Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley

WBB: #16 Duke 57, #9 ND 52

It's disappointing for such a big game to be relegated to online only ACCNX, but of course at the beginning of the season it was not foreseeable that both teams would be ranked.

This is obviously a huge game. The top two teams in the conference going at it for supremacy in the standings. At least "top two" on paper, because right now Duke has so many offensive issues that I don't think many of us would raise an issue if we aren't looked as such by outsiders.

Aside from the basketball size issue that she brought up, Coach Lawson spent most of her press conference acknowledging that the team has some serious problems with shooting. She rightfully celebrates our defense, but knows this team isn't anywhere close to where they need to be when they have the ball. I don't know what corrections her staff can make in three days time, but hopefully something clicks. It wouldn't hurt just to have a much needed "hot handed" day on top of that, which happens to woeful shooting teams from time to time.

Turnovers will also be a big concern. We looked like we were getting better a month ago, but the last few games have been sloppy. Notre Dame is a group that is going to make us pay for those gifts if we turn it over every two minutes. (That's what a 20 TO outing equates to.)

If Celeste has even a decent game, as well as Balogun, I like our chances. At least I don't feel we'll get blown out. If they are cold, it might get ugly quick. Add to that, our bench needs to contribute. Only Vanessa and Jordyn made their shots last night, and neither was over 50%. (2-6 & 2-4)

This is a huge opportunity for this team. Let's hope they show up for it. LGD!
    Last edited by Bob Green; 02-05-2023 at 03:32 PM.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    PS, I messaged mods about adding the date to the thread title. I left that off, ooops.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    PS, I messaged mods about adding the date to the thread title. I left that off, ooops.
    The network should also be changed to RSN.

Here are the channels carrying the game:
    https://theacc.com/sports/2023/1/25/..._DU_ND_23.aspx

For ESPN College Extra subscribers, it is on the first channel in that package (788 on DirecTV). There must be a blackout map somewhere, just not where we can find it.

RSN? Huh. I guess they don't want me to watch this one. Bummer.

Quote Originally Posted by Phredd3 View Post
    Triple damn, nor will I.
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

Quote Originally Posted by chrishoke View Post
    Triple damn, nor will I.
    According to ESPN's on-line schedule, the game will still be streamed on ACCNX. I hope it's accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by Kedsy View Post
    According to ESPN's on-line schedule, the game will still be streamed on ACCNX. I hope it's accurate.
    ACCNX games that are on regional television are often blacked out so you are forced to buy the cable package. Your best legal option for cordcutting is the radio broadcast on GoDuke.com.

Quote Originally Posted by duke2x View Post
    ACCNX games that are on regional television are often blacked out so you are forced to buy the cable package. Your best legal option for cordcutting is the radio broadcast on GoDuke.com.
    Always - here in Raleigh.
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

Quote Originally Posted by duke2x View Post
    The good news there is that ACCNX game generally appear for streaming within the hour after the game is over, even in the blackout area. Hopefully I can fit the game in before I hear anything about the result.

The good news there is that ACCNX game generally appear for streaming within the hour after the game is over, even in the blackout area. Hopefully I can fit the game in before I hear anything about the result.
    Live on ESPN+.

Quote Originally Posted by burnspbesq View Post
    Live on ESPN+.
    That hasn't worked for me in Durham.

Hope the coaches are fixing the anemic offense.

Quote Originally Posted by heyman25 View Post
    I'm hoping that the law of averages kicks in and Duke shoots above average today. Also, ND had 22 turnovers in their last game (against BC) so they are also prone to sloppy play. A sloppy game would tend to favor Duke. Maybe they can contain Miles and wear ND down in the second half. ND's Mabrey, a good 3-point shooter, is out for the rest of the season, but Citron is also deadly from 3.
    Last edited by DoubleBlue; 02-05-2023 at 08:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by heyman25 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleBlue View Post
    I'm hoping that the law of averages kicks in and Duke shoots above average today. Also, ND had 22 turnovers in their last game (against BC) so they are also prone to sloppy play. A sloppy game would tend to favor Duke. Maybe they can contain Miles and wear ND down in the second half. ND's Mabrey, a good 3-point shooter, is out for the rest of the season, but Citron is also deadly from 3.
    This. I don't think it's "the offense" that's bad. The plays and the way the team runs are fine, but the end result of said action is the shot, and those have been missing the basket at a depressing rate. I'm on board with DB and am crossing fingers that we simply have a "hot" day today.

ND favored by 7 1/2
    O/U = 123.5
    Since Duke hasn't won when scored on with 70 or more so let's hope that ND doesn't reach that #, because according the O/U, that would be a beatdown.

Three straight TO's for ND to start the game. Now a 4th in four minutes.

Edit: Now 6 in five minutes. Duke leads 6-5.

Duke trails 16-12 after 1Q. A good quarter for Duke, just not shooting as well as ND so far. And ND rebounded 12-5, which made up for all the turnovers.

ND is making tough, contested shots late in the shot clock.

Duke is getting dribble penetration but not finishing.

Corosdale draw second foul on Miles.

That 3-pt attempt by Taylor was off by 3 feet.