Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by PackMan97 View Post
    I believe that name is trademarked by an adult film company in Louisiana. Don't ask, I won't tell.
    starring Dr. John (Holmes)

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Duke fans happy > UNC fans sad. UNC fans are always sad, losing doesn't change that. They root for a school that cheated for 20+ years and escaped consequences because non-athletes took fake classes too. UNC is lesser than and will always be lesser than, no matter what the scoreboard says.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by SoCalDukeFan View Post
    a) Duke beat UNC and Duke fans are very happy.

b) UNC lost to Duke and UNC fans are really unhappy.

I think for me it should be a but I think is is really b.

SoCal
    What you're asking is "Which is better, an 83-50 stomping or Tre Jones and Austin Rivers ripping baby blue hearts out?"
    That's truly a tough choice, although I celebrate both equally and for just as long.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

In a similar vein, happy for a victory in a pretty good contest that showed some adaptation and also DL showing some absolutely amazing D. Optimism for future. Good coaching and glad for coach and his family and friends. And i like our team and so seeing their perseverance and joy is great to watch.

As far as the institution of UNC goes, dont consider them legit so no matter. However, their fans are generally bat s$&@ so always amused (not happy) to see them cast about.

So it is all about us. Happy we won.

Why can't it be equal? I believe the two go hand-in-hand. I could theorize those that downplay B) may not have many friends that went to UNCheat or are their fans. Having grown up in the Triangle, and even though it's been 30 years since I lived there, B) still matters.

To me, this is kind of like asking which of your kids you love the most, A) or B).

9F
    I will never talk about That Game. GTHC.

Isn’t one synonymous with the other?

Quote Originally Posted by Tooold View Post
    While for me it is mostly “A”, I felt a little bit of “B” last night leaving Cameron when I passed that security guard who, before the game, was asking everyone who walked by to yell “go Tar Heels”.
    Did you let him know that he forgot the "to hell" part?

Quote Originally Posted by Phredd3 View Post
    Did you let him know that he forgot the "to hell" part?
    Haha! I do think some other people did.
    Before the game I was trying to be polite to UNC fans. (Altho I thought it took a lot of nerve for him to say this to all the duke fans as they walked by).
    After sitting next to a UNC fan during the game (who kept complaining about the lack of fouls called on duke), it did take more restraint to stay quiet when we passed him as we left.

Usually A for me. There are a couple noteworthy exceptions. Last night was A 100%.

Beating UNC is more important than anything outside of a national championship as a fan. I’d rather beat UNC than win the ACC tournament

I’m usually an “A”, but after all braggadocio over the last two games, “the end of the rivalry” etc, I reverted to “B” form. I listened to the postgame on the UNC network (we only get them or State here in WNC) to enjoy the angst. The demoralization on their podcast was even far more pronounced, “Duke isn’t even a good team” and, of course, complaining over their lack of foul shots. Living in NC surrounded by their fans obnoxious behavior, especially after last year, makes the whining and the tears enjoyable at times like this. I’m ecstatic over the win, but can’t help enjoying their suffering along with it. So now, is the rivalry still over? UNC fans swell up and deflate in equal proportion. And they still have never gotten over our rising to equal, even surpass them as the most respected team in the ACC. One hot streak at the end of last year only briefly changed that equation. We got next!

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalDukeFan View Post
    a) Duke beat UNC and Duke fans are very happy.

b) UNC lost to Duke and UNC fans are really unhappy.

I think for me it should be a but I think is is really b.

SoCal
    Probably leaning B for me ... I think I get at least as equal a kick out of reading the ridiculous comments on the boards at "inside carolina" after they lose (especially to Duke), as I do reading the victorious comments here.

Quote Originally Posted by Reddevil View Post
    Always A. I never care how they feel.
    Yeah, let's not get too oogly about it. Roach winking at Love at the end of game said it all for me. Last year was a new low but this game helped heal a bit of the heartbreak. A bit.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

That's a tough question.
    I think mostly A now, I am retired, so no longer have the daily contact with the ugly blue peoples. Five yeas ago, while working and
    that daily contact it would have been am B+

Quote Originally Posted by Reddevil View Post
    Always A. I never care how they feel.
    Same for me... "A". GTHC... feel what they want... I don't care.

Quote Originally Posted by Tooold View Post
    While for me it is mostly “A”, I felt a little bit of “B” last night leaving Cameron when I passed that security guard who, before the game, was asking everyone who walked by to yell “go Tar Heels”.
    Yeh, GTHC!!!!

GoDuke!

Way happier that we won.

As a native North Carolinian, I’d like to take some small satisfaction in my home state’s flagship public university’s sports successes. But Tar Heel fans are so obnoxious and I’m surrounded by them, so there’s at least some satisfaction in having them STFU, although their incessant caterwauling when they lose is almost worse than their gloating wins.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilYouKnow View Post
    Way happier that we won.

As a native North Carolinian, I’d like to take some small satisfaction in my home state’s flagship public university’s sports successes. But Tar Heel fans are so obnoxious and I’m surrounded by them, so there’s at least some satisfaction in having them STFU, although their incessant caterwauling when they lose is almost worse than their gloating wins.
    I'm very happy whenever the Cheats lose because of the fans and the way the so-called university needed to cheat to even be in the game against good teams. I can't prove it, but I'm pretty sure they've aways cheated.

GoDuke!

Quote Originally Posted by CameronDuke View Post
    A.

Glass half full kinda person.
    It makes me extremely happy when we beat them and I focus on our win and how proud we should be rather than those toxic lunatics down the road.
    I kinda get the Glass half full comparison generally.
    My POV is, the glass doesn't matter so much, if you are thirsty open another bottle.

But as it relates to the topic -
    Any Duke win is happiness.
    Any UNC loss is happiness -1.
    A Duke win over UNC is a full glass.

I wont lie, I enjoy having UNC fans being envious of the full glass. They are so thirsty.
    Take a sip, spill a little just for spite.

"I wont lie, I enjoy having UNC fans being envious of the full glass. They are so thirsty.
    Take a sip, spill a little just for spite."

Love it, well done !