View Poll Results: Who will win the South?

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • Alabama

23 62.16%
  • Arizona

8 21.62%
  • Baylor

0 0%
  • Virginia

4 10.81%
  • San Diego State

0 0%
  • Creighton

0 0%
  • Missouri

0 0%
  • Maryland

0 0%
  • West Virginia

0 0%
  • Utah State

0 0%
  • NC State

1 2.70%
  • Charleston

0 0%
  • Furman

1 2.70%
  • UCSB

0 0%
  • Other

0 0%
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Waaaahooooos bite the dust

Furman!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    I mean, it is arguably the stupidest play in tournament history, isn't it?
    that's a bit of a hot-take, but i can't come up with a worse example off the top of my head. What's even worse is that he didn't even get it that far down the court. If he had been trying to heave it all the way to waste time, he failed miserably at that, and threw it too weakly to even make it much beyond half-court. He had a time out, he coulda thrown it off the legs of one of the defenders, one of his teammates or coaches could have called the timeout, a whole number of things could have happened to prevent that.
    UVA sh*t the bed for the ACC, but at least Pitt won...
    (unfortunately, so did Maryland...)

So, yikes ACC.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    I mean, it is arguably the stupidest play in tournament history, isn't it?
    Oh, there have been stupider ones. Many involved Carolina in final games, who benefited. I don't care to elaborate.

9F
    I will never talk about That Game. GTHC.

Quote Originally Posted by crdaul View Post
    Furman!!!!
    Clark thought he was Grant Hill. Not!

Yeah more than I think about it prob worse than Webber b/c keeping track of timeouts is the coach's job not players.

Wherever the wind blows and the leaves dance.
    0-2 to start MM with my bracket, ouch. ACC not looking so great,also factoring in NIT.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInBrasil View Post
    that's a bit of a hot-take, but i can't come up with a worse example off the top of my head. What's even worse is that he didn't even get it that far down the court. If he had been trying to heave it all the way to waste time, he failed miserably at that, and threw it too weakly to even make it much beyond half-court. He had a time out, he coulda thrown it off the legs of one of the defenders, one of his teammates or coaches could have called the timeout, a whole number of things could have happened to prevent that.
    UVA sh*t the bed for the ACC, but at least Pitt won...
    (unfortunately, so did Maryland...)
    Not only was it stupid, it was horrendously executed. Clark let the whole team down.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by arnie View Post
    Clark thought he was Grant Hill. Not!
    He made it clear that he couldn't pass long on the previous play.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by kako View Post
    Kihel Clark's pass vs. Purdue in the Elite 8 will be remembered forever. Unfortunately, so will his bonehead mistake turning the ball over. He had a timeout, so that silly heave didn't make any sense. Hate to say it, but he choked.

9F
    As a UVA fan, those 2 plays will be as irrevocably linked as the UMBC loss and TT/title win. Just the highest of the high and the lowest of the low. Yikes.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    So since their NCAA Championship, UVA has now gone no post season, NIT, and now first round exit.
    Ewwww.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    So since their NCAA Championship, UVA has now gone no post season, NIT, and now first round exit.

So year to year improvement?

Just put your self in his shoes that was some major stress even for a veteran like Clark.Thats no where near the Worthy play or Webber.This was the 1st round .the others were ironically for the cheats to win a natty.Gross I can't think about that anymore.

Ewwww.
    And Tony Bennet is roundly considered the best coach in the league.

Interesting what one chip does for you. Remove that championship season and it looks even worse.

Remember how many different things broke UVAs way at the end of games in their championship year?

Ewwww.
    Maybe it illustrates the difficulty in maintaining the high level that K did.

Ewwww.
    don't forget the year before winning the title.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    And Tony Bennet is roundly considered the best coach in the league.

Interesting what one chip does for you. Remove that championship season and it looks even worse.

Remember how many different things broke UVAs way at the end of games in their championship year?
    Yea, that Championship is looking more and more like an anomaly. Except for that great run, UVA has been a poor tournament team under Bennett year in, year out.

Quote Originally Posted by burnspbesq View Post
    Wow. Clark is about the last person I would expect to make that kind of bone-headed play with the game on the line.
    I feel terrible for Kihei. I suspect he thought there was less time left in the game. Not a terrible play with fewer than 3 seconds left, but a terrible idea with more than 5 seconds left and a timeout in your pocket.

Speaking of terrible ideas, who was the genius at CBS who decided to lead off with WVU-Maryland and follow it was a UVA game 30 minutes later? WVU games tend to run long (lots of fouls), while UVA games are usually quick (few fouls, milking the shot clock). As such, it was pretty likely that both games would end around the same time. Not a big deal if one was a comfortable win, but they both went down to the final shot.

Another competitive game between Utah St and Missouri

Quote Originally Posted by House P View Post
    I feel terrible for Kihei. I suspect he thought there was less time left in the game. Not a terrible play with fewer than 3 seconds left, but a terrible idea with more than 5 seconds left and a timeout in your pocket.

Speaking of terrible ideas, who was the genius at CBS who decided to lead off with WVU-Maryland and follow it was a UVA game 30 minutes later? WVU games tend to run long (lots of fouls), while UVA games are usually quick (few fouls, milking the shot clock). As such, it was pretty likely that both games would end around the same time. Not a big deal if one was a comfortable win, but they both went down to the final shot.
    This was my thought too about Clark thinking there was less time left. But if that's the case, he was wayyyy off. I mean, there were still 2.4 left AFTER they hit the shot. Just a total brain cramp.