Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    The O for Duke is down to 46 on Kenpom. The D is up to 27. Overall Duke is 29.

Quote Originally Posted by bshrader View Post
    Incessant whining about the officials on IC right now is both epic and so ironic.
    Refs didn’t impact the game at all

I just looked at UNCs schedule the next four games and it is really brutal - especially if you include this game and Pitt before that. UNC could really fall to the bubble if things go wrong (or right)…

Quote Originally Posted by Bull City Proud View Post
    They established early they were gonna let the teams play. I thought they were very consistent.

With about 9 seconds left Roach is at the line to take the 2nd free throw. They cut to Scheyer and you can see his parents behind him crying joyful tears! ❤️

Quote Originally Posted by heyman25 View Post
    The coming out party for Dereck Lively 8 blocks 14 rebounds . Keep getting it Big Man! Tyrese Proctor was a great floor general and Jeremy came through.
    This absolutely was a coming out party for Lively. I was amazed at the fire he showed. This should be a great sign for the rest of the season. I don't know why, but I have a very strong sense that he is a GREAT teammate!
    Wow! What a delight to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronDuke View Post
    Don’t know what the metrics say. I can’t see Duke being favored in either game. Anyone know what Kenpom predicts for Duke at Miami, FL and Duke at UVa?
    Don't subscribe anymore but surprised to see that Duke is ranked above Miami on kempom. But given game is on the road, kempom still probably favors Miami.

Leaky Black finally missed.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Dat View Post
    Leaky Black finally missed.
    Too much time

They established early they were gonna let the teams play. I thought they were very consistent.
    For sure. It was rough and tumble the first couple of minutes, and it never really let up. I was fine with it as long as it was called consistently - which it was.

UNC fans would have cried about the officiating no matter what, but an assist has to go out to JB for bringing it up late in the game.

I am not too proud to say I can get emotional. I was in tears this game... Really needed this and just so proud of the grit of the team and so happy for coach. I was at the 82-50 game and I dunno, just meant so much seeing him succeed in such a different role nearly 13 years later. Go Duke and GTHcGTH!!!!
    Last edited by dukefan5656; 02-04-2023 at 09:05 PM. Reason: Egregious gthcgth error

Incessant whining about the officials on IC right now is both epic and so ironic.
    They went to the line 3 times tonight, all in the first half. And they average 24 trips to the line per game, according to Jason in the last podcast.

That had to be a key for Jon, keeping them off the line. Accomplished!

Kinda like an NCAA tournament game. Felt like that.

Are benches burning on campus now??

Sounds about right! Lol! Roach really made some huge shots and Lively did his best Bill Russell impression tonight. As our friend Bob Harris would say, "How SWEET it is!"

Quote Originally Posted by Bull City Proud View Post
    That's why they are whining. In a game with few calls, there were a couple each way that raised eyebrows. I will leave the evaluation to Bryan Kersey, but that is a sign of a pretty good game.

Hey, I'm not hearing the "Roger Ayers is terrible" chants!! 🤣

Tonight Derek lively proved the principle of quantum superposition. That must be what the “II” designates.

Hubert Davis points to his team only shooting free throws 3 times as the most important stat of the game tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by PackMan97 View Post
    Thank you. I will bathe in the tears of Carolina fans tonight.
    It’s tempting, but never forget those are the bodily fluids of Smurf fans. Gross.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronDuke View Post
    Don’t know what the metrics say. I can’t see Duke being favored in either game. Anyone know what Kenpom predicts for Duke at Miami, FL and Duke at UVa?
    Both are projected losses on KenPom, by 2 and 5 points respectively.