Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    GT wins at Cuse 96-76.

It’s all on Notre Dame now if we want a double bye. If ND can win one game (either at Clemson or home to Pitt), we likely get the 2-bye with a win over the Cheats. If ND beats Pitt, Pitt would still need to lose at Miami on Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by arnie View Post
    It’s all on Notre Dame now if we want a double bye. If ND can win one game (either at Clemson or home to Pitt), we likely get the 2-bye with a win over the Cheats. If ND beats Pitt, Pitt would still need to lose at Miami on Saturday.
    Even if Duke doesn't get the double-bye, it would still feel good to beat UNC on Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBenAkiva View Post
    What happens if Pitt beats Miami? Does Duke have the tiebreaker with the Canes?
    Posted on ACC tourney thread. Still relevant.

Quote Originally Posted by gumbomoop View Post
    There’s a scenario in which Pitt is the 1-seed and Duke the 3-seed:
    • Duke wins out
    • Pitt wins out
    • Clemson loses out
    But because that requires Clemson to lose at home on Saturday to ND, it’s a long shot. Not only has ND been shockingly bad, but Clemson still has hopes of making the NCAAT.

Thus, Duke’s more, arguably most, promising path to a double-bye is:
    • Duke wins out
    • Pitt loses out
    Resulting in Duke getting 3- or 4-seed, depending on Clemson’s results.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBenAkiva View Post
    Even if Duke doesn't get the double-bye, it would still feel good to beat UNC on Saturday.
    Yes and actually, if we’re the 5 and beat the 12 seed, we likely play Clemson in the quarter finals and possibly Pitt in the semis. I like those matchups.

Quote Originally Posted by bshrader View Post
    Don't know if it was mentioned but BC knocks off Wake in Winston.
    Wake lost Monsanto for the season a week ago when they played at NC State. Knee injury. I’m afraid they are much less dangerous without him.

So with Duke beating State, they are currently in a win/loss tie for 4th in the ACC. They cannot catch Pitt, even if Pitt loses to Miami this weekend. So with tiebreakers, they lose to UVA and Clemson because they are on the short end of those season head-to-heads. They would beat Miami in the tiebreakers, assuming the Canes lose to Pitt (the 2nd tiebreaker after head-to-head is record against the top seed. And since Duke beat Pitt, they would win that one). Also Clemson plays the Irish at home this weekend. So I guess we root for Duke to win (duh), and we root for Miami and/or Clemson to lose so Duke can secure the double bye next week.

Right?

9F
    I will never talk about That Game. GTHC.

How did Ga Tech beat Syracuse by 20 at Syracuse?!? I bet the pitchforks are really out for JB now!

Quote Originally Posted by kako View Post
    So with Duke beating State, they are currently in a win/loss tie for 4th in the ACC. They cannot catch Pitt, even if Pitt loses to Miami this weekend. So with tiebreakers, they lose to UVA and Clemson because they are on the short end of those season head-to-heads. They would beat Miami in the tiebreakers, assuming the Canes lose to Pitt (the 2nd tiebreaker after head-to-head is record against the top seed. And since Duke beat Pitt, they would win that one). Also Clemson plays the Irish at home this weekend. So I guess we root for Duke to win (duh), and we root for Miami and/or Clemson to lose so Duke can secure the double bye next week.

Right?

9F
    No. Pitt still has 2 games left. You need the perfect storm (9F + 2 Pitt losses) for a double bye.

I’m impressed that BC has a good chance of going .500 in the ACC. That tight win on the road looks a bit better now…

Quote Originally Posted by duke2x View Post
    No. Pitt still has 2 games left. You need the perfect storm (9F + 2 Pitt losses) for a double bye.
    But if Miami and Duke are tied, it goes to the tiebreaker. Head-to-head is even, but the 2nd tiebreaker is record against the top seed. In that case, if Pitt wins out, that means Miami loses. And therefore Duke and Miami are tied. And since Duke is 1-0 vs Pitt, they win the 2nd tiebreaker. Right? If not, what am I missing?

