Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    Beast.
    An amazing game by Clark

Clark hasn't shot well but she has been damn heroic tonight.

Huge and extremely difficult win. Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    Have to see if Iowa has any gas in the tank for the 4th. Don't want a repeat of their fade in the 2nd.

-jk
    Just enough to get over the lime.

Caitlin Clark is most exciting player in the NCAA period!

Quote Originally Posted by heyman25 View Post
    She is a reincarnation of pistol Pete

Quote Originally Posted by dukelifer View Post
    She is a reincarnation of pistol Pete
    I think the parallel to Larry Bird in 1979 is more appropriate. Pete never actually won anything major in college, his teams never even made the NCAA tourney.
    Last edited by Ian; 04-01-2023 at 12:09 AM.

Their big who got in foul trouble can also flat out ball. I mean she can really play in the post. Their other players don't do anything they can't do and they play really hard and handle the ball well. Fun team to watch.

Coach McCallie was a bit abrasive as a coach. Likely why Bella didn’t go to Duke
    Unfortunately, I recall her father stating that Bella was never recruited by Duke despite attending Duke basketball camp. I was looking for a link when I read that Bella retired from the WNBA, where she was the number 5 pick, after 2 years for personal reasons. I hope, and expect, she is excelling in her life after basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by TywinBlue View Post
    I did some research and Liz Kitley, the 6'6 VaTech center's father went to Wake- how did Wake let her get away ?
    How did Duke? She was in Greensboro!

Quote Originally Posted by Owen Meany View Post
    Unfortunately, I recall her father stating that Bella was never recruited by Duke despite attending Duke basketball camp. I was looking for a link when I read that Bella retired from the WNBA, where she was the number 5 pick, after 2 years for personal reasons. I hope, and expect, she is excelling in her life after basketball.
    And Bella as well. I fully admit I gave too much leeway to McCallie for the injuries to Gray (and Jones) which messed up her best chances. But in hindsight it's like she completely lost it and gave up after that and was happy to collect her paycheck. That's on Kevin White. But I like to think things happen for a reason, we could have gotten a coach that would have continued to keep us mired in mediocrity+. I really think Kara is that special coach that takes us all the way.

We will see.
    Bad officials are elected by good citizens who do not vote. - George Jean Nathan

Highlights of Caitlin Clark's semifinal performance against South Carolina:

Not sure which regret is greater: my not watching her games all season or my not watching the Florida Atlantic men all season. At least I knew about her, having seen Iowa lose to Duke in Cameron back in December 2021.

I've gotta say this is the most elaborate April Fool ruse I've ever seen.

I mean, they had to get both teams, the tv network and the news services in on it. WOW!!

And the CGI showing some of Clark's ridiculous shots going in was amazingly good.

So when are they going to show the real game?
    Last edited by camion; 04-01-2023 at 08:27 AM.

Great piece on the DBR front page - it captured my feelings watching Clark’s performance last night perfectly. She truly was transcendent.

Quote Originally Posted by Nugget View Post
    Great piece on the DBR front page - it captured my feelings watching Clark’s performance last night perfectly. She truly was transcendent.
    Somehow I read that as "translucent" which would be even more impressive.

I was late to the Clark party, but I watched last night, and wow. She can definitely shoot and handle etc, but most impressive to me was her passing. Every pass in the book- long outlets, on the pick and roll, wrap arounds, one handed, lobs, etc. She picked SC apart, and that's a really good defense.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    I really dislike Kim Mulkey, but credit goes where credit is due.
    In the '20-'21 season LSU finished with a 9-13 record.
    Two years after being hired Mulkey has them playing in the national championship game. That's very, very impressive.

Go Hawkeyes.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by robed deity View Post
    I was late to the Clark party, but I watched last night, and wow. She can definitely shoot and handle etc, but most impressive to me was her passing. Every pass in the book- long outlets, on the pick and roll, wrap arounds, one handed, lobs, etc. She picked SC apart, and that's a really good defense.
    She had a decent number of turnovers but a lot of her turnovers are where she saw things that her teammates didn't see. So she gets the turnover on good passes. Homegirl has amazing court vision. She didn't shoot great from distance, but if she had she would have gone for 55. Clark was in absolute control. She's legit. Most fun I've had watching any player all year.

The NCAA wasted no time in holding the pregame press conferences for the women's national championship game.

00:12:30 LSU coach Kim Mulkey
    00:47:00 LSU player Angel Reese
    01:35:00 Iowa coach Lisa Bluder
    02:08:30 Iowa player Caitlin Clark

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Less than 24 hours after being sent back home, Aliyah Boston has declared for the WNBA draft.

A totally expected move (she could have used her 5th year), the women's draft is only 10 days away. She'll likely go #1.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Less than 24 hours after being sent back home, Aliyah Boston has declared for the WNBA draft.

A totally expected move (she could have used her 5th year), the women's draft is only 10 days away. She'll likely go #1.
    Staley said that she was going to tell her to go pro because she faces double teams in college and won't face that in the WNBA. She's a great coach. I love her. Also she was nasty when she played man. She was a great player.