Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

This week in the ACC (1/30 - 2/5)

Pitt has absolutely given away a win in Chapel Hill. They've been awful the final 5 minutes. Carolina has done everything in the world to give it to Pitt, and they won't take it.

Carolina looked good. I really liked that last play they ran, excellent shot from Davis...

This week in the ACC (1/30 - 2/5)

Pitt made some bad plays down the stretch and UNC got their usual home cooking from the refs. But Pitt hit two huge free throws and got a monster block on Love to close it out.

I have to question Davis's decision to get the ball across half court and call a timeout to set up the final play. It worked perfectly for them in an earlier game this season, but in this one there was only 0.6 seconds left. Either way, heels looked good!

ETA: By Davis I mean coach Hubert Davis, not guard RJ Davis

scottdude8 is online now Moderator, Contributor, Zoubek disciple, and resident Wolverine
    Quote Originally Posted by UrinalCake View Post
    Pitt made some bad plays down the stretch and UNC got their usual home cooking from the refs. But Pitt hit two huge free throws and got a monster block on Love to close it out.

I have to question Davis's decision to get the ball across half court and call a timeout to set up the final play. It worked perfectly for them in an earlier game this season, but in this one there was only 0.6 seconds left. Either way, heels looked good!
    I counted a half dozen times where Bacot got away with blatant shoves underneath the rim. Jon better be prepared to call that bleep out Saturday.
    Scott Rich on the front page

Trinity BS 2012; University of Michigan PhD 2018
    Duke Chronicle, Sports Online Editor: 2010-2012
    K-Ville Blue Tenting 2009-2012

Unofficial Brian Zoubek Biographer
    If you have questions about Michigan Basketball/Football, I'm your man!

Josh Pastner needs a 10 year contract extension after his game tonight in Louisville.

North Carolina was 100% fouled on that last shot. Not even a close call. Sibande gives him a high five while he is shooting.

Gosh, I just can’t tell you how angry, upset, and frustrated I am that the foul didn’t get called. I’m not sure I’ll ever get over it.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by scottdude8 View Post
    I counted a half dozen times where Bacot got away with blatant shoves underneath the rim. Jon better be prepared to call that bleep out Saturday.
    Several plays I just watched him under the basket while the ball was out on the perimeter. It would be great footage for an instructional video... on how to play defensive line.

As usual, UNC doubled their free throw attempts 22-11 in a one point game

YES!’ Capel boys sweep the cheats!! Nothing could be finer, only Duke taking them down Sat.

Sure, lots of details, but what a pleasant game to watch.

Really smart strategy on Capel's part to go for the win in regulation. Give Heels very little time. Jeff and his guys headed for 14-15 ACC wins and to the tournament.

By the way, Cummings' 4th foul was such a bogus call (one of many, I know!).

Hubert Davis is now 0-3 versus Pitt with two of those coming at home. After this Saturday he's going to be so sick of having to play against K's former assistants!

Was someone looking ahead to Saturday?

Quote Originally Posted by Hartford Dukie View Post
    Really smart strategy on Capel's part to go for the win in regulation. Give Heels very little time.
    They were down 1, got fouled and made both free throws. What other choice did Capel have?

The dream of Louisville going 0-20 in ACC play is dead.

What the heck are we all supposed to do now??

Several plays I just watched him under the basket while the ball was out on the perimeter. It would be great footage for an instructional video... on how to play defensive line.
    He always reminds me of an offensive lineman blocking for a running back.

They were down 1, got fouled and made both free throws. What other choice did Capel have?
    They got the ball with 25 seconds, they could have quickly gone for the shot, looking for rebound if missed, or, if need be, foul and stilll have one more possession. They deliberately decided to take their chances with one last possession.

If Roger Ayers is a referee Saturday I might not watch the game; he won't let us beat Carolina...

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by Matches View Post
    The dream of Louisville going 0-20 in ACC play is dead.

What the heck are we all supposed to do now??
    Did all three fans that showed up rush the court?
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    I was positive they were going to call a foul on that.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."