Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast
Results 221 to 240 of 243
  1. #221
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Van Nuys, CA
    Granted Miami is well coached and is playing great, but Duke is soft and has shown no Pride or Toughness. Scheyer I hope tells it like is is in his presser. They embarrassed themselves tonight.

  2. #222
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Mount Kisco, NY
    Well, at least weíll be focused for VirginiaÖ.maybe.
       

  3. #223
    Schutt can shoot.

  4. #224
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Van Nuys, CA
    Schutt ! WOW highlight of tonight!

  5. #225
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Steamboat Springs, CO
    Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    Well I don't think we're seeing Flip any more tonight.
    Well, I was wrong. He came in for a TO.
       

  6. #226
    Already thinking about UVa game. I donít expect weíll look this awful. I have a question: anyone know whether theyíll take only Tuesday or both Tues and Wed off?

  7. #227
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Mount Kisco, NY
    How many times have we been dunked on? Now by PackÖ
       

  8. #228
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Van Nuys, CA
    Take Flip out now

  9. #229
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    North of Chicago
    Another game where a more physical opponent basically makes it impossible for Duke to play basketball.

    Too many turnovers because of their physicality. Too many missed layups because Mitchell and Kyle arenít strong enough - and the stripes are letting the other team pound the cr$p out of us. Itís a replay of the State game, and the deciding stretch of the Clemson game.

    Unwatchable. Game isnít supposed to be played like this, and we donít have anyone who seems physically capable of responding to physicality. We play weak and scared. Jonís not yet figured out how to unlock what we need to respond to this kind of opponent.
    Last edited by Chicago 1995; 02-06-2023 at 08:44 PM. Reason: Typo
       

  10. #230
    Best news of the night - the Boozer twins are there with Carlos.

    Worst news of the night - this is the wrong game for them to attend.
       

  11. #231
    Quote Originally Posted by simplyluvin View Post
    It was going to be hard to be mentally ready for this one after an emotional high just 48 hours or so ago, but this is a real step backwards for the team. Really sloppy and careless play with little to no composure. Our youth came out in a bad way tonight.
    This was going to be a really tough game no matter what.
       

  12. #232
    This is tough to watch. Would like to see the team gather on their own to discuss this and see what they can do to motivate each other.

    Still love this team and think they will get it figured out.

  13. #233
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    North of Chicago
    Quote Originally Posted by simplyluvin View Post
    It was going to be hard to be mentally ready for this one after an emotional high just 48 hours or so ago, but this is a real step backwards for the team. Really sloppy and careless play with little to no composure. Our youth came out in a bad way tonight.
    Absolutely right, but my frustration is that we just cower and play so weak when we face an opponent like this. No one on the team seems willing to punch (figuratively) back and match physicality.

    Itís the weakest Duke team I can remember.
       

  14. #234
    Quote Originally Posted by dukelifer View Post
    A lot of lows? I know you like to project years into the future but this season still has time.
    Yes, a lot of lows.

    And how much time does this season have? I mean, I'm resolved to enjoy the ride, but the reality is we're mediocre. And the ceiling just isn't that high for this team. And I say that not because of results, but because of roster composition.

    Maybe they'll give us another high, maybe two. But I expect more lows.
       

  15. #235
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Van Nuys, CA
    I guess the Coaching Staff has a lot of work to do. Flush this out of your system. This could be like the early K game against UVA and Ralph Sampson.Jeff Mullins was on Barry's championship with Golden State Warriors and Nate Thurmond.

  16. #236
    Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    This is tough to watch. Would like to see the team gather on their own to discuss this and see what they can do to motivate each other.

    Still love this team and think they will get it figured out.
    The team has clearly moved on mentally. This is just a bad performance after an emotional win. Young team learning a lesson tonight.
       

  17. #237
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Mount Kisco, NY
    Between Purdue, State and MiamiÖitís a rare season when we get our butts kicked this bad so many times. But, I donít think itís a referendum on anything. We are young and not overwhelmingly talented. This is painful to watch, and we have 5 days to stew on it. But, the sun shall rise tomorrow.
       

  18. #238
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    matthews nc
    Quote Originally Posted by SavDukeGrad View Post
    Best news of the night - the Boozer twins are there with Carlos.

    Worst news of the night - this is the wrong game for them to attend.
    At least they can see they're needed

  19. #239
    Quote Originally Posted by Chicago 1995 View Post
    Game isnít supposed to be played like this.
    This hits the nail on the head. Itís so deflating to see the multiple ways this effort is so absolutely wrong.

  20. #240
    Quote Originally Posted by bshrader View Post
    Yes, a lot of lows.

    And how much time does this season have? I mean, I'm resolved to enjoy the ride, but the reality is we're mediocre. And the ceiling just isn't that high for this team. And I say that not because of results, but because of roster composition.

    Maybe they'll give us another high, maybe two. But I expect more lows.
    What team is not mediocre in your eyes? UVa? Pitt? Clemson? State? Those are your league leaders.
       

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 170
    Last Post: 01-21-2023, 02:11 PM
  2. Replies: 124
    Last Post: 02-01-2021, 08:55 PM
  3. Replies: 48
    Last Post: 01-21-2020, 10:59 PM
  4. Replies: 162
    Last Post: 01-15-2018, 08:54 PM
  5. Replies: 157
    Last Post: 01-21-2017, 10:13 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •