Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    I do not think that Duke needs to have a "sales pitch" to transfers like other programs do. The transfers that are interested in Duke as a real option are not necessarily focused on money but the exposure from Duke being on TV, possibly playing in the ACC or for some, it's simple things like playing closer to home.

Quote Originally Posted by KKDL19 View Post
    I do not think that Duke needs to have a "sales pitch" to transfers like other programs do. The transfers that are interested in Duke as a real option are not necessarily focused on money but the exposure from Duke being on TV, possibly playing in the ACC or for some, it's simple things like playing closer to home.
    Almost everyone is on tv now so the exposure on TV isn’t the advantage it used to be.

Quote Originally Posted by kshepinthehouse View Post
    Almost everyone is on tv now so the exposure on TV isn’t the advantage it used to be.
    Not saying that it's helped us get a ton of high profile transfers, but it is true that more eyeballs are watching Duke's games than just about any other school. So the exposure point is valid.

I’ve seen the mention a few times speculating that this may be Roach’s last year at Duke. Not clear to me why, though. Is he going to graduate early and start working at Cisco or KPMG or something? He’s not likely to get drafted, and I’m unsure why the G League or another school would be better.

Apologies if this is a naive question or has been addressed in another thread.
    Last edited by gillmic; 02-11-2023 at 02:04 AM. Reason: Added “early” after “graduate”

Quote Originally Posted by gillmic View Post
    I’ve seen the mention a few times speculating that this may be Roach’s last year at Duke. Not clear to me why, though. Is he going to graduate early and start working at Cisco or KPMG or something? He’s not likely to get drafted, and I’m unsure why the G League or another school would be better.

Apologies if this is a naive question or has been addressed in another thread.
    He could also play basketball overseas.