Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    About 150 feet in front of the Duke Chapel doors.

WBB ACCT: Duke 44, Carolina 40

UNC beat Clemson to advance to the ACC quarterfinals and now faces a rematch with our Blue Devils tomorrow night.
    JBDuke

Andre Dawkins: “People ask me if I can still shoot, and I ask them if they can still breathe. That’s kind of the same thing.”

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    GTHC

Third time's our charm.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Hope I can get there tomorrow. Time for payback.
    Man, if your Mom made you wear that color when you were a baby, and you're still wearing it, it's time to grow up!

This will be different!

Quote Originally Posted by killerleft View Post
    Hope I can get there tomorrow. Time for payback.
    Just like Joe Namath, I'm going out on that proverbial limb: Our women Dukies are going to whip the Heels. One of my students is a player on our team, and she is positive about our mindset going into this huge game. The Heels are really good, especially on D, buts so are we, and I am confident that we will not make so many mindless turnovers.

btw, isn't the Duke/Carolina rivalry an amazing gift!
    “I love it. Coach, when we came here, we had a three-hour meeting about the core values. If you really represent the core values, it means diving on the floor, sacrificing your body for your teammates, no matter how much you’re up by or how much you’re down by, always playing hard.” -- Zion

Mindless turnovers has been a problem. The players need to stop looking at Coach Lawson and make plays. I hope they have been working on shooting accurately making layups . Making free throws and getting second and third attempts and finishing is so important to beat the Heels. Duke seems psyched out in both of their games. UNC is good and they take the rivalry the way Duke should. Winning and executing plays to score. If you play great defense, you got to finish and score on turnovers. In both games Duke was unable to overcome all their mistakes. Like your Joe Namath reference. I just hope they play well. If they do, Duke should win

We are going to have to play through contact, both shooting and passing. North Carolina plays very physical, and if we get Dee Kantner's crew again, we need to be ready for that. Sadly, I'm going to miss the game, as I will be traveling. Hopefully, the team won't be.

Quote Originally Posted by heyman25 View Post
    Mindless turnovers has been a problem. The players need to stop looking at Coach Lawson and make plays. I hope they have been working on shooting accurately making layups . Making free throws and getting second and third attempts and finishing is so important to beat the Heels. Duke seems psyched out in both of their games. UNC is good and they take the rivalry the way Duke should. Winning and executing plays to score. If you play great defense, you got to finish and score on turnovers. In both games Duke was unable to overcome all their mistakes. Like your Joe Namath reference. I just hope they play well. If they do, Duke should win
    Please explain this statement, because I'm not at all sure what you mean.
    Bad officials are elected by good citizens who do not vote. - George Jean Nathan

Should be another heavyweight fight. Rain and wind is forecast, the worst is after 9 tonight. I'm debating whether to go or not. I'm expecting the Women to play much stronger on offense this time.

The Cheating tar heel women deserve to be taken down, pinned, and left to limp home dejectedly.

GTHC, GTH! Let's Go Duke! May the Mighty Celeste lead us to the Championship!
    Man, if your Mom made you wear that color when you were a baby, and you're still wearing it, it's time to grow up!

Quote Originally Posted by hustleplays View Post
    btw, isn't the Duke/Carolina rivalry an amazing gift!
    Only win the good guys/gals win. Otherwise, it's like the plague.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    I watched some of the game last night, although most of what I saw was in the 4th. The Tigers were always behind, but never out of it until the very end when time simply wasn't on their side. From my eye test, I had assumed that Clemson had lost the rebounding battle badly, but the box score says that wasn't the case at all.
    So that also tells me that towards the end of the game, Carolina likely simply had the better legs. They got up for boards, which equated to points, and the Cheaterettes were able to pull away.
    The rebounding battle is going to be very important for Duke, as well. Hopefully Carolina will be feeling the effects of two hard fought games as tonight hits the last 10 minutes.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    The rebounding battle is going to be very important for Duke, as well. Hopefully Carolina will be feeling the effects of two hard fought games as tonight hits the last 10 minutes.
    I'm going to hope so, of course, but they showed no signs of fading last night, and they showed no signs of fading at Cameron, and I don't think one game is enough to substantially wear out players in their late teens and early twenties. I just don't think we can count on them fading, and we have to be prepared for this to be a slugfest for the full 40 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Phredd3 View Post
    I'm going to hope so, of course, but they showed no signs of fading last night, and they showed no signs of fading at Cameron, and I don't think one game is enough to substantially wear out players in their late teens and early twenties. I just don't think we can count on them fading, and we have to be prepared for this to be a slugfest for the full 40 minutes.
    I've got no doubt that we will be. My biggest concern is how we start. As we know, Carolina is not a team we can fall behind early against. A strong 1st quarter, hell, a strong first 5 minutes, goes a long way.

Way too many TOs already, 6 in the 1st quarter. Duke is on a scoring drought, too, but leads, 9-8.

A lot of missed opportunities in 1Q. Points that might come in handy later.

Duke trying to have more TOs than points.

Duke offense is really hard to watch

Another pitiful offensive performance so far.

team is really struggling on the offensive end again

Duke losing the foul fight too, with our 6 to their 3. We are killing on the boards, though. 21 - 9.

Duke is the worst offensive team every time against UNC.PSYCHE Job