would be an interesting dynamic- fans of a #1 seed cheering for another #1 seed. I’ll believe it when I see it but I’m skeptical.

Quote Originally Posted by AGDukesky View Post
    That would be an interesting dynamic- fans of a #1 seed cheering for another #1 seed. I’ll believe it when I see it but I’m skeptical.
    Alabama fans will root against Auburn in anything, guaranteed. That hate is real.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Alabama fans will root against Auburn in anything, guaranteed. That hate is real.
    Nice, I'll take anything I can get!

Miami looks pretty bad but it is an ugly game on both sides. 9-8 Drake

Miami just out of sorts. Need to find some energy or this could get away…

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Miami finally waking up, but barely.
    Still lots of time left.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Maybe just me, but I hope Miami sticks it to Drake. I don’t like how they’ve been woofing

What is wrong with Miami? I’ve been soaking in the FDU over Purdue joy! Miami has such a potent offense, and it looks like Omier is playing. Why so few points?

5 points for Wong?

Miami is in serious danger of going home! Wong can’t throw it in the ocean. Just one of those weird games.

Miami shot selection is atrocious