Medical Question

Sad to say, but ... I think I trust the mavens on this board more than I do any of the medical profession in this area of rural Tennessee. Now that my gallbladder (with associated stones) is lying in a repository of medical waste somewhere, can I really return to whatever I consider to be a "normal" diet after maybe two weeks or so (as long as it is not a super-high fat content diet)? Any pointers on what to look out for or monitor?

(I'm really bummed that they did not let me take the stones home.)

Low fat for two more weeks. 85% chance you'll be totes normal after that. So sayeth the internist husband of weezie when I asked him. What the heck were you planning on anyway?!
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    Low fat for two more weeks. 85% chance you'll be totes normal after that. So sayeth the internist husband of weezie when I asked him. What the heck were you planning on anyway?!
    Exactly that. I've never been one to go hog-wild on high-fat foods, but I like the occasional burger w/ fries, nacho platter, or fudge. I'm told I can continue to enjoy those in moderation, but given recent medical history I've witnessed in this area I wanted some independent confirmation. Thanks for that, Weezie (and to the huzz).

Quote Originally Posted by 75Crazie View Post
    ... and to the huzz).
    I should have said "hubby", I'm not at all sure that what I typed is anywhere near appropriate, sorry about that. But it does indicate I got some really good drugs out of this episode.

Quote Originally Posted by 75Crazie View Post
    I should have said "hubby", I'm not at all sure that what I typed is anywhere near appropriate, sorry about that. But it does indicate I got some really good drugs out of this episode.
    But it was funny!

I returned to a normal diet fairly soon afterwards. I have noticed, though, that a fatty breakfast or runny eggs when I first get up can cause gi problems. Doc says that’s a normal by-reduction for many folks after gallbladder removal.

Thanks, OPK!