View Poll Results: Who was Duke's Man of the Match in their win over Carolina tonight?

Voters
97. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dereck Lively

3 3.09%
  • Kyle Filipowski

84 86.60%
  • Mark Mitchell

4 4.12%
  • Tyrese Proctor

4 4.12%
  • Jeremy Roach

1 1.03%
  • Dariq Whitehead

0 0%
  • Jacob Grandison

0 0%
  • Ryan Young

1 1.03%
    About 150 feet in front of the Duke Chapel doors.

MOTM: Duke v Carolina (Mar 4, 2023)

Who was Duke's Man of the Match in their win over Carolina tonight?
    JBDuke

Andre Dawkins: “People ask me if I can still shoot, and I ask them if they can still breathe. That’s kind of the same thing.”

Flip!
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Well, obvi Flip for the win but Proctor for yelling "SCOREBOARD!!!!" as he left the court.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Filipowski is the obvious choice, but a shout out to Lively for playing the last 8-9 minutes with 4 fouls, and playing well (blocked shots, etc). The first 4 fouls he played like a freshman, after that he played with the wisdom of a senior (OK a slight exaggeration).

Great win.

Mark Mitchell brings his lunch pail to the gym. A true junkyard dog.
    Bob Green

Flip, all day long!

Scheyer.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    Mark Mitchell brings his lunch pail to the gym. A true junkyard dog.
    Agee!

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    Well, obvi Flip for the win but Proctor for yelling "SCOREBOARD!!!!" as he left the court.
    I loved that. For a while it seemed like Duke and the Heels were getting along too chummy. A little payback for last year's last regular season game when their players taunted Cameron.

I still voted for Flip. To me, this was a no-brainer pick.

9F
    I will never talk about That Game. GTHC.

Can I select "the defensive unit on the floor for the last 2 defensive possessions" as the MOTM? It was brilliant. Hubert said in the post-game that they set up a play to give them 2 options to drive or 2 options for a 3. Really!? Dumping the ball to Bacot wasn't the first thought???? We played great D on Love and Davis. I absolutely loved that the game ended with Love missing a terrible 3.

Also Tyrese!

I grant that Flip deserves the MOTM award.

But I want to give a shoutout to Tyrese for his lockdown D on the UNC guards, for his 5-7 shooting, his 3 assists and his anchoring our O [as shaky as it was], and his clutch playing. We don't win this game without him. We have a legit, 18 y/o PG who is clutch.
    “I love it. Coach, when we came here, we had a three-hour meeting about the core values. If you really represent the core values, it means diving on the floor, sacrificing your body for your teammates, no matter how much you’re up by or how much you’re down by, always playing hard.” -- Zion

The poll options are incomplete. I don't see Caleb Love's name as an option.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by hustleplays View Post
    I grant that Flip deserves the MOTM award.

But I want to give a shoutout to Tyrese for his lockdown D on the UNC guards, for his 5-7 shooting, his 3 assists and his anchoring our O [as shaky as it was], and his clutch playing. We don't win this game without him. We have a legit, 18 y/o PG who is clutch.
    Yep. He was my 2nd choice. He had a great game, and as Coach Scheyer said during his presser, he's "no longer a freshman". Well, he said that about all of the rookies, but Proctor stands out. Especially for being the youngest.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by VA_BDevil View Post
    Hahaha Love was low-impact tonight. Leaky was 3-16!!! Somehow you manage to get your jersey honored twice by not reaching 1000 points in 5 years.

Quote Originally Posted by VA_BDevil View Post
    Was coming here to say this. I'm so glad we got the *real* Caleb tonight after he's had some good games against us.

- With Duke up by one with 1:30 left, UNC ran a play to get Bacot open on the right block. Instead of feeding him, Love chose to drive directly into the space where Bacot was trying to post. The result was a forced pass to Leaky Black, who took their biggest shot of the game and missed (just like at Cameron).

- The next trip, he got fooled so bad by Jeremy, who rejected Flip's screen and drove right by him for a bucket.

- On the last play, he took an off-balance 3 that had no chance.

Jokes aside, my vote was for Flip. Offense was such a struggle tonight, and he put the team on his back. Mitchell was fantastic, too.

It's hard to give it to just one person. But I'll go with Proctor, his defense on Love was outstanding. it's wasn't by accident that Love went 3-12.

Quote Originally Posted by Ima Facultiwyfe View Post
    Scheyer.
    I agree...

In addition we need to add a "Coaching Staff" selection to this poll going forward.

I went with Flip but there were so many others that made really good contributions to the big win. Mark Mitchell played a terrific game with 2 big rebounds in traffic and that was key. Tyrese playing great defense on Love and getting the offense into gear. Lively playing a solid game with 4 fouls. Jeremy with the big bucket at the end. Young coming in when Derrick got into foul trouble, and last but certainly not least, Coach Scheyer with some outstanding moves in a game that was almost certainly going down to the end.

GoDuke!