Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley

WBB: Duke 53, Pitt 44

The Pittsburgh Panthers (7-13, 0-9 ACC) try to stop an eight-game losing streak when they visit the Duke Blue Devils (18-2, 8-1 ACC) on Thursday, February 2, 2023 at Cameron Indoor Stadium. The contest airs at 6:00 PM ET.
    Pitt is really bad, which is a rarity in the ACC it seems this year. While I totally expect a win, what I'll be most looking for is a strong start. We've stumbled out of the gate too many times of late, so I want to see us show right away why Pitt is the overmatched opponent they appear to be on paper.

I'm expecting to see a well rounded box score tonight, too, with solid contributions from our deep bench. Hopefully none of our starters pick up two fouls in the first quarter, but still hopefully they will be getting a healthy dose of bench time simply because Kara is keeping the rotation active.
    Last edited by Bob Green; 02-02-2023 at 07:47 PM.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

I'll be surprised to see any of the other ACC games go our way tonight. 5 ranked teams, none playing each other, and the only ones on the road are ND and NCState, who has apparently righted the ship over the last few games..
    Bad officials are elected by good citizens who do not vote. - George Jean Nathan

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by dudog84 View Post
    I'll be surprised to see any of the other ACC games go our way tonight. 5 ranked teams, none playing each other, and the only ones on the road are ND and NCState, who has apparently righted the ship over the last few games..
    For as good as the conference is, and as many games that are on tap, it's truly an off night without seeing any "toss-up" games.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    For as good as the conference is, and as many games that are on tap, it's truly an off night without seeing any "toss-up" games.
    I'm kinda sure somebody will surprise, but I have no idea who. I like surprises, hoping for uNC and FSU
    Bad officials are elected by good citizens who do not vote. - George Jean Nathan

Quote Originally Posted by dudog84 View Post
    I'm kinda sure somebody will surprise, but I have no idea who. I like surprises, hoping for uNC and FSU
    No surprises in Cameron, please. Game tips in 45 minutes.

Day-Wilson is feeling it. 3-3 from three early.

Quote Originally Posted by burnspbesq View Post
    Day-Wilson is feeling it. 3-3 from three early.
    The only one- the rest of the team struggles to shoot the ball. Geez

The rest of Duke 3-12. Fortunately Pitt is 4-18. Duke up six after Q1.

I’m almost ready to say that Heide should be starting.

Quote Originally Posted by burnspbesq View Post
    I’m almost ready to say that Heide should be starting.
    Can't argue with that. Brown rebounds and defends well but is a real liability on offense. Maybe split minutes 50/50.

Duke is making too many passes on offense instead of just taking the open shots.

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleBlue View Post
    Duke is making too many passes on offense instead of just taking the open shots.
    Strange decisions - passing inside with 3 defenders

A poor half of basketball

Shooting 36 percent for the half is just embarrassing against this caliber of opponent

If Pitt could shoot, we’d be in trouble. But they are 8-30 (3-10 on threes).

Not much of a confidence builder which is what this game should be. Maybe the 2nd half will be better.

The good news is that Duke only allowed 20 points, but the bad news is that they scored 25.

Quote Originally Posted by dukelifer View Post
    Strange decisions - passing inside with 3 defenders
    Taylor has made other terrible decisions on passes this game. Duke women just don’t shoot well. They get wide open shots layups and miss badly.
    They need to snap out of it. This game Florida State as well is poor execution and inability to score.

I am thinking Lawson wanted the team to work on interior passing. So far they are not doing that very well.

Quote Originally Posted by heyman25 View Post
    Taylor has made other terrible decisions on passes this game. Duke women just don’t shoot well. They get wide open shots layups and miss badly.
    Not sure what is up with Taylor- she has really struggled of late to score the ball