Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    UVA’s starting lineup features 22 years of college experience. Yes - an average of more than 4 years per player.

I’ll be glad when the extra Covid year has run its course. The one class that really deserved it - the Justin Robinson class - didn’t get it. We all know J Rob was on his way to FF MOP that year.

Quote Originally Posted by dukelifer View Post
    Maybe Hubert is too nice.
    Something definitely amiss in tarheel land. Getting the impression they plain don’t like each other.

Wait til they meet their fanbase.

Quote Originally Posted by Duke79UNLV77 View Post
    UVA’s starting lineup features 22 years of college experience. Yes - an average of more than 4 years per player.

I’ll be glad when the extra Covid year has run its course. The one class that really deserved it - the Justin Robinson class - didn’t get it. We all know J Rob was on his way to FF MOP that year.
    Uva's D is going to be hard to play against. They are very connected.

Quote Originally Posted by jipops View Post
    Something definitely amiss in tarheel land. Getting the impression they plain don’t like each other.

Manek was the straw that stirred the drink

Uva's D is going to be hard to play against. They are very connected.
    UVA was as good in the 1st half on D as I've seen them this year. In the 2nd, got a little slow on closeouts, and missed rotations once or twice. But that game was 10x the defensive performance from a focus/intensity standpoint I saw in the last 2 games (Syracuse and VT were very un-Virginia like in the effort/focus department).

I still think UVA looks a little off-kilter overall. The perimeter shooting was disastrous today, missed 3 front ends of 1-and-1s despite good FT shooting overall. If/when UVA plays a complete game, they look like a top 5/NCAA 1-seed type of squad. But the inconsistency is a lot higher than I usually see from a Bennett-coached team at this point in the year. On any given night, they're just as likely to play like a borderline top 25 team as we are a top 5-10 team.

Quote Originally Posted by SavDukeGrad View Post
    Phew. I got flamed once for jinxing a team while discussing a game, so I stopped posting for a while. So glad the Deacs hung on. Isn’t it a shame Carolina has a 3 game losing streak.
    Geez, really? I can understand (barely) some good natured ribbing for a jinx, but flames seem uncalled for.

Quote Originally Posted by Wahoo2000 View Post
    UVA was as good in the 1st half on D as I've seen them this year. In the 2nd, got a little slow on closeouts, and missed rotations once or twice. But that game was 10x the defensive performance from a focus/intensity standpoint I saw in the last 2 games (Syracuse and VT were very un-Virginia like in the effort/focus department).

I still think UVA looks a little off-kilter overall. The perimeter shooting was disastrous today, missed 3 front ends of 1-and-1s despite good FT shooting overall. If/when UVA plays a complete game, they look like a top 5/NCAA 1-seed type of squad. But the inconsistency is a lot higher than I usually see from a Bennett-coached team at this point in the year. On any given night, they're just as likely to play like a borderline top 25 team as we are a top 5-10 team.
    They will be UP for Duke and Duke will struggle with that D. I am not sure they will have an answer. UVa will force a ton of turnovers.

Quote Originally Posted by jipops View Post

They drive back to their dorm in 12 Escalades.

I think from 1926 to 2020, Clemson won at UNC-CH once and that occurred on January 11, 2020. I feel like if Clemson doesn’t do it this Saturday again, it may be another 60 years.

When the cheats were winning a few games earlier in the season, I kept getting annoyed that the camera would pan over to roy with the sh*% eating grin on his face, high-fiving the excited fans around him. Now that they lose every game? No Roy. Where's he at??

Manek was the straw that stirred the drink
    Yup, they should retire his number in honor of last year's success.

Actually, I'm surprised they haven't!
    Rich
    "Failure is Not a Destination"
    Coach K on the Dan Patrick Show, December 22, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Yup, they should retire his number in honor of last year's success.

Actually, I'm surprised they haven't!
    Wait, you mean they didn't?

BC leads VT at VT 39-27 at the half. VT truly is horrific this year. There seems to be a love affair with Cattoor here on these boards since he torched Duke for 31 in the 2022 ACC Title game. He was injured this year and it did lead to some Hokie Ls. But I just don’t see it like some here that he’s some dominant player. The kid is mediocre to me mostly. Nice guy. Great athlete. Mediocre basketball player. He’s 1-5 for 3 points so far tonight. I think the drooling and swooning over him here by many may be a result of some PTSD Duke fans have from him stumping the Duke defense last year en route to his career night.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronDuke View Post
    BC leads VT at VT 39-27 at the half. VT truly is horrific this year. There seems to be a love affair with Cattoor here on these boards since he torched Duke for 31 in the 2022 ACC Title game. He was injured this year and it did lead to some Hokie Ls. But I just don’t see it like some here that he’s some dominant player. The kid is mediocre to me mostly. Nice guy. Great athlete. Mediocre basketball player. He’s 1-5 for 3 points so far tonight. I think the drooling and swooning over him here by many may be a result of some PTSD Duke fans have from him stumping the Duke defense last year en route to his career night.
    VT is not horrific. I know you love making hot takes. But come on.

And nobody is saying Cattoor is a dominant player. You are creating a strawman. We are just saying that he is an important part of that team, as their best perimeter defender, best shooter, and backup PG.

Wow… it’s no fun being everyone’s super bowl. Guess that comes with the territory. GO DUKE…

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post

And nobody is saying Cattoor is a dominant player. You are creating a strawman. We are just saying that he is an important part of that team, as their best perimeter defender, best shooter, and backup PG.
    I was one that posted in favor of Catoor. With him they beat Duke. Beat UNC. beat UVA! And lost to Clemson AT Clemson on a last second 3 by Clemson. Without him they were 1-7 in ACC. He clearly helps.

Quote Originally Posted by gofurman View Post
    I was one that posted in favor of Catoor. With him they beat Duke. Beat UNC. beat UVA! And lost to Clemson AT Clemson on a last second 3 by Clemson. Without him they were 1-7 in ACC. He clearly helps.
    Yeah, I am and have been right there with you.

VT is a decent team when healthy. Not great, not awful. They would probably be about where we are had Cattoor not gotten hurt when he did. They are absolutely not horrific.

And Cattoor is a decent player who is critically important to that particular team. He's not an All-ACC player. But he makes a huge difference on a team that doesn't have a huge margin for error.

But yet, losing by a lot to BC...

Quote Originally Posted by jwillfan View Post
    But yet, losing by a lot to BC...
    Oh it will be a very bad (even horrific) loss for sure. That doesn’t make them a horrific team though.

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post

They may not be horrific but that loss to 179 Kenpom ranked team BC at home likely may have just ended their NCAAT at large chances. Cattoor may not be fully healed - 2-10 from the floor and 2-9 from 3 for 8 points tonight. BC has won 5 in a row over VT now. Hokies are 14-10, 4-9. Pretty rough season for them.