Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Jimmy Carter, 98, is in hospice care

Great man. I was hoping he could make it to 100. But it's just a number. My thoughts are with him.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world...0c9a6983757ee8
    Bad officials are elected by good citizens who do not vote. - George Jean Nathan

Honestly we should all try to be a little more like Jimmy Carter. To believe is to care, to care is to do.

The greatest former president in history. Just a wonderful human.

Incredible man. Always tried to help his fellow man. I wish politicians on both sides were a lot more like him. I was honored to have him speak at my Duke graduation.

He is an amazing human. We should all try to follow his example - care for your fellow humans.

Prayers for peace for him and his family.

One of only five living former USA presidents. Hope he is comfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    The greatest former president in history. Just a wonderful human.
    Predates my actual understanding of presidents .he did a lot of good before and after his presidency.

Bless his heart. I mean it.

Jimmy was not the best president of my lifetime, but probably the best ex-president given his humanitarian service to Habitat Humanity and his conflict resolution efforts. He still taught Bible Studies in Plains until his health did not allow.

God’s speed, JC.

My uncle was a Carter appointee. Under-Secretary in DOE under Schlesinger Always spoke highly of Carter.

Jimmy

The first presidential candidate for whom I ever voted. I never regretted it. Very underrated president and, as so many have said in this thread, a wonderful human being.

Also the only president who had Hunter Thompson over to his house (albeit before he became president).

Underrated as a president and the best ex-president in the history of the country. I cast my very first presidential vote for Jimmy, even though it was fairly obvious he was going to lose. I'd cast the exact same vote tomorrow, if Jimmy were still 58 and in good health. I am very sad to hear this.

Or, what MChambers wrote. Great minds think alike.

Bad officials are elected by good citizens who do not vote. - George Jean Nathan

I concur with others here. I don't think Jimmy Carter was one of the great presidents.

He is near the top of my list of the great human beings I have seen, a shining example of how to live a life. I wish him and his family well.

Quote Originally Posted by MChambers View Post
    The first presidential candidate for whom I ever voted. I never regretted it. Very underrated president and, as so many have said in this thread, a wonderful human being.
    Yes, to this. Well, Jimmy wasn’t the first president for whom I voted — a gentleman from Hope, Arkansas, who grew up impoverished has that distinction — but I’m with you in spirit.

It will be a very sad day when President Carter passes.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBlue View Post
    My uncle was a Carter appointee. Under-Secretary in DOE under Schlesinger Always spoke highly of Carter.
    I was in the Carter Administration. My boss reported directly to Pres. Carter. It is the proudest time of my career.

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    I was in the Carter Administration. My boss reported directly to Pres. Carter. It is the proudest time of my career.
    Interesting. Who was your boss?

A great human being.

Prayers for Jimmy and his family.

Quote Originally Posted by camion View Post
    He is near the top of my list of the great human beings I have seen, a shining example of how to live a life.
    Quote sums up my opinion perfectly. The World is about to lose a great man.
    Bob Green