Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan_Wilson View Post
    Do you want the actual or the estimate?

Also, was Young not fouled on the lay in?
    I laughed out loud at this, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Dat View Post
    I thought we had moved past “first half at NC State” territory but this game has the same feel - missing a ton of makeable shots early, hot shooting early by the other team, down double digits early, tons of turnovers. Blech. We look young and tired.
    I totally agree. Proctor, Roach, & Blakes not good. We should not be this inconsistent February 6. That was the worst first half since NC State. Miami was hot, but Duke helped them get on fire! Scorch their ears Jon!

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    Young and Grandison really giving the team quality minutes. Keeping the game just on the fringes of possible.
    Agreed. Grandison may not be a scorer but he does some nice stuff that doesn't always show up on the box score. His passing has been superb.

Great end of the half execution for Miami. Their pressure REALLY bothered Duke. Duke started seeing shadows on drives because Miami's quickness was the story of the half. I would like to compete hard the 2nd half and at least put game pressure on them.

Game ain’t over.

Quote Originally Posted by heyman25 View Post
    I totally agree. Proctor, Roach, & Blakes not good. We should not be this inconsistent February 6. That was the worst first half since NC State.
    Not good. You couldn’t be any more kind. I was going to say they stink, but not good is OK too

We may not have been ready for this game. Careless with the ball and really lax defense in the first few minutes. We need to fight hard in the 2nd half and claw back into this.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan_Wilson View Post
    Agreed. Grandison may not be a scorer but he does some nice stuff that doesn't always show up on the box score. His passing has been superb.
    Agree, and I want Grandison to get significant minutes. He has one obvious weakness: he wants to drive, but his handle is not dependable. He knows he can’t do it, so he starts to drive, but just can’t continue to the rim.

Please no “we got knocked backs” in the post-game presser…

The dangers of a young team. They expended a ton of energy in the UNC game, and haven’t been able to muster it today. Combine that with Roach overcompensating and forcing mistakes, and a veteran opponent looking for revenge at home, and we get the situation we are in.

Defense has been fairly good. But we haven’t handled the intensity of Miami’s defensive effort tonight, and our offense has been awful as a result.

Gonna need to settle down. Will need to win each 4 minute segment by 3 to win.

Thankfully Young and Grandison have been terrific. I would suggest Grandison plays a lot in the second half because he is the only perimeter player playing with poise right now.

Gotta get Flip and (when he is in) Young the ball in the post, and Grandison is the only perimeter player who can do that tonight.

I should add: Flip with nearly a double double already.

the basketball?

Both State and Miami are Adidas schools. Are they both using Adidas basketballs for their home games? Just curious as we've had trouble both games just holding on to the ball.

My hobbyhorse - wish there was one brand of ball used in all games everywhere in college basketball.

11 turnovers. That’s the difference.

Weak -- playing without any toughness. Not finishing shots at the rim and being very sloppy with the ball. Roach's shots not falling.

Quote Originally Posted by simplyluvin View Post
    We may not have been ready for this game. Careless with the ball and really lax defense in the first few minutes. We need to fight hard in the 2nd half and claw back into this.
    This has been an unforced error extravaganza. Pride has to kick in immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by SavDukeGrad View Post
    11 turnovers. That’s the difference.
    They’ve sped us up with relentless pressure. We’re trying to compensate by playing too fast, and that’s causing us to make bad decisions - turnovers. We need to slow down, stay under control, and run our stuff. Easier said than done lol.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by 4xduke View Post
    Both State and Miami are Adidas schools. Are they both using Adidas basketballs for their home games? Just curious as we've had trouble both games just holding on to the ball.

My hobbyhorse - wish there was one brand of ball used in all games everywhere in college basketball.
    It's obviously a women's ball.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Sadly, I think the margin is too great to overcome (especially since Miami is really good & they're at home) BUT...I hope to see us play with more poise in the 2nd and at least make the final margin respectable - i.e. under 10pts

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    It's obviously a women's ball.
    Pretty good work here.

Borrowing from another thread, this wii be Duke’s best comeback win ever…

So tentative with the ball