Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Father of Peeps Passes

Bob Born, sometimes called the father of PEEPS, has passed at age 98.

Linky

RIP, and take Peeps with you. Those things are vile.

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    Lol. Strong word, that vile.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    Lol. Strong word, that vile.
    If anything, “vile” is an understatement. I’d go for “crime against humanity.”

They may taste bad, but it's about the look/aesthetics/tradition. Kinda like candy corn for Halloween.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedog View Post
    They may taste bad, but it's about the look/aesthetics/tradition. Kinda like candy corn for Halloween.
    Reported. No one should ever eat or support in any way candy corn or peeps.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    Bahahahaha. For the record, I don't eat either... But on occasion, might buy one or the other. I didn't know what Peeps were for a long time as I didn't celebrate Easter growing up, and they seem to be a big Easter thing.

Bahahahaha. For the record, I don't eat either... But on occasion, might buy one or the other. I didn't know what Peeps were for a long time as I didn't celebrate Easter growing up, and they seem to be a big Easter thing.
    I'm willing to at least entertain the notion that I overreacted here. But it's this kind of thought process that leads people to eat turkey at thanksgiving. And we know that's a mistake. Research shows this.

We are throwing down. I love candy corn. And I like peeps. I am cheap so I enjoy buying peeps on deep discount a day or two after Easter. Like I enjoy getting cheap chocolate right after V Day, Easter and Halloween. It tastes better on sale - scientifically proven fact.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    We are throwing down. I love candy corn. And I like peeps. I am cheap so I enjoy buying peeps on deep discount a day or two after Easter. Like I enjoy getting cheap chocolate right after V Day, Easter and Halloween. It tastes better on sale - scientifically proven fact.
    You are an absolute monster.

Preach.

You had me for the first part but lost me on the second part. I don't understand how Peeps has like two dozen flavors.

Quote Originally Posted by Kdogg View Post
    Preach.

You had me for the first part but lost me on the second part. I don't understand how Peeps has like two dozen flavors.
    I will throw down over candy corn. I like peeps but am not nearly as passionate about them so would not inflict bodily harm on kind folks like Clem in support of them.

I will throw down over candy corn. I like peeps but am not nearly as passionate about them so would not inflict bodily harm on kind folks like Clem in support of them.
    This argument is crazy. Not crazie. Crazy.

Candy corn is even more vile than Peeps.

Candy corn is even more vile than Peeps.
    Agreed. And Wilson knows John Denver's entire anthology. So suck on that before you pick a fight with that guy. And he teaches 7th graders. Toughest sumI'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this. alive.

Agreed. And Wilson knows John Denver's entire anthology. So suck on that before you pick a fight with that guy. And he teaches 7th graders. Toughest sumI'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this. alive.
    As one who lives with a 7th grader (and a 3rd grader), I have infinite respect for those who teach them. I can only imagine a group of them hyped up after eating a lot of candy corn and peeps. That would have me leaving on a jet plane, as John Denver would say…

...leaving on a jet plane, as John Denver would say
    Ummm, and do, as it were.
    Too soon?

Ummm, and do, as it were.
    Too soon?
    Wow. Never cross Wilson.

Lewis Black's bit on candy corn.

Linky NSFW

You wanted it. You needed it. So here it is:

https://www.schooltube.com/media/How...ork/1_fsdw7qvc