Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Fraggle Rock had some of the great music of any children’s series ever.

Quote Originally Posted by missfinch View Post
    My ex and his brother who lived down the street (just the brother, my ex still lived here then) are huge Simpsons fans and my kids and the cousins would join them to watch after dinner on Sunday nights. On the hundredth day of school when my youngest was in first grade they were asked to make a drawing out of the number 100 cut from construction paper and my son made his a picture of Moe’s Tavern:

Attachment 15376

This was the year after he and I had been called to the Head of School’s office over her concerns that he was upsetting the other children by talking about suicide. When she asked him if he knew what it meant and how he knew he said yes he knew and that Grandpa Simpson tried to kill himself in the diePod. That same year I had a parent tell me that her son kept saying “pie pants” and told her that my son had started saying it during a science experiment and he thought it was really funny but didn’t know what it meant.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qBPR9tNYK8

He also used to entertain us by reciting the dialog in all the voices of an entire “Hi Dr. Nick!” scene.
    I’m an excellent parent.

My kids got xm satellite radio 60s, 70s, 80s, Classic Vinyl, and Classic Rewind. My daughter texted me from Italy during a semester abroad thanking me for “raising her right” after she was the only person in the karaoke bar, Italian or American, to know all the words to Crocodile Rock. (And I don’t want any lip from you CD)
    My very strong compliments! Excellent parenting!

We set the right tone day 0 by naming our daughter Lennon (after John).

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey View Post
    My very strong compliments! Excellent parenting!

We set the right tone day 0 by naming our daughter Lennon (after John).
    I really want to honor my father and father-in-law and name our oldest son James Earl. I might have stood a shot until I told my wife we could nickname him Vader.

The second kid I tried hard to go for JSON (as in the javascript object notation) but she insited on Jason (after the DBR mod). It's one of the reasons I get away with so much around here (I kid, I don't even think Jason knows we named our kid after him)

Quote Originally Posted by PackMan97 View Post
    I really want to honor my father and father-in-law and name our oldest son James Earl. I might have stood a shot until I told my wife we could nickname him Vader.

The second kid I tried hard to go for JSON (as in the javascript object notation) but she insited on Jason (after the DBR mod). It's one of the reasons I get away with so much around here (I kid, I don't even think Jason knows we named our kid after him)
    There are three very famous James Earl's - James Earl Jones (which I agree would be incredible - my favorite movie is Field of Dreams), James Earl Ray (pretty far in the opposite direction), and James Earl Carter (incredible human being, opinions vary on his success as a politician).

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    Fraggle Rock had some of the great music of any children’s series ever.
    Agree

Star Wars Rebels. For many years, the best non original trilogy Star Wars out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Ash View Post
    Star Wars Rebels. For many years, the best non original trilogy Star Wars out there.
    And I enjoyed watching Clone Wars with my son.

Agree with both Star Wars shows.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Ash View Post
    Are we forgetting the Star Wars Christmas Special?

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDukie View Post
    Are we forgetting the Star Wars Christmas Special?
    Purposefully. Here's to never remembering. (Other than giving Boba Fett some depth.)
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Purposefully. Here's to never remembering. (Other than giving Boba Fett some depth.)
    Did you like that? Some of my best straight man work in a while. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Love it.

That was outstanding. Always loved this one too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0PpsQ3wcUc

Quote Originally Posted by luvdahops View Post
    That was outstanding. Always loved this one too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0PpsQ3wcUc
    Excellent.

I seem to recall them doing a whole musical countdown show. Every 15-minute episode featured an original song IIRC (or at least something like that).

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    I blame this thread for this terrible news. The timing is just too suspicious.

Toy giant Mattel (MAT) announced Monday that Barney, the friendly (and, let’s be honest, cringe-worthy to a large group of Millennials who watched him as pre-schoolers, and to their parents) purple dinosaur is making a triumphant return to TVs and toy shelves next year. Thanks to the switch from live-action to animation, he’s now also got great big eyes.
    https://www.cnn.com/2023/02/13/inves...tel/index.html
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

I can't go through barney again .unfortunately my grandson is ripe for the picking .
    I literally just threw away a pile of barney vhs tapes .

My colleagues and I at Mattel appreciate the free input, suckers!