Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley

WBB: Duke 68, BC 27

Duke takes on a "bad" BC team tomorrow night, but they need to take them seriously. (I'm sure they will, they have seemed to all year.) While they have a losing conference record, one of those wins was against at the time #10 NCSU, and the next came against Florida State.
    So they can beat anyone if the stars align.

Fun pre-game event for DWBB tonight, they were at the Celtics game. (Remember, Kara coached there.)

DWBB-Celtics.jpg

DWBB-Celtics2.jpg
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Will Shay Bollin get minutes being in front of her family and friends in Boston.

Winning at Notre Dame was a great win. Still wish they could shoot better, and I understand they are a grind it out defensive team.If Brown, Heide and Corosdale with Coaching could convert 1 or 2 more each at the rim. Slow down and take a little more time to shoot would improve every players %. Play well and 11-17 on the team could get minutes. Not likely but is possible with a double digit lead with 3 minutes to go.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Duke takes on a "bad" BC team tomorrow night, but they need to take them seriously. (I'm sure they will, they have seemed to all year.) While they have a losing conference record, one of those wins was against at the time #10 NCSU, and the next came against Florida State.
    So they can beat anyone if the stars align.

Fun pre-game event for DWBB tonight, they were at the Celtics game. (Remember, Kara coached there.)

DWBB-Celtics.jpg

DWBB-Celtics2.jpg
    That is great. Perhaps that is Steve Pagliuca's generosity. Being a Celtic co owner and Lawson's previous employer. Hope watching NBA rubs off on getting better.

As of Wednesday morning, BC was number 82 in the NET rankings and number 86 in the RPI.

Boston college will be an interesting test. Browsing her hoops stats, they rank has solidly good on both o and d but not great at either - jack of all trades kinda.

That’s a bit misleading tho, this is a team that has the profile of a big bruiser inside- they don’t shoot from range but rely on two pointers inside and offensive rebounds and put backs. Duke has defended those types of teams well, so I anticipate Kennedy brown to be very effective here and her rebounding key.

Solid start for Duke, shooting 45 percent and with only two turnovers. 17-9 after Q1.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Very solid start for Duke. Leading BC 17-9.

Duke D in full effect, the Eagles have 7 turnovers already.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Good quarter. I'm hoping for consistent play in all 4 quarters.

Love the mid-range shots around the foul line. Better than layups for this team.

Brown with 2 fouls early in the 2nd, so she'll be taking a seat through halftime.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Brown with 2 fouls early in the 2nd, so she'll be taking a seat through halftime.
    Her 2nd foul was an elbow after an offensive board. Good aggressiveness.

Richardson is having herself a game! 12 points before the half.

More Than Double clap clap clapclapclap!

32-14 Duke lead. Not much to complain about, although our FT shooting is way off. Only 1-5.

BC completely stifled that half. Impressive D, especially to end it in transition.

Now if only we could hit FTs...lol.
    <devildeac> anyone playing drinking games by now?
    7:49:36<Wander> drink every qb run?
    7:49:38<loran16> umm, drink every time asack rushes?
    7:49:38<wolfybeard> @devildeac: drink when Asack runs a keeper
    7:49:39 PM<CB&B> any time zack runs, drink

Carolina Delenda Est

Duke doing its thing. BC scoring drought over seven minutes. Richardson having a night, 6-9 shooting. 32-14 at the half.

In neither quarter did BC score double digits.

Duke with 13 points off turnovers.

We didn’t seem to slow down without Kennedy Brown. Mia stepped right up with some tough D of her own. Not much offense from the post, but we’ve been doing OK without that dimension. Brown back out to start the half.

As an aside, I’ve been impressed with the home team announcers, who have been giving Duke a lot of credit and seem to be trying their best to be relatively objective.

Officials not letting anything go inside. Brown and Heide both with three, and BC’s Gakpeng with three plus a T.