Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 136
  1. #41
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Vermont
    Anyone else remember one of the very worst of all time, Clutch Cargo?

  2. #42
    As far as TV for kids <10 goes, Bluey is the only answer.

  3. #43
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Never had kids here, but I can watch any episode of Spongebob any time it's on. (At least through the first 6 or 7 seasons.)

    My girlfriend, who works all day with kids, loathes it. I think she risks losing her medical practice license for that blasphemy.

    PS, the fact that Clancy Brown is the voice of Mr. Krabbs makes it even better. The evil Shawshank Redemption jail guard, hanging out at the bottom of the sea.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    PS, the fact that Clancy Brown is the voice of Mr. Krabbs makes it even better. The evil Shawshank Redemption jail guard, hanging out at the bottom of the sea.
    He is the toughest screw who ever walked a turn at Bikini Bottom.

  5. #45
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Santa Cruz CA
    Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    I did learn that stuff from older 'toons like Rocky and Bullwinkle...Wile E Coyote, etc...
    I didn't make my kids watch shows from my youth, but I did renovate and have in my basement a Rocky and Bullwinkle pinball machine.
    Sadly I had to give up my pinball machines when I moved to California.

    Until I read through this thread, I had blocked most of the shows my kids watched from my memory.
    The ones I see mentioned that I don't have completely bad memories of are Blues Clues and Spongebob.

    Barney was especially annoying. The Teletubbies was so twisted it seemed like you needed to be at a level of being unable to form words to enjoy it, either because you were an infant or on mind altering susbstances.

  6. #46
    I don't remember curating what my kids watched, it was more about how much time they spent in front of the box. And I definitely didn't watch with them -- that break time for me. I recall some VHS tapes they wore out. Music, on the other hand, was a different story. My wife gave up control of the car stereo early on. That never happened in my car. I like to think that's why as adults the kids have such good taste in music.

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey View Post
    H.R. Pufnstuf
    Boom.

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmymax View Post
    I don't remember curating what my kids watched, it was more about how much time they spent in front of the box. And I definitely didn't watch with them -- that break time for me. I recall some VHS tapes they wore out. Music, on the other hand, was a different story. My wife gave up control of the car stereo early on. That never happened in my car. I like to think that's why as adults the kids have such good taste in music.
    I will never forget rolling down the road with my 2 year old daughter listening to Cake and when the lyrics "How do you afford your rock and roll lifestyle?" pop out I hear her in the back say "I don't know." Also her mother comes home from a hard day at work and I say "Y'all gonna make me lose my mind!" and my daughter pops out "Up in here! Up in here!" Also I'm a great dad.

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    Anyone else remember one of the very worst of all time, Clutch Cargo?
    I'll bite, I remember watching it as a kid. I can't think of the name of that specific type of animation, where the only moving parts are characters' lips moving in sync with the spoken words; there might have been some other, very primitive, types of motion incorporated. Having seen the start of an episode much later, I can agree that it is unwatchable today.

  10. #50
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    North of Durham
    I have finally escaped the land of kids TV - my kids were early risers so I spent countless morning hours dozing on the couch while they watched.

    Sesame Street was the gold standard though my older son's Elmo obsession was a challenge
    Daniel Tiger (animated Mr. Rogers spin-off) is really great though can become tiresome. My older son was the same age as Daniel when it started so really identified with it - our second was born around when Daniel got a sister
    We watched a ridiculous amount of Thomas - my passport from the Island of Sodor should be arriving shortly
    Paw Patrol was kind of entertaining - catchy song
    Wild Kratts is fun and educational - one of the brothers is a Duke alum
    Curious George is classic
    Pete the Cat is awesome - I think adults like it more than kids - kind of trippy
    Mixed feelings about PJ Masks
    Chuggington - a poor man's Thomas
    Ryan's World - I hate that kid and his family more than Carolina - they are pure evil

    Despite watching a ton of TV, I have two relatively well-adjusted, healthy, social, smart kids. So it isn't as bad as many people make it out to be.

