One shining moment

Timothy Burke is a dude with two much time on his hands, but interesting twitter none the less. He logged the total time of teams and individuals in One Shining Moment since 1988.

The team that logged the most minutes was Duke of course.
    Duke (129 clips, 5:35)
    Kansas (105 clips, 4:51)
    UNC (131 clips, 4:40)
    Kentucky (92 clips, 4:07)
    UConn (73 clips, 3:36)

And one of his comments to the tweet says: A One Shining Moment made up just of times Mike Krzyzewski appeared in One Shining Moment runs 49 seconds and has 13 clips. That would slot him at 28th place, between Virginia and Georgetown.

https://twitter.com/bubbaprog/status...660289/photo/1

Apologies if this has already been posted.
    ~rthomas

This is outstanding content

I saw the original tweet when it came out Monday night. I even replied "that's a lot of data mining that I didn't know that I wanted". I can't imagine how long that took. Dude is more committed than I am.

Also, yes, I did just quote my own tweet.

Quote Originally Posted by nmduke2001 View Post
    I saw the original tweet when it came out Monday night. I even replied "that's a lot of data mining that I didn't know that I wanted". I can't imagine how long that took. Dude is more committed than I am.

Also, yes, I did just quote my own tweet.
    Link?
    "I don't like them when they are eating my azaleas or rhododendrons or pansies." - Coach K

I always thought that every team in the tournament would have at least a split second in each year's One Shining Moment. But watching the other night (and then replaying it right afterwards), I didn't see NC State anywhere. And looking at the data and tweets, it seems not every school is shown each year. Personally, I'd be ticked off if I didn't have one shining moment in One Shining Moment.

So glad they don't show a singer/performer in the videos anymore. Nothing against Jennifer Hudson, but that idea was just a fiasco.

9F
    I will never talk about That Game. GTHC.

This is as good a place as any to post One Shining Moment 2023:

For those amateur critics among you who say, "I'm not going to watch this because I don't like how it ends," here is my short and Husky-free review.

The editors showed some restraint this year. No locker room speeches (just a few quick celebrations) or dumb workouts. Lots of fan reactions and mascots, but that's expected. The rest is almost entirely on the court action. I still don't love their lazy lack of chronological order -- showing a 1st round Louisiana player AFTER Markquis Nowell's alley-oop to Keyonte Johnson in the Sweet 16 makes no sense. Minimal Duke and Duke-adjacent content from the 1:35 to 1:40 mark, in the form of Dereck Lively II and Chris Collins. There's an audio clip of "Hello friends" at the beginning and a brief shot of the back of Jim Nantz's head toward the end, so maybe just a hint of sentimentality.

Quote Originally Posted by kako View Post
    I always thought that every team in the tournament would have at least a split second in each year's One Shining Moment. But watching the other night (and then replaying it right afterwards), I didn't see NC State anywhere. And looking at the data and tweets, it seems not every school is shown each year. Personally, I'd be ticked off if I didn't have one shining moment in One Shining Moment.

So glad they don't show a singer/performer in the videos anymore. Nothing against Jennifer Hudson, but that idea was just a fiasco.

9F
    I think that you have to at least win one game to be guaranteed an appearance. The song is only a few minutes and there's 68 teams.
    Hard at work making beautiful things.

Quote Originally Posted by gam7 View Post
    Link?
    My reply is in the replies to the of the original tweet which is linked by the original poster above.

Quote Originally Posted by brevity View Post
    This is as good a place as any to post One Shining Moment 2023:

For those amateur critics among you who say, "I'm not going to watch this because I don't like how it ends," here is my short and Husky-free review.

The editors showed some restraint this year. No locker room speeches (just a few quick celebrations) or dumb workouts. Lots of fan reactions and mascots, but that's expected. The rest is almost entirely on the court action. I still don't love their lazy lack of chronological order -- showing a 1st round Louisiana player AFTER Markquis Nowell's alley-oop to Keyonte Johnson in the Sweet 16 makes no sense. Minimal Duke and Duke-adjacent content from the 1:35 to 1:40 mark, in the form of Dereck Lively II and Chris Collins. There's an audio clip of "Hello friends" at the beginning and a brief shot of the back of Jim Nantz's head toward the end, so maybe just a hint of sentimentality.
    Does anyone know why they decided to lead with the Pitt sign falling off the wall?

Might be just me, but now that Calhoun and all of his former players are gone, I don't mind UConn. It does irritate me that they've won the same number of titles as Duke with half the number of final fours, but Dan Hurley seems like a good guy and a fantastic coach, so I'm happy for him and all the Hurleys.

Quote Originally Posted by kAzE View Post
    Might be just me, but now that Calhoun and all of his former players are gone, I don't mind UConn. It does irritate me that they've won the same number of titles as Duke with half the number of final fours, but Dan Hurley seems like a good guy and a fantastic coach, so I'm happy for him and all the Hurleys.
    I feel the same way you do. I don't dislike them the way I do, the Cheats and the Twerps. I did when Calhoun was their coach but now with Danny Hurley coaching them, it doesn't bother me unless they beat Duke.

GoDuke!

Quote Originally Posted by nmduke2001 View Post
    My reply is in the replies to the of the original tweet which is linked by the original poster above.
    Sorry, I was trying to be funny by telling you you didn't link to your own tweet.
    "I don't like them when they are eating my azaleas or rhododendrons or pansies." - Coach K

Ya know

Watch the 30 - 45 second time frame. Just 15 seconds of FURMAN in there !!! Most amazing singular 5 seconds of basketball in tourney - Clark turnover , catch pass , nailed a 25 foot 3 unbelievable

Quote Originally Posted by gofurman View Post
    Ya know

Watch the 30 - 45 second time frame. Just 15 seconds of FURMAN in there !!! Most amazing singular 5 seconds of basketball in tourney - Clark turnover , catch pass , nailed a 25 foot 3 unbelievable
    Yep, the two Furman players involved had no time to think, they just reacted very well off an unexpected bad pass.

Contrast that with Laettner's heroic shot as Christian and Grant actually practiced that exact play, they both had to think about it during the timeout and then executed to perfection.