Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleBlue View Post
    That was just perfect. Heels looked good. Ohio State wins 71-69.
    Were they trying to make a basket from the sideline or pass it in on that last inbounds play? Sure had a better chance of going in than it did being caught.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Amazing ending. Back and forth with OSU scoring the winner with 1.8 seconds left.

Had your heart ripped out Heels...GTHC.
    Best news of the Day. Banghart was so arrogant and rude after UNC beat Duke in Cameron. She can GTHC and go home with a heartbreaking loss.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    And they lose by 1. Good come back but not meant to be.
    Oh, I'm pretty sure they meant it.

Quote Originally Posted by Phredd3 View Post
    Oh, I'm pretty sure they meant it.
    Hard game for me. Raised from a young to think all things osu are bad. Was hoping for a meteor.

Hard game for me. Raised from a young to think all things osu are bad. Was hoping for a meteor.
    Look at this way: There just ain't no way anOSU is going to win the tourney, so en route to some heartbreak of their own, they did a little janitorial public service.

Were they trying to make a basket from the sideline or pass it in on that last inbounds play? Sure had a better chance of going in than it did being caught.
    speaking of last play, smart move by OSU to chuck it up instead of being fouled. Far underutilized manouever that eats up more clock than people realize.
    April 1

I didn't watch much of the game, but it looked like OSt was meaner and uglier than uNC, if that is possible. I almost felt sorry for the Cheats, but then I snapped out of it.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by uh_no View Post
    speaking of last play, smart move by OSU to chuck it up instead of being fouled. Far underutilized manouever that eats up more clock than people realize.
    Unless you throw it to the wrong team, UVA style.

Louisville running all over Texas halfway through the 3rd. Up by 14.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Unless you throw it to the wrong team, UVA style.

Louisville running all over Texas halfway through the 3rd. Up by 14.
    true. yeah that would have been a good play had they got it all the way to the other endline...but the fact they only got it just past half court...

Either way, slightly different as the clock was running here.
    April 1

Louisville up by over 20 heading into the 4th.

Miami is up 10 over over #1 seed Indiana in the 2nd quarter.

Colorado game starts poorly, 15-2 Colorado. Duke is out of sorts. Refs are really calling some tough fouls on Duke.

Apparently this year the memo is “make up for all the calls that have ever gone Duke’s way”. That call to give Colorado the ball after the shot clock violation is *unconscionable*. There is no rule to allow that.

Quote Originally Posted by jgehtland View Post
    Apparently this year the memo is “make up for all the calls that have ever gone Duke’s way”. That call to give Colorado the ball after the shot clock violation is *unconscionable*. There is no rule to allow that.
    Even the announcers were mystified on that one. These must not be ACC officials.

Seemed that no shot clock violation was called. Refs felt Duke rebounded the ball and threw it away. Which is sort of what happened.

Not going to check, but maybe the videotape will reveal a whistle to justify Duke's action?

Miami is up 10 over over #1 seed Indiana in the 2nd quarter.
    Congrats to Katie Meier. Biggest win of her career.
    Bad officials are elected by good citizens who do not vote. - George Jean Nathan

Quote Originally Posted by dudog84 View Post
    Congrats to Katie Meier. Biggest win of her career.
    Big upset! Great for the ACC!!

Quote Originally Posted by BlueTeuf View Post
    Seemed that no shot clock violation was called. Refs felt Duke rebounded the ball and threw it away. Which is sort of what happened.

Not going to check, but maybe the videotape will reveal a whistle to justify Duke's action?
    The horn went off for the end of the shot clock, though the officials were apparently unaware and weren't near ready to call it. Duke player was getting ready to pass when the buzzer went off and threw the ball out of bounds. Officials were clueless and not inquisitive and simply gave the ball to CU.

Quote Originally Posted by Kfanarmy View Post
    The horn went off for the end of the shot clock, though the officials were apparently unaware and weren't near ready to call it. Duke player was getting ready to pass when the buzzer went off and threw the ball out of bounds. Officials were clueless and not inquisitive and simply gave the ball to CU.
    At the time, I thought that was a big officiating mistake, but I reviewed the replay this morning, and I have to say, the officials got this particular play exactly correct. Elizabeth had blocked the shot, and the dying quail ball was recovered by Vanessa De Jesus along the baseline. She clearly had possession of the ball and threw an outlet pass to a player who had already broken down court. The shot clock, which should have been reset, expired while the ball was in flight, but the refs did not blow the whistle until the ball landed out of bounds. The shot clock horn does not stop play and must be validated by a whistle. Even though the officials initially incorrectly signaled for a shot clock violation, because Vanessa had clearly gained possession for Duke and the whistle was not blown until the ball had gone out of bounds, the correct ruling was to simply ignore the shot clock horn and resume play after correcting the timing error with no other changes to play.

Therefore, giving the ball to Colorado on an out-of-bounds call was correct.

It was one of the few things the officials did right in the first quarter. That was not a great officiating crew overall, and they were miserable in the first quarter. They had a long discussion after that first quarter ended, and the balance improved after that.

Quote Originally Posted by Phredd3 View Post
    At the time, I thought that was a big officiating mistake, but I reviewed the replay this morning, and I have to say, the officials got this particular play exactly correct. Elizabeth had blocked the shot, and the dying quail ball was recovered by Vanessa De Jesus along the baseline. She clearly had possession of the ball and threw an outlet pass to a player who had already broken down court. The shot clock, which should have been reset, expired while the ball was in flight, but the refs did not blow the whistle until the ball landed out of bounds. The shot clock horn does not stop play and must be validated by a whistle. Even though the officials initially incorrectly signaled for a shot clock violation, because Vanessa had clearly gained possession for Duke and the whistle was not blown until the ball had gone out of bounds, the correct ruling was to simply ignore the shot clock horn and resume play after correcting the timing error with no other changes to play.

Therefore, giving the ball to Colorado on an out-of-bounds call was correct.

It was one of the few things the officials did right in the first quarter. That was not a great officiating crew overall, and they were miserable in the first quarter. They had a long discussion after that first quarter ended, and the balance improved after that.
    I didn't record it, but watching it in real time, I thought the buzzer went off as she was passing the ball. It looked like several players heard the buzzer and reacted accordingly. I would have to look it up, but to me the right thing to do there is reset possession back to when the buzzer went off, the same as they would do if an inadvertent whistle stops play.

Quote Originally Posted by Kfanarmy View Post
    I didn't record it, but watching it in real time, I thought the buzzer went off as she was passing the ball. It looked like several players heard the buzzer and reacted accordingly. I would have to look it up, but to me the right thing to do there is reset possession back to when the buzzer went off, the same as they would do if an inadvertent whistle stops play.
    The shot clock buzzer is for the refs. Players are supposed to play to the whistle.

-jk