Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by CameronDuke View Post
    https://twitter.com/primetimemitch/s...tYdVipKBHjRZeg

Jason Capel yelling outside of the Pitt locker room: “Y’all gonna disrespect me? All I did for this program? Y’all gonna boo me? I held this s— together when Matt Doherty tore it apart. F—- that s—.”

@primetimemitch

Mitchell Northam official Twitter account
    The replies in that post…figures. There are distasteful elements to every fanbase (many of whom show up on Twitter), but the sentiment expressed is right in line with what I have experienced in general from that fanbase - growing up as a native North Carolinian.

I hope we keep check and never become this. It’s still a glass house after all.

Quote Originally Posted by PackMan97 View Post
    FSU on a huge run since your comment... thanks. NOT.
    Guess it worked out in the end for the Pack.

Jason Capel screaming after the game at the Dean Dome.

Oh look. Hole fans are scummy towards their former players and generally just trash.

In other news, water is wet.

A tweet from our fearless podcast leader has made it into the quasi-media. They completely miss his sarcasm, and both the author and Jason are completely wrong for reasons that have been discussed. The headline is way over dramatic. But it sure is entertaining!

https://thespun.com/more/top-stories...ednesday-night

Quote Originally Posted by Dukehk View Post
    Oh look. Hole fans are scummy towards their former players and generally just trash.

In other news, water is wet.
    When Jason played at UNC, fans on IC were being brutal towards him. Jeff went on IC to call the fans out. The IC mods confirmed that it was in fact the real Jeff Capel.

This week in the ACC - Some respect for the Pack

Usually most of the threads on this board concentrate on Duke with a few threads about all of the other teams in the ACC in one discussion. Yesterday a thread about the unc loss to Pitt was opened with too much focus on one team we have trouble respecting.

So perhaps as a counter balance here is a thread giving some much earned respect to the Pack.

They are tied with Clemson with the best record in the ACC at 18-5. The lone non-conference loss was to Kansas by 6 (80-74), so they certainly took care of their non-conference schedule. In the ACC they are 8-4 with losses to Pitt, at Miami, at Clemson and an "embarrassing" loss at unc (since every loss to unc is embarrassing).

Going forward they have a chance to redeem themselves with home games with Clemson and unc. (BTW the Pack managers can help with the unc game by distributing dark blue contacts. The ones that we all wear here at DBR. When unc takes the floor the Pack will think they are playing Duke and will play great.). They also have games with GT, BC and Syr where they should be favored. That leaves games with WF and Duke who they have already beaten and the key game at UVA on 2/9. They clearly are on track for a top 4 finish in the ACC and with some respect by the selection committee a good seed in the NCAA tournament.

(Packman...if I just jinxed the Pack feel free to blame me.)

Burns is a pleasure to watch. Especially last night.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkD83 View Post
    Usually most of the threads on this board concentrate on Duke with a few threads about all of the other teams in the ACC in one discussion. Yesterday a thread about the unc loss to Pitt was opened with too much focus on one team we have trouble respecting.

So perhaps as a counter balance here is a thread giving some much earned respect to the Pack.

They are tied with Clemson with the best record in the ACC at 18-5. The lone non-conference loss was to Kansas by 6 (80-74), so they certainly took care of their non-conference schedule. In the ACC they are 8-4 with losses to Pitt, at Miami, at Clemson and an "embarrassing" loss at unc (since every loss to unc is embarrassing).

Going forward they have a chance to redeem themselves with home games with Clemson and unc. (BTW the Pack managers can help with the unc game by distributing dark blue contacts. The ones that we all wear here at DBR. When unc takes the floor the Pack will think they are playing Duke and will play great.). They also have games with GT, BC and Syr where they should be favored. That leaves games with WF and Duke who they have already beaten and the key game at UVA on 2/9. They clearly are on track for a top 4 finish in the ACC and with some respect by the selection committee a good seed in the NCAA tournament.

(Packman...if I just jinxed the Pack feel free to blame me.)
    Actually, UVA is 17-3 with best overall record in ACC. But your overall point is true, this could be their year to win a few games in the tourney. Just don’t need to fold when Cheats visit PNC.

Quote Originally Posted by UrinalCake View Post
    A tweet from our fearless podcast leader has made it into the quasi-media. They completely miss his sarcasm, and both the author and Jason are completely wrong for reasons that have been discussed. The headline is way over dramatic. But it sure is entertaining!

Nice to see Jason's Heel fandom finally see daylight and get the recognition it deserves!

Quote Originally Posted by UrinalCake View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Nice to see Jason's Heel fandom finally see daylight and get the recognition it deserves!
    This is one of the funniest things I have seen in a long time. The author of that article doesn't realize I am a Dukie trolling the Carolina folks. Bwahahahahahaha! I love it!
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    This is one of the funniest things I have seen in a long time. The author of that article doesn't realize I am a Dukie trolling the Carolina folks. Bwahahahahahaha! I love it!
    You would think the “JasonDukeEvans” might give a clue.

Too funny, nice work!

Quote Originally Posted by scottdude8 View Post
    I counted a half dozen times where Bacot got away with blatant shoves underneath the rim. Jon better be prepared to call that bleep out Saturday.
    Yet, if you visit IC, all their contingency can talk about is how many shoves in the back Pitt got away with. That fan base is truly something else.

Quote Originally Posted by arnie View Post
    Actually, UVA is 17-3 with best overall record in ACC. But your overall point is true, this could be their year to win a few games in the tourney. Just don’t need to fold when Cheats visit PNC.
    Make my day Pack.

GoDuke!

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInBrasil View Post
    obviously a Flagrant foul, can't believe they didn't call it!
    You better believe that if Roger "Tar Heel"Ayers had been officiating that game it would have been called goal tending and one.

GoDuke!

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInBrasil View Post
    obviously a Flagrant foul, can't believe they didn't call it!
    No no. The Pitt player was trying to give a celebratory high-five to Davis.

Just like the VT player was celebrating with Flip's throat.
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

Quote Originally Posted by duke2x View Post
    If you put the video in slow mo, it's pretty clear the shot is very late compared to the buzzer. It's a good call and makes the foul/block irrelevant.
    Yeah, the official play by play does not include a shot attempt. The shot was after the buzzer.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    North Carolina was 100% fouled on that last shot. Not even a close call. Sibande gives him a high five while he is shooting.

Gosh, I just can’t tell you how angry, upset, and frustrated I am that the foul didn’t get called. I’m not sure I’ll ever get over it.
    lol. Nice Jason!

On a serious note, the clock operator was QUITE slow. NC caught the ball, turned, jumped, and got the shot off in less than a second? Not physically possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    This is rich!

Quote Originally Posted by scottdude8 View Post
    I counted a half dozen times where Bacot got away with blatant shoves underneath the rim. Jon better be prepared to call that bleep out Saturday.
    I counted three times in one sequence! He's slick. But if he gets caught a couple times... nah, what ACC ref worth his salt would start calling that?
    Man, if your Mom made you wear that color when you were a baby, and you're still wearing it, it's time to grow up!