Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by burnspbesq View Post
    15-10 is your final. Duke took its foot off the gas a bit in Q4. Hat tricks for DeSimone and Jenner (plus 12 DCs). LeRose with nine saves.
    Against who?
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by burnspbesq View Post
    Duke is rolling. Callahan with a goal and an assist (to Nease) to make it 4-0. Time out Navy with six to go in Q1.
    Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Against who?
    Duke Women over Navy. There was a mention above.

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    If we are only going two mention one of the two teams playing, let's mention the opponents -- the thread title identifies "Duke."
    Yeah, and I thought it was the men playing.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Duke women with a 4-0 run (three in 1:14) to take a 7-2 lead over Davidson after Q1. Callahan with a first-quarter hat trick.

HT: Duke 11, Davidson 4. Carly Bernstein with her first career hat trick. Freshman Madison Drebing played Q2 in goal: two saves, two GA.

Strong third quarter for Davidson. Duke leads 14-8 going to the fourth.

18-9 is your final. Duke has some things to work on: 14 turnovers and three blown clears, and Davidson had a narrow edge in ground balls. But: nine different players scored, DeSimone had three assists (to go along with two goals), and Duke went 20-31 on draws.

Gardner-Webb comes to Koskinen on Sunday afternoon.

The 2-0 Duke women have their final tuneup before starting ACC play on Sunday, facing 0-1 Gardner-Webb at 1:00 p.m. at Koskinen. The Runnin’ Bulldogs dropped their season opener to Cincinnati, 20-9. Coverage on ACCNX.

Duke women rolling, 9-1 after Q1. Five points in the quarter for DeSimone (3G, 2A). Jenner with eight DCs. Shame Fitzpatrick gets the start in goal; two saves vs. one GA.

18-1 at the half. Have a day, several Duke players: De Simone with nine points, Maddie McCorkle with four goals, Jenner with 14 DCs (she’s now four shy of the career record).

24-1 is your final. Thirteen different players score for Duke. Jenner gets the record.

ACC opener at BC is next.

Maddie Jenner now holds the NCAA Career Draw Control Record - 646 and counting.
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

ACC women’s lacrosse play starts up this weekend, and 3-0 Duke gets thrown straight in the deep end, traveling to number four Boston College. The Eagles are 2-1 against a brutal early schedule, with wins over USC and UMass and a one-goal road loss to Northwestern.

Charlotte North and Sam Apuzzo are gone, but the Eagles still have plenty of weapons, led by attacker Jenn Megid and midfielder Belle Smith. And they still have Rachel Hall, who for my money is the best goaltender in the women’s game. Duke needs Maddie Jenner to deny the Eagles possession, and all their offensive players need to bring their A+ games.

Noon Eastern on ACCNX (note to locals: the game is being played indoors, and isn’t open to the public).

4-1 BC over Duke after 1Q. BC is dominating in all aspects.

7-3 BC at the half.

10-4 BC after 3Q.

Duke is mounting a bit of a comeback in 4Q, now 12-8 with 8 min remaining. 4 straight goals for Duke.
    Desimone had 3 goals in 1:09 min.

BC closed the door with 4 straight goals to make it 16-8. BC leads 19-9 in draw controls and 24-14 in shots on goal.

17-8 is the final.

Duke women have an opportunity to bounce back from the loss to BC when they face Liberty today.

The Flames are 1-2, with losses to the Cheaterettes and Richmond and a win over VCU.

Last season, they gave Duke all it could handle before the Blue Devils escaped with a 8-7 win.

4:00 p.m. Eastern on ACCNX.