View Poll Results: Who will win the South?

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • Alabama

23 62.16%
  • Arizona

8 21.62%
  • Baylor

0 0%
  • Virginia

4 10.81%
  • San Diego State

0 0%
  • Creighton

0 0%
  • Missouri

0 0%
  • Maryland

0 0%
  • West Virginia

0 0%
  • Utah State

0 0%
  • NC State

1 2.70%
  • Charleston

0 0%
  • Furman

1 2.70%
  • UCSB

0 0%
  • Other

0 0%
Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    UMBC’s Twitter trolling the Cavs…

Quote Originally Posted by Matches View Post
    UMBC’s Twitter trolling the Cavs…
    I mean, UMBC earned that right.

Quote Originally Posted by robed deity View Post
    This was my thought too about Clark thinking there was less time left. But if that's the case, he was wayyyy off. I mean, there were still 2.4 left AFTER they hit the shot. Just a total brain cramp.
    Laettner had 2.1 seconds to catch, dribble, spin move and shoot.

Quote Originally Posted by crdaul View Post
    Furman!!!!
    That was funny………whoever said gofur man..

Quote Originally Posted by arnie View Post
    Yea, that Championship is looking more and more like an anomaly. Except for that great run, UVA has been a poor tournament team under Bennett year in, year out.
    That may be a little harsh. Before the UMBC debacle, under Bennett they made the S16 and Elite 8, with only an initial first round loss. But certainly after their natty and the expectations that come with it, it's been pretty bad. Only 3 data points, but it only takes 2 points make a line.

That all being said, once a coach wins it all, teams get a lot of slack for failures. UVA runs a clean program, Bennett is a class guy. They will have to live with the Furman choke and see if they can move forward.

9F
    I will never talk about That Game. GTHC.

Good game. I like the Hoos and I also have a couple of FU grad friends. But I root for all non-cheater ACC schools. My brackets are already destroyed.

Really hate it for Clark, but that was a terrible decision and would have surpassed Fred Brown and Chris Webber for dumbest play of all time, but those were in title games and remain the top two.

Quote Originally Posted by arnie View Post
    Clark thought he was Grant Hill. Not!
    Even Grant blew it the first time he tried it against Wake.

Good Lord! I knew when that dude for Furman shot that, it was in! What a bad way for UVA to exit the dance!

I hope Clark has a strong support group. He has to be demoralized and in anguish. I feel for him.

UVA fans seem classy. I hope they are classy to Clark.

Quote Originally Posted by Luke102452 View Post
    Really hate it for Clark, but that was a terrible decision and would have surpassed Fred Brown and Chris Webber for dumbest play of all time, but those were in title games and remain the top two.
    Yeah...the pass he had after a missed FT (I think?) to win in the E8 that one year (I think?) was magical, and this was the ... opposite of that. Way too much time left. But he was falling out of bounds so had to make a decision. People would have also said it was a terrible decision if he through it directly to the guys on the baseline. He should have done his best to find a teammate, but it's risky throwing it under Furman's basket so he made a snap decision "safer to get it far away."

Quote Originally Posted by House P View Post
    Speaking of terrible ideas, who was the genius at CBS who decided to lead off with WVU-Maryland and follow it was a UVA game 30 minutes later? WVU games tend to run long (lots of fouls), while UVA games are usually quick (few fouls, milking the shot clock). As such, it was pretty likely that both games would end around the same time. Not a big deal if one was a comfortable win, but they both went down to the final shot.
    Actually, I think CBS loves this stuff. Multiple games going down to the wire at the same time. Watch multiple streams (and ads) in order to catch all the action! Cha-ching!

9F

In the end, not that huge a surprise. Virginia hasn't been playing well, and hasn't beaten a decent team (besides maybe Clemson) since NC State on February 7.

Is there a way to jump to the first unread post in a thread like this which includes a poll? Whenever I click "view first unread" in a thread with a poll, it takes me to the most recent post, even if there are a bunch a haven't viewed yet.

It can be quite frustrating this time of year as the best discussion tends to happen in the Regional Poll Threads.

Quote Originally Posted by mattyoung18 View Post
    Clark made an unbelievable play in 2019 now he just made a critical error to cost his team.I feel bad for him.
    That's exactly what I thought about. In both games he made an improbable throw to the frontcourt. As a freshman, it showed incredible composure and turned around a game where they had a 90+% chance of losing. As a 5th year senior, it showed incredible panic and turned around a game where they had a 90+% chance of winning.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...6FORM%3DHDRSC6

Quote Originally Posted by robed deity View Post
    In the end, not that huge a surprise. Virginia hasn't been playing well, and hasn't beaten a decent team (besides maybe Clemson) since NC State on February 7.
    Does Feb 11 not count?

Quote Originally Posted by cruxer View Post
    I'm a Furman alum so I have to root against the ACC in round 1. I'm All Din! My dad went to CofC undergrad/Duke grad so I love both of those teams (why I'm here!). I wish I could go to Orlando because I think there's a real possibility of an FU/CofC clash in round 2!
    CoC has ruined many teams .

Quote Originally Posted by Bay Area Duke Fan View Post
    Does Feb 11 not count?
    Since they actually lost that game, I get robed's use of the 2/7 date.

I'm just getting caught up... was UVA out of timeouts? Furman made a great play to trap Clark in the very back corner where he had nowhere to go, and to not foul right away. Just a horrendous decision by Clark to aimlessly heave the ball down the court like that. Not what you'd expect from such an experienced guard or from UVA in general.

After hanging with Mizzou, Utah State now down by 8 with under 1:39 left. Barring a choke job by the Tigers, looks like I will start out 0-3. ACC favoritism probably did me in for Maryland and Furman, but betting on the Mountain West is looking like a worse and worse idea every year.

9F