Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Quite

Quote Originally Posted by dukelifer View Post
    Held ND to 6 points in the 4Q. That is impressive
    Duke wins the second half 32-21.

The game wasn't available in my area on the ACCNX so I had to follow along online. I never would have thought, going into the 4th quarter, that 57 points would be enough to beat ND at ND (actually 53 would have gotten it done). Congrats to the ladies for a big 3rd quarter, holding the Irish to 6 points in the 4th and getting the big win. Coupled with unc's loss its a great day for the women's team.

Quote Originally Posted by dukelifer View Post
    Held ND to 6 points in the 4Q. That is impressive
    ND shot 2-13 in Q4.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleBlue View Post
    ND shot only 2-13 in the 4Q, but Duke was only 3-13.
    There was a looonnnnggg stretch in there where neither team could get a shot to fall. It was a back and forth brick-fest. Testament to our D to keep ND doing their part of that battle.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Hmmm

Duke his four threes in the 3Q and none the other three quarters.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by dudog84 View Post
    Awesome! I'm beginning to think this team is not overachieving, they're just plain good.
    I think you're on to something.
    Two wins now over top 10 teams, and both on the road. Very impressive.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

If you’d told me before the game that we would hold Miles to a very quiet 11, I would have said “I like our chances.”

Great team D. Shy spent the whole game getting over screens and staying in front, and help was always there when needed.

Quote Originally Posted by miramar View Post
    Duke wins the second half 32-21.
    I think Duke's depth and constant defensive pressure wore ND down, forced some bad shots and won the rebounding battle.

Anyone have the link to the post-game presser?

Quote Originally Posted by burnspbesq View Post
    If you’d told me before the game that we would hold Miles to a very quiet 11, I would have said “I like our chances."
    With 3 minutes to go Miles made a block/steal and went full court for a step-back three to draw ND to within one. I was hoping that wouldn't set the whole ND team on fire, but apparently they were all gassed by then.

A stunning, incredible win from this team, who goes from underwhelming against Pitt to putting up 23 in a quarter on Notre Dame (before the offense remembered it was Duke in the 4th).

At this point, we should absolutely be hosting tournament games. What an incredible season and defensive performance.
    <devildeac> anyone playing drinking games by now?
    7:49:36<Wander> drink every qb run?
    7:49:38<loran16> umm, drink every time asack rushes?
    7:49:38<wolfybeard> @devildeac: drink when Asack runs a keeper
    7:49:39 PM<CB&B> any time zack runs, drink

Carolina Delenda Est

Anyone have the link to the post-game presser?
    It's on FB now.

https://www.facebook.com/DukeWBB/videos/545683997520402

Once again our Women come up with a big win. Coach Lawson has really instilled good defense into them. Our Defense kept us in the game. In the 3rd quarter there was a spell when neither team could score. Thankfully our D kept us on this till our offense came back.

Which, if any, of our seniors have additional eligibility?

Kara is 3-0 this year against NCState, Louisville, and Notre Dame. Those programs have won the last 9 ACC tournaments and dominated the conference since Notre Dame and Louisville joined.
    Bad officials are elected by good citizens who do not vote. - George Jean Nathan

Crazy stat, both teams scored double digits in the first three quarters, and both teams scored in single digits the 4th.

Congratulations Coach Kara !

Quote Originally Posted by RepoMan View Post
    Which, if any, of our seniors have additional eligibility?
    I think all below are eligible next year:
    Sr - Taylor, Balogun (extra Covid year)
    Jr - de Jesus, Oliver, Brown
    So - Richardson, Day-Wilson
    Fr - Jackson, Koabel, Bollin
    Incoming Transfers - Emsbo (Yale)

These are gone:
    Gr - Corosdale, Lewis, Shaffer, Havas, Heide, Schmidt

I think all below are eligible next year:
    Sr - Taylor, Balogun (extra Covid year)
    Jr - de Jesus, Oliver, Brown
    So - Richardson, Day-Wilson
    Fr - Jackson, Koabel, Bollin
    Incoming Transfers - Emsbo (Yale)

These are gone:
    Gr - Corosdale, Lewis, Shaffer, Havas, Heide, Schmidt
    Balogun is not. And Jim Sumner, as good a source as there is who was unfortunately chased from this website in one of the dumbest decisions ever, has written that Taylor plans to not take the extra year (though that was early, maybe she's enjoying herself ).
    Bad officials are elected by good citizens who do not vote. - George Jean Nathan

Quote Originally Posted by dudog84 View Post
    Balogun is not. And Jim Sumner, as good a source as there is who was unfortunately chased from this website in one of the dumbest decisions ever, has written that Taylor plans to not take the extra year (though that was early, maybe she's enjoying herself ).
    Thanks, hadn't heard if they wanted to use the extra year and stay at Duke.

Plus these are Kara's incoming 2023 recruits:
    Jadyn Donovan #3 ESPN
    Oluchi Okananwa #27
    Delaney Thomas #29
    I think these are verbal commits at this point.