View Poll Results: Who will win the South?

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • Alabama

23 62.16%
  • Arizona

8 21.62%
  • Baylor

0 0%
  • Virginia

4 10.81%
  • San Diego State

0 0%
  • Creighton

0 0%
  • Missouri

0 0%
  • Maryland

0 0%
  • West Virginia

0 0%
  • Utah State

0 0%
  • NC State

1 2.70%
  • Charleston

0 0%
  • Furman

1 2.70%
  • UCSB

0 0%
  • Other

0 0%
Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    Creighton on track to score 110 after 9 mins.
    And yet they are still losing

Quote Originally Posted by howardlander View Post
    Evbuomvan is a really good player. He could play in any league.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDukie View Post
    At this point as long as UConn doesn’t win it I’m fine. Would prefer not to see the Zags win it this year, since I really don’t care for Timme, but other than that I’m good to go from this point forward.
    Root for Texas with me, SD!

Spoke MUCH too soon!

Spoke MUCH too soon!
    There's a thread to prevent this kind of thing from happening.

The very unlikable and morally challenged Nate Oats loses what he has to know is the best chance he’ll likely ever have to win a title. No tears here …

just looking at the thread title, i can say that this was a poorly seeded Region!

Quote Originally Posted by tommy View Post
    The very unlikable and morally challenged Nate Oats loses what he has to know is the best chance he’ll likely ever have to win a title. No tears here …
    And Miller 3-19 and 1-10 from three. No tears here.

I was just reminded that prior to the cancelled Covid NCAA Tournament, San Diego State was 26-0.

So maybe there is a bit of Karma happening this year...

From Matt Norlander -

“Brandon Miller’s NCAA Tournament: 8 of 41 from the field, 3 of 19 from 3 point range”

Does his draft stock drop as he’s been exposed as not being an efficient shooter under pressure?

Great article in USA Today on SDSU doing America a “solid” by eliminating the slimy Alabama team.
    Check out this article from USA TODAY:

San Diego State does the whole country a solid by ousting Nate Oats, Alabama

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...u/11540433002/

Quote Originally Posted by cbarry View Post
    Great article in USA Today on SDSU doing America a “solid” by eliminating the slimy Alabama team.

Thanks for linking!

no punches pulled there....good on them..
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

Sporks for sharing that great article!!

Very, very glad that Alabama got beat and Miller...let's say laid an egg. But saying "If Oats and Alabama athletic director Greg Byrne had even the slightest shred of conscience or integrity, they’d have shut the program down two months ago" is a bit much. Way much. An immediate 2- or 3-game suspension would have satisfied 99% of people and been appropriate. Actual legal consequences to be sorted out later.
    Bad officials are elected by good citizens who do not vote. - George Jean Nathan

Nice article. Pat Forde also continues to hold no punches in his latest column. I hope Scheyer never gets on his bad side. 😂

https://www.si.com/college/2023/03/2...short-sweet-16
    "Something in my vicinity is Carolina blue and this offends me." - HPR

Quote Originally Posted by dudog84 View Post
    Very, very glad that Alabama got beat and Miller...let's say laid an egg. But saying "If Oats and Alabama athletic director Greg Byrne had even the slightest shred of conscience or integrity, they’d have shut the program down two months ago" is a bit much. Way much. An immediate 2- or 3-game suspension would have satisfied 99% of people and been appropriate. Actual legal consequences to be sorted out later.
    You are not paddling this boat alone, I am there with you. The general tone of the article is appropriate, but in specific places she takes it too far. In particular, the statement you quoted is a hot take with all the negative connotation that term often carries. I would only add, if the "pat down" pantomimes were to start up after the initial suspension, an additional one-game suspension should be added for each such occurrence. But there was evidently no danger at all that either Oats or the Tide authorities would have implemented such measures.

Quote Originally Posted by dudog84 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 75Crazie View Post
    You are not paddling this boat alone, I am there with you. The general tone of the article is appropriate, but in specific places she takes it too far. In particular, the statement you quoted is a hot take with all the negative connotation that term often carries. I would only add, if the "pat down" pantomimes were to start up after the initial suspension, an additional one-game suspension should be added for each such occurrence. But there was evidently no danger at all that either Oats or the Tide authorities would have implemented such measures.
    I have some comments, but posted in the Alabama thread.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

I’m hoping we see a game today as entertaining as yesterday’s East final. I don’t really care who wins between SDSU and Creighton but I’m going to root for SDSU because I used to live in San Diego.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    I’m hoping we see a game today as entertaining as yesterday’s East final. I don’t really care who wins between SDSU and Creighton but I’m going to root for SDSU because I used to live in San Diego.
    Creighton's in Omaha, not exactly a Navy town.