9F
    I will never talk about That Game. GTHC.

But if Miami and Duke are tied, it goes to the tiebreaker. Head-to-head is even, but the 2nd tiebreaker is record against the top seed. In that case, if Pitt wins out, that means Miami loses. And therefore Duke and Miami are tied. And since Duke is 1-0 vs Pitt, they win the 2nd tiebreaker. Right? If not, what am I missing?

9F
    If it is a 3-way tie with either UVa or Clemson along with Miami (as is most likely if we win Saturday), we lose the 3-way head-to-head.

Quote Originally Posted by duke2x View Post
    This is Duke’s best shot at double-bye, but not its only shot.

If Duke loses on Sat, we are 5-seed. All of the below assumes Duke beats UNC.
    • Pitt loses twice, ND loses @ Clemson = Duke is 4-seed ... Duke’s best shot at double-bye
    • Pitt loses twice, ND wins @ Clemson, UL wins @ UVa = Duke is 2-seed ... Highly unlikely
    • Pitt loses twice, ND wins @ Clemson, UL loses @ UVa = Duke is 3-seed ... Unlikely
    • Pitt wins twice, ND loses @ Clemson = Duke is 5-seed ... Unlikely
    • Pitt wins twice, ND wins @ Clemson, UL wins @ UVa = Duke is 4-seed ... Highly unlikely
    • Pitt wins twice, ND wins @ Clemson, UL loses @ UVa = Duke is 3-seed ... Highly unlikely
    • Pitt wins @ ND, loses @ Miami, ND loses @ Clemson, UL loses @ UVa = Duke is 5-seed ... Probably most likely, not 100%
    • Pitt wins @ ND, loses @ Miami, ND loses @ Clemson, UL wins @ UVa = Duke is 5-seed ... Highly unlikely
    • Pitt wins @ ND, loses @ Miami, ND wins @ Clemson, UL loses @ UVa = Duke is 4-seed ... Unlikely
    • Pitt wins @ ND, loses @ Miami, ND wins @ Clemson, UL wins @ UVa = Duke is 4-seed ... Highly unlikely
    • Pitt loses @ ND, wins @ Miami, ND loses @ Clemson, UL loses @ UVa = Duke is 5-seed ... Unlikely
    • Pitt loses @ ND, wins @ Miami, ND loses @ Clemson, UL wins @ UVa = Duke is 5-seed ... Highly unlikely
    • Pitt loses @ ND, wins @ Miami, ND wins @ Clemson, UL wins @ UVa = Duke is 4-seed ... Highly unlikely
    • Pitt loses @ ND, wins @ Miami, ND wins @ Clemson, UL loses @ UVa = Duke is 3-seed ... Highly unlikely

So Louisville lost its final home game of the season, and the dog that performed at halftime pooped on the court. Sums up their season pretty well I’d say.

Quote Originally Posted by Matches View Post
    So Louisville lost its final home game of the season, and the dog that performed at halftime pooped on the court. Sums up their season pretty well I’d say.
    Spork this man.

How is NCSU not playing this weekend?

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    I was wondering the same thing

Here's how I'm simplifying things best I can. The Pitt game tonight is important. I believe that if they lose, we control our own destiny in terms of getting a double bye. If Pitt loses tonight and assuming we win Saturday, Pitt or Miami would have to get another loss this weekend because they play each other, so we would take the spot of the loser.

Other option is for Clemson to lose this weekend.

I'd say the most desirable outcome is for Pitt to be the 1 and us to be the 4, so really just hoping Pitt beats Miami.

Quote Originally Posted by AGDukesky View Post
    I was wondering the same thing
    With a 15 member conference, one team is always left out of conference play each weekend or mid-week round of games... unbalanced number of teams, so it's gotta be. Chances of finding an out-of-conference game this last weekend of the regular season? Pretty slim, I'd think. So one team just sits at home. Thanx, Notre Dame!

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Last game, 15 ACC teams. It’s the maths.