Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    I'm gonna enjoy this win tonight as a young team found a way when they weren't at their best offensively.
    But the fact that the ACC office has Duke turning around and playing Monday night after a Sat night Duke/Carolina game is absolute horse s***.

Classic Duke Carolina

Forget the rankings, this was a great game.

I was afraid that Lively would get into foul trouble against Bacot, but instead Bacot had four and Lively two. Truly a monster game for Dereck.

This was also a huge game for Jon so I’m really happy for him and for the entire team.

the best news is that they didn't fade down the stretch!! stayed strong til the end

I complain a lot about refs on this board but I thought they did a very good job tonight. But...that "walk" on Proctor right at the end? Bwahahahaha!

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    It wasn’t a thing of beauty offensively, but the defense really came to play. Especially Lively. I was almost sure he would get a double double. This is the guy who was the #1 recruit. It is great to see him finally putting it together. Such a gamechanging presence when he is dialed in.

Not the most efficient game from Roach, but man did he make some big plays late. Really happy for him to get the win.

A couple of big threes off the bench from Grandison.

A mostly solid game from Proctor.

But what a great moment for this young team. Hopefully this helps build their confidence moving forward.

And heck, suddenly the ACC regular season is in play.
    Huge win. At Miami, FL Monday and at UVa Saturday. If they go 2-0 in those I think the ACC regular season is officially in play. I see the chances of that occurring as very low.

No time for team to celebrate
    48 hours playing Miami in Coral Gables FLA

Team grew up tonight. Great focus and execution - particularly on D. Lively was active and disruptive. They let them play which was nice. Proctor is turning a corner. Roach played like a vet.

Quote Originally Posted by bshrader View Post
    I'm gonna enjoy this win tonight as a young team found a way when they weren't at their best offensively.
    But the fact that the ACC office has Duke turning around and playing Monday night after a Sat night Duke/Carolina game is absolute horse s***.
    It's a rough stretch for sure but Miami also played today so they also have a two day turnaround. Same as the team will see in the NCAAs.

Hard to believe that after this emotional game tonight, we have to fly to Miami tomorrow.

Of course led by Dereck's 14, Every starter had at least 7 rebounds.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisP View Post
    I complain a lot about refs on this board but I thought they did a very good job tonight. But...that "walk" on Proctor right at the end? Bwahahahaha!
    I agree on the refs. Their presence was noticeable by their not being noticeable.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisP View Post
    Enjoy the moment. This is the one game on the schedule I cannot stand to lose. What a job by Lively the most but also the rest.

Scheyer with a brilliant timeout just before the under 12 TV TO allowed for two stoppages and long real-time but short game time rest for Lively when they cut the lead down. He came back with Lively and Flip and we needed every one of those minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronDuke View Post
    Huge win. At Miami, FL Monday and at UVa Saturday. If they go 2-0 in those I think the ACC regular season is officially in play. I see the chances of that occurring as very low.
    Definitely would give Duke a great chance but will be very tough given our performance on the road so far.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronDuke View Post
    It is in play. Whether it will remain in play next week is up in the air. But just one game back in the loss column? Yeah, it is in play.

Incessant whining about the officials on IC right now is both epic and so ironic.

Quote Originally Posted by AGDukesky View Post
    Definitely would give Duke a great chance but will be very tough given our performance on the road so far.
    Don’t know what the metrics say. I can’t see Duke being favored in either game. Anyone know what Kenpom predicts for Duke at Miami, FL and Duke at UVa?

Thank you. I will bathe in the tears of Carolina fans tonight.

Lively player of the game for sure. Roach was great. Proctor was great.

Crowd was electric. One of the best crowds I've heard at Cameron in a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Hartford Dukie View Post
    Of course led by Dereck's 14, Every starter had at least 7 rebounds.
    I was just about to say the same thing. The team was all in on the glass.