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    I have finally escaped the land of kids TV - my kids were early risers so I spent countless morning hours dozing on the couch while they watched.

    Sesame Street was the gold standard though my older son's Elmo obsession was a challenge
    Daniel Tiger (animated Mr. Rogers spin-off) is really great though can become tiresome. My older son was the same age as Daniel when it started so really identified with it - our second was born around when Daniel got a sister
    We watched a ridiculous amount of Thomas - my passport from the Island of Sodor should be arriving shortly
    Paw Patrol was kind of entertaining - catchy song
    Wild Kratts is fun and educational - one of the brothers is a Duke alum
    Curious George is classic
    Pete the Cat is awesome - I think adults like it more than kids - kind of trippy
    Mixed feelings about PJ Masks
    Chuggington - a poor man's Thomas
    Ryan's World - I hate that kid and his family more than Carolina - they are pure evil

    Despite watching a ton of TV, I have two relatively well-adjusted, healthy, social, smart kids. So it isn't as bad as many people make it out to be.
    My wife looked at a few Pete the Cat books, asked why in the world we would want our kids to read about a stoned cat and that was that.

    No Pete the Cat around the house.

  12. #52
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    On the Road to Nowhere
    Anyone remember Davey and Goliath? I had no idea I was being indoctrinated.
    Past is gone, thou canst not that recall; Future is not, may not be at all;
    Present is, [so] improve the flying hour; Present only is within thy power. - Friar Park Clock Tower [author unknown]

  13. #53
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by dudog84 View Post
    Anyone remember Davey and Goliath? I had no idea I was being indoctrinated.
    They kind of creeped me out tbh. Although Sally was hot.
    I do not think that word means what you think it means.

  14. #54
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    North of Durham
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    They kind of creeped me out tbh. Although Sally was hot.
    Sally had shiksappeal.

  15. #55
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    Sally had shiksappeal.
    She had clay in all the right places, if you know what I mean. And those “come hither and convert” eyes.
    I do not think that word means what you think it means.

  16. #56
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    On the Road to Nowhere
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    They kind of creeped me out tbh. Although Sally was hot.
    C'mon, who didn't want a talking dog? Sure there are talking cartoon dogs, but this was claymation! Almost real! So I won't let you bait me into a Sally discussion and what I did with my Play-Doh.
    Past is gone, thou canst not that recall; Future is not, may not be at all;
    Present is, [so] improve the flying hour; Present only is within thy power. - Friar Park Clock Tower [author unknown]

  17. #57
    Another vote for Bluey

  18. #58
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Durham, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    I will never forget rolling down the road with my 2 year old daughter listening to Cake and when the lyrics "How do you afford your rock and roll lifestyle?" pop out I hear her in the back say "I don't know." Also her mother comes home from a hard day at work and I say "Y'all gonna make me lose my mind!" and my daughter pops out "Up in here! Up in here!" Also I'm a great dad.
    One morning as they were getting ready to head out for the day, my friend's 3 yo son suddenly belted out, "Train, train, take me on out of this town!" They looked at each other and said, "Who sings that?!?"

  19. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    One morning as they were getting ready to head out for the day, my friend's 3 yo son suddenly belted out, "Train, train, take me on out of this town!" They looked at each other and said, "Who sings that?!?"
    Hahaha! My children got a weird mix of 90s alternative, 90s rap and hip hop and classic country. And also a ton of national public radio.

  20. #60
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    Hahaha! My children got a weird mix of 90s alternative, 90s rap and hip hop and classic country. And also a ton of national public radio.
    My child will be raised on Wilco, the Grateful Dead, Brandi Carlile, and the Allman Brothers.
    And of course Iron Maiden.

Similar Threads

  1. When was the last time you enjoyed Fish Sticks?
    By EarlJam in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 01-25-2009, 12:49 AM
  2. Business cards for children
    By BCGroup in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-09-2008, 08:44 AM
  3. So I'm watching Children of Men tonight...
    By JasonEvans in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 01-21-2008, 06:57 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •