Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedog View Post
    It's a rough stretch for sure but Miami also played today so they also have a two day turnaround. Same as the team will see in the NCAAs.
    Hope I don’t end up eating these words, but I think Duke is a bad match up for Miami.

We are a young team that was fighting hard for rebounds, grabbing lots of loose balls, and not backing down on defense. I’m sure we will regress at times but after tonight these are no longer freshmen - they were wearing their big boy pants.

Hubert whined about fouls at halftime. I’m eager to hear what he says postgame. They were taking threes instead of attacking, so they didn’t get fouled - it is pretty simple.

That was fun

I don't know if the game was just that good, my expectations were lowered, or I have reached a new level of zen maturity but that is the most I have genuinely enjoyed a basketball game in a long time. I wasn't yelling at refs, only slightly annoyed at ESPN's pointless split screen, even Jay Bilas didn't bother me tonight. It was just a really really fun basketball game.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronDuke View Post
    Hubert Davis points to his team only shooting free throws 3 times as the most important stat of the game tonight.
    Did he say anything about his team shooting 27 threes (to Duke’s 11)?

Yes!!!!!

Great win. I can't wait to watch the replay and see if my initial takes were correct. I thought we played great defense and Jon had a really good gameplan. Lively won the game with his blocks, rebounds, and those two putback jams. I am so happy for Jeremy - he's had some tough games against that lot, but he made winnings plays tonight. Overall, our offense was quite bad, but it was enough.

There will be time for sober reflection later. But for now, beer me! Cheers you beautiful people!

Quote Originally Posted by freedevil View Post
    Did he say anything about his team shooting 27 threes (to Duke’s 11)?
    Lol no but he should.

Duke is 12-0 at Cameron Indoor this year.

Going to enjoy this one tonight, I'll worry about Miami tomorrow afternoon. Lively was unbelievable, great win. GTHC!!

Iron man Jeremy Roach played all 40 minutes. To go along with his 20 points and 7 rebounds.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronDuke View Post
    Duke is 12-0 at Cameron Indoor this year.
    Apparently tied for longest home, start-of-season, winning streak by an ACC rookie head coach with....Hubert Davis.

Dereck Lively II uses pepper spray to season his meat.

Dereck Lively II is able to slam a revolving door.

Quote Originally Posted by kmspeaks View Post
    I don't know if the game was just that good, my expectations were lowered, or I have reached a new level of zen maturity but that is the most I have genuinely enjoyed a basketball game in a long time. I wasn't yelling at refs, only slightly annoyed at ESPN's pointless split screen, even Jay Bilas didn't bother me tonight. It was just a really really fun basketball game.
    Interesting... I don't know if I paid more attention to the in-game commentary, but Bilas seemed to constantly talk about what unc did or didn't do... but only a small percentage of time of what Duke did... good OR bad

Played mature

Quote Originally Posted by MartyClark View Post
    Great win for a young team, hopefully a seminal game that builds confidence. Lively was spectacular.

Nest up, Miami. They will be tough and forced a lot of turnovers today.

Let's go Duke!
    So many things to like. One of the most enjoyable and encouraging aspects is that our young team did NOT play like a young team at the end. They were poised, confident, determined and focused on the game plan. To me, it's a great coming out party for this young team becoming a sound, mature basketball team.
    “I love it. Coach, when we came here, we had a three-hour meeting about the core values. If you really represent the core values, it means diving on the floor, sacrificing your body for your teammates, no matter how much you’re up by or how much you’re down by, always playing hard.” -- Zion

Quote Originally Posted by SavDukeGrad View Post
    Iron man Jeremy Roach played all 40 minutes. To go along with his 20 points and 7 rebounds.
    Lively played 33 minutes. His most previously this year was 23. Hope he gets some good rest for Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by curtis325 View Post
    Apparently tied for longest home, start-of-season, winning streak by an ACC rookie head coach with...Hubert Davis.
    The next two are Notre Dame and Louisville. I'll take the belt now.

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleBlue View Post
    Lively played 33 minutes. His most previously this year was 23. Hope he gets some good rest for Monday.
    I hope the adrenaline high from this game carries over... especially since it's only a couple of days. Then some rest, and re-focus for UVa

Quote Originally Posted by Hartford Dukie View Post
    In addition to everything else he did, Lively held Bacot to two points in 2nd half
    Pretty sure nearly all Bacot’s points were when Lively was on the bench.

Bilas said during the pre-game that the game would be about one thing…rebounding. He was right.