Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dudog84 View Post
    UConn misses their first Final Four since 2007, quite the streak ended by Ohio State. They had some injuries, but no tears. They still had more talent than anyone other than South Carolina.
    Sweet.
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

UConn misses their first Final Four since 2007, quite the streak ended by Ohio State. They had some injuries, but no tears. They still had more talent than anyone other than South Carolina.
    yep. hell of a run. they don't earn any tears, and the injuries the past two years caught up with them. fair play osu.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    After getting tested, VT is running away from Tennessee, up double digits with two minutes to play.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    After getting tested, VT is running away from Tennessee, up double digits with two minutes to play.
    Yep, think about that, 3rd ACC team in the Elite Eight. Our ladies came in 2nd in the toughest conference in the country. Hell of a season.
    Bad officials are elected by good citizens who do not vote. - George Jean Nathan

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Yep, think about that, 3rd ACC team in the Elite Eight. Our ladies came in 2nd in the toughest conference in the country. Hell of a season.
    I'd love to see the FF be ACC + South Carolina. Miami has a tough task to get there, but puhleeeeze send Ms. Mulkey home!
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Only three conferences are represented in the Women's Elite Eight: ACC (Virginia Tech, Louisville, Miami); Big Ten (Iowa, Maryland, Ohio State); SEC (South Carolina, LSU). Only two other conferences were in the Sweet 16, but the Pac-12 (Utah, UCLA, Colorado) and Big East (Connecticut, Villanova) were eliminated.

ENTERING ELITE 8

13-5 ACC: (1) Virginia Tech, (5) Louisville, (9) Miami
    13-5 SEC*: (1) South Carolina, (3) LSU
    11-4 Big Ten: (2) Iowa, (2) Maryland, (3) Ohio State

8-7 Pac-12
    5-5 Big East*
    3-6 Big XII

1-1 Atlantic Sun, Ivy, MAC, Summit, Northeast*, Ohio Valley*
    1-2 American
    0-1 America East, Atlantic 10, Big Sky, Big South, Big West, C-USA, Colonial, Horizon, MAAC, MEAC, Missouri Valley, Mountain West, Patriot, Southern, Southland, Sun Belt, SWAC, WAC
    0-2 West Coast

* Includes First Four wins by Mississippi State (SEC), St. John's (Big East), Tennessee Tech (Ohio Valley), and Sacred Heart (Northeast).

One ACC team is down in the Elite Eight. Not long after the Miami men beat Texas, the Miami women lost to LSU 54-42.

That means we get at least one more fashion statement from LSU head coach Kim Mulkey next week in Dallas. Everything's bigger in Texas, so expect something even more her than this:

kimmulkey2.jpg

Edited to add: Louisville is playing Iowa right now. They are down 41-29 with under 5 minutes left in the first half.
    Last edited by brevity; 03-26-2023 at 10:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by brevity View Post
    One ACC team is down in the Elite Eight. Not long after the Miami men beat Texas, the Miami women lost to LSU 54-42.

That means we get at least one more fashion statement from LSU head coach Kim Mulkey next week in Dallas. Everything's bigger in Texas, so expect something even more her than this:

kimmulkey2.jpg

Edited to add: Louisville is playing Iowa right now. They are down 41-29 with under 5 minutes left in the first half.
    This is a very entertaining game.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBlue View Post
    This is a very entertaining game.
    Glad I posted when I did. Louisville soon went on a 14-7 run. It's 48-43 Iowa at halftime.

Glad I posted when I did. Louisville soon went on a 14-7 run. It's 48-43 Iowa at halftime.
    Clark is an amazing talent. Just better than everyone else

Caitlin Clark I have said it before . She is the most entertaining basketball player in college basketball. Might help the TV ratings for Final 4. Iowa might not win it all. Iowa just gave up an 11-1 run. 8 turnovers for Clark. Iowa is prone to lapses in judgment and could have iced the game. 83-61 . Final 97-83. Triple double second since Sabrina Ionescu.
    Last edited by heyman25; 03-26-2023 at 11:36 PM. Reason: Add content and change

Quote Originally Posted by heyman25 View Post
    Caitlin Clark I have said it before . She is the most entertaining basketball player in college basketball. Might help the TV ratings for Final 4. Iowa might not win it all. Iowa just gave up an 11-1 run. 8 turnovers for Clark. Iowa is prone to lapses in judgment and could have iced the game. 83-61 . Final 97-83. Triple double second since Sabrina Ionescu.
    One player can carry a team to a championship. If anyone can do it- she can. We shall see.

Caitlyn Clark is amazing, but that was a seriously generous triple-double from the official scorer. Clark's tenth rebound was a tap-out that Clark didn't fully control with just over a minute left to play. 90% of the time, that goes as a rebound for the teammate, not the tapper. Still gotta give Clark credit, though. There aren't many players on the women's side who can score 41 points, let alone ones who also get 11 assists and a couple hands full of rebounds. A seriously amazing performance. It also helps that her teammates can knock down shots so that the passes count as assists. They'd have scored 100 if the game had been within shouting distance at the end. Louisville played really well, and kept it pretty close the first half and the first couple minutes of the third quarter. Then they missed a few shots, and that's all it took.

Iowa's next game is 80%+ sure to be South Carolina, though, and I'm not sure even Iowa will have an answer for that team.

Quote Originally Posted by Phredd3 View Post
    Iowa's next game is 80%+ sure to be South Carolina, though, and I'm not sure even Iowa will have an answer for that team.
    South Carolina putting away Maryland, up 14 with about 1 minute to go.

After losses by Miami and Louisville yesterday, Virginia Tech is the ACC's last chance to crack the Final Four. The top seed plays 3-seed Ohio State, who ended Connecticut's Final Four streak Saturday. That game is next.

Glad we were able to wake Virginia Tech up (they haven't lost since we beat them). I think they can handle LSU, and South Carolina will probably beat Clark U. But if I could only bet on one game it would be VT.
    Bad officials are elected by good citizens who do not vote. - George Jean Nathan

The free-throw disparity (28-17) accurately reflected how the game was played. Ohio State showed up with brass knuckles, shilleleaghs, and nunchucks, and wasn’t shy about using any of them. Kudos to VPI for not letting it affect their approach.

Quote Originally Posted by burnspbesq View Post
    The free-throw disparity (28-17) accurately reflected how the game was played. Ohio State showed up with brass knuckles, shilleleaghs, and nunchucks, and wasn’t shy about using any of them. Kudos to VPI for not letting it affect their approach.
    Ohio State played hard and physical, but not dirty. Maybe you didn't mean it that way, but that's how I read "brass knuckles". Ohio State got called for a lot of fouls because they committed a lot of fouls. You kind of expect that from a team that's smaller overall, especially when they are facing a 6'6" expert scorer and rebounder. Good for the refs for calling them frequently and pretty consistently. I thought that was one of the better officiated games of the tournament.

That means we get at least one more fashion statement from LSU head coach Kim Mulkey next week in Dallas.
    Your visual reminder that the Women's Final Four has officially started:

kimmulkey3.jpg

LSU has an early 10-6 lead over Virginia Tech. Go ACC!

VaTech ends the half on an 11-0 run to take a two-point lead.

I did some research and Liz Kitley, the 6'6 VaTech center's father went to Wake- how did Wake let her get away ?